InuyashaOhki

"Happy" Little Trees signups

61 posts in this topic

This will be a more traditional game geared towards letting experienced players play alongside newer players. This would be a good time to invite that friend who you've been thinking about inviting to play.

The roles will be assigned randomly, so yes, the newbies can be villains. I will advise and guide any newbie who wants help. Private messages will be open as well if you want to talk to your friend who invited you.

I am going to list roles when the game starts, along with their powers and the nightly processing order. There will be more roles in my post than in the actual game, so you won't be able to work out who is who by the list.

All deadlines will be 11pm Central time. Keep in mind, Daylight Savings Time just ended. You are REQUIRED to post at least once daily, vote daily, and submit a power use daily. If you have an optional power you don't want to use, you must say "no power use" instead. I reserve the right to exercise any penalty I want on those who fail, including but not limited to: Public mocking, replacement, and forced watching of recorded political campaign ads.

The theme for this game is in the title. For those who don't know, the phrase "happy little trees" is from Bob Ross, who notoriously painted thousands of them. Unfortunately, not all the trees in the world are happy. You are all innocent art students traveling to a remote mountain camp to spend time practicing your art (any artists playing are welcome to share art inspired by the game). What you paint matters, though. A select few unfortunate souls will choose some not-so-happy trees to paint, becoming possessed by the lupine spirits of the forest.

Signups:

1. Happy Little NeopetsMom
  2. Happy Little Tweee
  3. Happy Little Blacjak
  4. Happy Little Lion Wiggles
  5. Happy Little Zilary
  6. Happy Little Celairiel
  7. Happy Little friends of Cel
  8. Happy Little TheZodiac
  9. Happy Little Bed
  10. Happy Little Trajectory
  11. Rockthe Happy Little Fox
  12. Happy Little Exiled Phoenix
  13. Happy Little UrGilgamesh
  14. Happy Little Rexozord
  15. Happy Little Ashontez
  16. Happy Little Smiletrue
Edited by InuyashaOhki

When I read the intro, I totally thought we were going to be the "happy" trees (maple, oak, pine, apple, etc.) and the werewolves would be the axes that the "unhappy" trees turned into to chop us down. But I'm cool with being an art student too... :P

Sign me up! Do we get to submit drawings to demonstrate our skillz?

1 hour ago, Zilary said:

When I read the intro, I totally thought we were going to be the "happy" trees (maple, oak, pine, apple, etc.) and the werewolves would be the axes that the "unhappy" trees turned into to chop us down. But I'm cool with being an art student too... :P

Sign me up! Do we get to submit drawings to demonstrate our skillz?

I actually considered doing something like that (being trees), but it's better I didn't go that way. You woodn't beleaf all the tree puns I know. :) 

And yes, you are encouraged to share any drawings or other art you like. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you draw. :) 

36 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

I'm in!  and I'll be inviting friends. Thanks Inu!

New blood! Yay! 

11 hours ago, Bed said:

Can I play? Can I be depressed too?

You can play. I can't say yet if any of the trees will be depressed.

11 hours ago, Celairiel said:

When will  the game start?

I was planning on Thursday or Friday, but some idiots just cut through my DSL line, so there may be a delay in starting. Let's say Friday for now and if I need to bump it back, I will cross that bridge when I get there. All days will be 24 hours, so Saturday will be the first deadline.

I have someone coming out tomorrow to fix the DSL, so hopefully all will be ready before Friday.

EDIT: Well, "before 9am on the 9th" does include 11am on the 8th. Internet is restored, so definitely starting Friday on schedule.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Remember that signups close at 11PM tomorrow night (about 29.5 hours from now). If you know any other new players you'd like to have try out the game, twist their arm now. :) 

Celairiel likes this