InuyashaOhki

"Happy" Little Trees

15 minutes ago, Ashontez said:

So I'm good for the next 4 days then? :P

I'm not AT&T. You don't get rollover posts. :P 

4 minutes ago, smiletrue1 said:

So to be clear, the bus driver had a power that the grave person could potentially inherit? Would his power be on the list, or is it just driving busses.

First sentence: Yes.

Second sentence: I don't know what you're asking. The gravedigger role is on the list, and the bus driver role is on the list.

Votes so far:

Nobody- Zilary, Cel, Weee, UrGilgamesh, Rockthefox, Bed, Rexozord, Exiled Phoenix, Ashontez, Blacjak, Smiletrue
Not yet voted - NeopetsMom, Lion Wiggles, TheZodiac, Trajectory

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Vote: Nobody

No need to hash through the pros and cons of not voting someone first day. 

I just feel that it would be smart to not get rid of someone with a guaranteed ability before we know more. 

I think that someone contributes a lot more than nobody on a pretty consistent basis. Solid vote imo

Edited by Blacjak

Nobody votes: Zilary, Cel, Weee, UrGilgamesh, Rockthefox, Bed, Rexozord, Exiled Phoenix, Ashontez, Blacjak, Smiletrue, Lion Wiggles
Failed to vote: NeopetsMom, TheZodiac, Trajectory

Everyone turn and look at those who failed to vote for Day 1. Wag your fingers VERY disapprovingly.

The bearded man wanders into the forest and finds one of the native Nobody mice that scamper across the leaves, frolicking adorably. Picking it up and petting it kindly, he carries it back to the house and sets it...mid-air in front of the house. Wait, what? 

The Nobody mouse looks just as confused, squeaking plaintively at the lack of ground beneath him. With a crack of not-quite-thunder, the seams of reality appear to come unbound around the mouse, forming a void in the shape of a great guillotine. The blade drops down suddenly, and our censors have advised me not to describe what happens next. The poor, poor mouse was just an innocent forest creature that you senselessly executed. But at least now you have some idea why the wolves haven't just killed the executioner. It's not just his rather stunning beard.

A bit troubled by what you saw, you wander off to your rooms in the house, nervously locking the doors as if that ever stopped a werewolf before. Night 1 has begun.

(Night processing now.)

------

Ouuuuuuuuu....ch! Smiletrue yells out in the night. Rushing to her room, she is discovered lying in a pool of blood with claw-marks through her back. A quick search of her pockets makes it clear that she was the innocent Vigilante.

No one's sleep was further disturbed. 

Night 1 has ended. Day 2 has begun!

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Haven't read anything, just posting to note that I have just been made aware that the game has started. 😓 Sorry about not being here. I work 14-15 hour Saturdays. 

Sorry about missing the first day.  I had a surgical procedure on Friday that was relatively minor, but took more out of me than expected.  I slept very late on Saturday and then this having started totally slipped my mind.  (Having slept late, I am of course not sleepy now and decided to wander over here and then remembered this had started).  Anyway, will be around from now on.  Of course, as usual I would have voted Nobody on Day 1.

Thoughts on which roles are probably in the game, given last night? There wasn't any indication of heiring, although Inu might have just not planned to give any. There wasn't any indication of a second attack or successful protect, and given the role descriptions, I'm inclined to say there isn't an OMT this game.

Questions have been asked that I should make clear to all:

1. Is there rez protection? - Hypothetically, if there is rezzing in this game, the rezzed player would be immortal until the end of the following night.

2. Do I tell you if there is an Heiring or successful Protection? - I do not. That would make it too easy to work out what roles there are from the list.

3. Not asked, but the obvious next question: If you rez someone whose role has been heired, the hypothetical Heir takes the next innocent role to die.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Seems a bit strange that the Heir would gain the Bus Driver role at the beginning of the game due to plot, especially if the plot-bus driver can't be revived. Why have an Heir at all, in that case?

39 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

Seems a bit strange that the Heir would gain the Bus Driver role at the beginning of the game due to plot, especially if the plot-bus driver can't be revived. Why have an Heir at all, in that case?

Yes, it is quite odd, but we can also ask, why have an NPC die in the first place? Given that an NPC died for plot sake, and that the NPC that died is not listed in the 20 possible roles (Neville Manning is not named)

I would speculate that Rich Manning is the heir of Neville Manning, for plot sake before the game. And that the Heir(17. Duchess Noime) will inherit SmileTrue's role, which I think is:

7. Godfather Michellini - Vigilante. Though he only had his little 2-shot Derringer, he took it upon himself to use those two shots to try to kill the wolves at night.

I apologise for not getting on again yesterday. There was a bereavement in the family as an uncle of mine passed... I will be active for remainder of the game tho. Doesn't look like a whole lot happened yesterday anyhow 😊...

Edit:

Vote: wee

placeholder vote for now.

Edited by thezodiac

19 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

tWeee - The original residents of the town did indeed die a century ago. The wolves won that day. Will your generation fare better?

I will settle the mystery I didn't intend to be unclear: The bus driver role is dead by wolf attack and cannot be revived because it's an NPC. I put the death in so that you have an example of an alignment reveal on death and wolf attack. Bus driving role is dead, but the power might not be lost entirely if graverobber or inventor roles are in the game.

Bed,  based on this comment to weee and the following clarification, I believe that none of us have the name of the roles listed  at the beginning. I think we have those powers,  but our own names.  in the death scene,  Smile was only given her own name. She wasn't called Godfather.  

3 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Bed,  based on this comment to weee and the following clarification, I believe that none of us have the name of the roles listed  at the beginning. I think we have those powers,  but our own names.  in the death scene,  Smile was only given her own name. She wasn't called Godfather.  

Correct. The names are people who died a hundred years ago when they didn't win the game then. Everyone should have a role that is listed beside someone off that list. 

Phone posted my previous post again. Sorry about that. 

I think its worth a bit of discussion about why Smiletrue was the first killed. She's pretty new, as far as I know - no real connections as far as who'd go out of their way to silence her. Points at a no-trace first kill, to me - although the Vigilante is a powerful first role to get rid of. As I need to get in a vote (at work all day again), I'm going to Vote: Celairiel based solely on that I think if Smile roletraded with anyone Day 1, it was probably her  

Edited by Trajectory

Vote: Bed

Because the game setup was explained really early on, and he kept pushing an incorrect version of the setup after Inu's explanation. I think he's intentionally trying to confuse us, which is generally not innocent behavior.

Also, have you read that Bus Driver role? Talk about OP. I suspect an Heir wouldn't have inherited the NPC's role, and Inu is just being coy about it to avoid giving us too much information.

2 hours ago, Celairiel said:

Okay, I get it. Thank you. I took "all possible roles" at face value. 

Naming aside, it appears that the Godfather role is the only vigilante role so I'm inclined that's still Smile.

18 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

She's pretty new, as far as I know - no real connections as far as who'd go out of their way to silence her. Points at a no-trace first kill, to me - although the Vigilante is a powerful first role to get rid of. As I need to get in a vote (at work all day again), I'm going to Vote: Celairiel based solely on that I think if Smile roletraded with anyone Day 1, it was probably her

Hmm, I disagree. The Vigilante is also a role that could be manipulated into killing an innocent player, and it's hard for a Vigi to accidentally reveal a baddie (unlike, say, an investigative role). I'd actually say that Smiletrue dying innocent makes Cel a bit less likely to be evil.

17 minutes ago, weee5067 said:

Because the game setup was explained really early on, and he kept pushing an incorrect version of the setup after Inu's explanation. I think he's intentionally trying to confuse us, which is generally not innocent behavior.

It's my bad. Wasn't thinking - I pretty much skipped all the story bits and only focused on the game-related stuff, and it really looked like when it said this is all the roles and powers in the game, that's all I was really thinking. 

Re: Bus driver, did anyone get a notification that they had targeted someone not on their original list? Only the bus driver or Wolf 18 can do that, and it'd probably be good to know if we can at least trust submitted lists.

As far as the suggestion of Cel's potential guilt, I don't buy it. Looking down the list of roles, Vigilante is not one of the most powerful. Additionally, a Vigilante role would be more powerful to Cel alive than dead, assuming manipulation abilities.

He seems to be stirring up confusion with every post - something the innocents wouldn't benefit from. This is more of a position vote than a "please get on my bandwagon" vote.

What I find interesting about the smiletrue death is that it is intentionally picking someone to execute who is not a known high profile player.  That to me makes it more likely that the person choosing the target was intentionally wanting to not pick a high profile player.  Perhaps in an attempt to pick someone not likely to be protected.  I don't really find the argument that Vigilante isn't most powerful to be that persuasive.  That is, if I am evil and I don't know anything about the roles held by the innocents except I know that smile is the vigilante then I probably target her.  Now, if a choice between a known vigi and a known rezzer then, yes, I would pick the rezzer.  But given the early stage of the game if anyone knew the role of smile it would be probably be someone who didn't know the roles of anyone else.  In that case, picking smile makes sense.  But, again, I think a more likely possibility is that smile was picked as a random non-high profile player.

I am almost inclined to vote Nobody since I don't really have evidence of any weight against anyone, but I think that Traj's reasoning is probably the best so far so I'll

Vote: Cel

I agree that it is unlikely that, if an Heir existed, it would inherit the Bus Driver role. I mainly asked to see if Inu would confirm or deny. His response suggests to me that the Heir is not in the game (if it was, I think he'd be more likely to say outright that the Heir would not inherit the Bus Driver's role). I wouldn't make any definitive arguments based on the reasoning, but I think it's more likely than an alternative. (Weee is definitely right, that Bus Driver power is far too powerful for an innocent, or baddie for that matter, to have nightly access to.)

I don't particularly like the vote against Cel. The reason argued by Weee is reasonable, but Cel could also be afraid that Smile would see through a fakeclaim (if not now, then later) and shoot her. A more powerful reason is that, if Cel is a baddie, she would have a meta-reason to be disinclined to kill her friends, especially Day 1, especially if they haven't played much. (Unfortunately, this argument is WIFOM, strictly speaking, but based on my read of Cel as a person, it is correct.)

That all being said, the main reason I think the vote on Cel isn't particularly convincing is that I think it's fairly likely that killing Smile was the result of the spokes choosing a random Day 1 target. Unfortunately, that doesn't give me much to work off of because most of the players have been around long enough to be aware of this sort of strategy.

I'll be withholding my vote until later in the day. I don't like either proposed option, but I do want to see the input from others who have not posted.

I'll put it down to weee knowing me better than either Traj or NPM, but the hypothetical situation you are using is not something I would be inclined to do. If I were evil, and knew Smile's role, I wouldn't kill her immediately. I would naturally try to manipulate her. I would only kill her when it became dangerous. If I were evil and didn't know her role, I wouldn't include her in a "random-low-profile-player" list because, as a friend, she would form part of my innocent network. I rarely if ever kill my friends early when I'm evil. In fact, I was a bit miffed she got killed off night one since this is her first standard game with PMs and I was looking forward to playing with her. But we hadn't talked since she signed up because of IRL obligations on my end, and jet lag on hers.

*crossed with Rex - your meta reason is pretty much exactly accurate, as I explained above. 

Regarding Bed, I don't think he was being intentionally confusing. I was a bit puzzled by the names and roles as well. However, I need to save myself potentially. Inu, I'm not seeing in the rules, is execution my majority or plurality? And what happens in the case of a tie? Thanks!

Okay. Where exactly was the connection made that Cel would know Smile's role or whatever is being said? I'm curious as to how any traction, for the vote on Cel, even stuck. I don't see how, after only 1 day, we already have info that would suggest that Cel took out Smile. If they are friends irl, then it would be a pretty low move taking her out. I see how someone could claim that it could be a good strategy, with the possibility of people thinking she wouldn't do it. But, I just don't buy it. 

To me, it screams newbie kill. Or a veteran player making a good play in throwing Cel under the bus, as well as getting rid of the original inno. 

If I missed something, let me know. I was skimming through all of this while I was driving. So I could be wrong about no info on Cel. 

42 minutes ago, Rexozord said:

" A more powerful reason is that, if Cel is a baddie, she would have a meta-reason to be disinclined to kill her friends, especially Day 1, especially if they haven't played much."

Cel being disinclined to kill me because i'm new? I argue if she was a baddie, she would have offed me the first chance she could.