InuyashaOhki

"Happy" Little Trees signups

Smile's here!!!

That's all the invites I had sent out. :)

Thanks Inu for hosting a traditional game. I'm excited for Ash and Smile to get to try out online ww in it's typical sense. 

Yep, I've got you down. I just was on my phone at the time, which makes editing difficult.

2 hours left to sign up. I may be a little slow sending out roles, but everyone should get their info some time between 11pm and 12pm Central. As usual, I strongly recommend sending in lists early so that you don't forget. You can always change them.

Well, I guess that's what I get for starting a bandwagon on a baddie. Good thing I wasn't a more important role!

Someone should probably check whether anyone was inactive Day 1 but active Day 2. They'd be a good candidate for Sociopath. (Also, if there's a Disabler out there, they should probably say who they targeted Night 1.)

Don't forget that our Vigi got rezzed. It's probably worth shooting a suspect if you wind up with two viable lynch candidates today.

Edit: Gonna point out, "I'm the Graverobber, but I'm going to rob the one corpse that probably doesn't have a power to steal" is a really great way to start the next day with "Well, I didn't steal anything, so I can't use my stolen power to prove my role...give me another day!"

Edited by weee5067

Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and boot you back to the living thread. You don't get the dead cookies and Kool-Aid quite yet, Smile. ;)

...UrGilgamesh doesn't get any either. For killing me.

As usual here at sparkbomb... No real analysis by the majority, just jump on the bandwagon as soon as someone defends themselves and never mind how obviously weak the argument was.

I even claimed a role from the list which is 99% of the time an innocent role and still this warranted votes on me. Very poor werewolfing guys.

But I would really look into Rex right now... He's screaming villain to me. He is smart enough to know that the evidence against me was too flimsy to warrant a vote, yet voted for me anyway and then put up an alternative in blacjak should he be wrong!! Lining up executions.

EDIT: And as for targeting the traitor with my grave robbing, I was working under the belief that he may have some dreaming ability to find the wolves, so was going to take a chance and target him.

Edited by thezodiac

I fought, I lost, I rest. I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Edited by RocktheFox

My suggestion the other day:

Vote blacjak for execution. Mass role claim to a confirmed innocent.

It was ignored, but when Wee put forward the same idea... It was jumped on. 😄😄

It's funny how that was a good idea yesterday but not when I was alive!

@weee5067 A couple of problems with the Cel vote:

1. The wolf team are the only villains left. When most voted for Bed Day 2, blacjak (a wolf) was pushing for a Cel execution instead. Don't think blac would do this to a team mate. It's at least very unlikely.

2. Rocks dream result. It just isn't that reliable. His result on blac proved that. 

And that kill of rock by smiletrue... what was the logic behind that?? I'm assuming blac claimed dreamer as rock did? Well clearly both could not be evil... One of them had to be the innocent dreamer. What a bizarre kill that was!!

Edited by thezodiac

Sorry about that, villains. There's been some talk that this wasn't balanced well enough, and I'm inclined to agree. I thought with 4 wolves and the list replace power that processed first, I had given them enough to counter the innocent team, but between the rez protection and ability to safely claim to rezzed innocents, it wasn't as well balanced as I'd planned.

Incidentally, Blac and Cel were both dreamed correctly - as Wolves. I don't know why he said Blac was innocent.

Yeah, I think rez protection only holding for the first Night after rezzing (with rezzing happening during the Day just before execution) would have worked better. I actually think having both a Protector and a Disabler was also a mistake, although the Night 1 Protect just prevented the OMT from killing a Wolf.

Yeah the game was a bit imbalanced. But the villains also had some bad luck with the protect Night 1 and the wolves killing the sociopath.

Blac and Rex joining a bandwagon on very poor evidence didn't help, however. They gave themselves away for me.

@Rexozord I do like the play of  putting suspicion on a team mate however. That's so something I'd do 😊. Blac done the same...

Cel and I both claimed dreamer. It was the only possible play we could have made and relied on there not being a dreamer in the game. We screwed up one list, Cel not forcing NPM to disable weee so she couldn't track Rex, as opposed to forcing weee to target someone who was not Rex. The outcome would have been the same however, as Rock died innocent, and Rex had claimed Hunter which would be the first role voted out after that.

It was a little more complicated than that. I Tracked UrGilgamesh Night 1, and saw him target Cel. Cel said nothing happened to her (so she wasn't Jailed), so when UrGilgamesh turned out to be the Sociopath, it was pretty clear that there'd been a successful protect Night 1. It also made it near-impossible for anyone to falsely claim Protector (since I knew who the real Protector had targeted Night 1).

I think, instead of trying to redirect me or NPM, it might have been better to target Smile. I think at least a couple of players suspected a secret rezconvert, so a random innocent getting shot might have sowed enough distrust to swing an execution.

@smiletrue1 it wasn't so bad executing me. I mean, most of the team were behind it anyway. The logic used was totally flawed tho and the truth of what happened, a successful protect, wasn't even considered, even after I suggested it. But that's all water under the bridge.

I tried to grave rob Smiletrue Night 2 for those who were wondering. But she was resurrected and my power went unused.

@InuyashaOhki What would have happened had I grave robbed Bed that time?

Well done guys, and good game!!

The reason for the double claim was as Blac said - we were gambling on there not being a dreamer. With the rez protection we hoped that a dreamer wouldn't be included as a balance. However, Rock claimed and screwed that up.

Zodiac - I have a couple of replies for you specifically. First, regarding your suggestion for a mass claim to Smile. That was a fear, but I at least hoped that because she's newer, she wouldn't have enough of a network to have people start the ball rolling. When weee called for a claim, it was a lot more dangerous. If I were innocent, I would claim to weee in this situation every time. We always chat during a game and my not full claiming once she was cleared would have immediately marked me as a baddie. Because of this, I at least was forced to claim to her, even if no one else had. And she had enough influence to probably have the same said with a few other players - thereby sealing the game for the innocents.

Regarding the vote on you - you saw me defend you on thread. The initial bandwagon was on flimsy reasoning. But your choice to rob a known traitor with no known power in an open set up game was what changed that. With that claim, you locked the vote on you because it frankly didn't make sense. Smile was right to share that, and it made the baddies very happy that you did something so confusing because we knew there would be a lot less discussion of who had voted you because it honestly made decent sense. I don't know why Rex jumped on you before that. He was certain you were the sociopath, but I don't see that the evidence was all that strong until your claim. At that point, I agreed with him that you probably were evil.

I think if rez protection had been 24, not 48 hours, the game would have been balanced decently, since processing order did work in our favor in most cases.

Fun game, Inu! Thanks!

@Celairiel Yes. I know that stating I was going to target Bed was the nail in the coffin. But my other options were Wee and Trajectory, where I would have got either a one use track or one use jail. I just wasnt that excited about either of those. So I decided to take a gamble on Bed. Did he really have no power whatsoever? He was just a plain villain then... that sucked.

5 minutes ago, thezodiac said:

@Celairiel Yes. I know that stating I was going to target Bed was the nail in the coffin. But my other options were Wee and Trajectory, where I would have got either a one use track or one use jail. I just wasnt that excited about either of those. So I decided to take a gamble on Bed. Did he really have no power whatsoever? He was just a plain villain then... that sucked.

Lol, please stop fondling my dead body.

Looking back, I misplayed badly and didn't think of a proper play in time. Wee caught me off guard. It's true that I hadn't invested too much time, like many people here because I was pre-occupied, and was looking to get into things a little more later. I was pretty much in the same boat as half the players initially. I honestly thought that people would be more aware of inactivity, and I was just posting so it didn't seem I was inactive. Probably should've kept it honest and not post if I didn't have time. 

I guess the proper play was to pseudo role-claim as the dreamer, ask for protection, and hope the werewolves won't kill me and dream me instead