InuyashaOhki

"Happy" Little Trees

161 posts in this topic

Ash, Smile, who died last night, is my roommate's sister. So she's my friend. That's who they're talking about. Not everything is about you. ;)

And I totally wouldn't have killed you. I would much rather manipulate you! :)

2 hours ago, weee5067 said:

Also, have you read that Bus Driver role? Talk about OP. I suspect an Heir wouldn't have inherited the NPC's role, and Inu is just being coy about it to avoid giving us too much information.

Me? Be coy to avoid giving too much info? :P 

46 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Inu, I'm not seeing in the rules, is execution my majority or plurality? And what happens in the case of a tie? Thanks!

In case of a tie, I recommend a suit to go with it.

Oh, the other kind. Have the Millennium Falcon fly in while everyone else has forgotten that space has 3 dimensions.

Oh, the other-other kind? 

In the event of a tie, the execution is randomized. Execution is by plurality (most votes).

Votes so far:

Weee - TheZodiac
Cel - Trajectory, NeopetsMom
Bed - Weee, UrGilgamesh

May I remind everyone the mistake we made with Trump? Don't do it again :P

vote: cel

Mostly a self-defense vote. But seeing that Cel's got some support from her friends, this might be it for me. I am seeing that the main reason people are voting for me is because of my lack of understanding of the game. Or that I'm doing it on purpose, which doesn't make any sense. We got so many veteran players. Why would I try to get them confused? 

It's true, I could've been more attentive, and that's my fault. I went into the game non-serious and was just having some fun. 

Shouldn't  go accusing anyone until we get our facts strait even though the suspicion is growing in among our ranks. I like to think that we will get concert proof of Cel's allegiance soon because I trust Wee said she was not evil. 

vote: Zodiac

Edited by RocktheFox

I initially voted for you because you were making incorrect statements about how the game worked, but my vote's staying on you because you haven't made an effort to find a better lynch target. You could roleclaim and possibly stay alive if someone can verify your story (although, so close to cutoff, that might not be possible). You could identify someone else you think is suspicious. Instead, you're voting in self-preservation and not doing much else.

Weee - TheZodiac
Cel - Trajectory, NeopetsMom, Bed
Bed - Weee, UrGilgamesh, Ashontez
Zodiac - RocktheFox

Not yet voted: Blacjak, Lion Wiggles, Zilary, Celairiel, Exiled Phoenix, Rexozord

It's a little after 8 now, and 11pm is coming sooner than you realize. Get those votes and power uses in.

1 minute ago, weee5067 said:

I initially voted for you because you were making incorrect statements about how the game worked, but my vote's staying on you because you haven't made an effort to find a better lynch target. You could roleclaim and possibly stay alive if someone can verify your story (although, so close to cutoff, that might not be possible). You could identify someone else you think is suspicious. Instead, you're voting in self-preservation and not doing much else.

I was just speculating about what happened. So you're voting for me because of my lack of understanding of the game. Got it. 

"although, so close to cutoff, that might not be possible" - exactly what I was thinking. As I said, this looks like its me, but there's a chance that's it is cel.

Also, not taking the bait of telling me to find someone else more suspicious. I think if somebody has any information on someone who is a better target, please share it and save me! Because I don't have any information, and I'm not going to make up stuff that I don't know.

I'm more inclined to believe that Smile was a random kill versus an experienced player doing so. I think an experienced player would be more likely to kill another experienced player, just so the newer players have a chance to play. Also, I wouldn't put it past Inu to put a new player on the baddie team with some experienced players as well. I'm more surprised that the baddies had the luck to kill a Vigi the first night.

As far as the heir-powers go, even if we do or don't have an heir, I have the tendency to believe that we do have a graverobber or roles that play off the deceased. Killing off the bus driver NPC on Night 0 will give those with grave-robbing powers something to do Night 1. At least that's what I am leaning towards as far as the game is designed. If we do have an Heir, that person probably heired the Vigilante role instead of the Bus Driver role, is my guess.

Between Cel or Bed, if we are basing suspicions on what they're posting, Cel seems more convincing. I would like to vote Nobody, but I understand the politics behind Nobody votes as discussed in every game.

Vote: Bed

Another thought...since the baddies killed a new-ish player tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if they chose an experienced one Night 2. Or, I can also see them killing off the new-ish people then leaving the experienced players to yap amongst themselves, which might not be any fun for the new players. Out of the player list, I don't have any strong suspicions as to which player would likely kill off Smile first.

12 minutes ago, Bed said:

Also, not taking the bait of telling me to find someone else more suspicious. I think if somebody has any information on someone who is a better target, please share it and save me! Because I don't have any information, and I'm not going to make up stuff that I don't know.

I was really skeptical of the Bed wagon until he posted this. This is a baddie mentality. Speculating on possible baddies is always pro-town, even if your suspicions are incorrect. Only baddies would want to avoid doing so.

I would argue that speculating on possible baddies is different than finding someone more suspicious. Can I find more evidence than what we have now? No. Can I say, anyone else besides me is a possible baddie? Yeah.

edit:

Also, baddies can speculate to put pressure off of them. No matter what position I take, you can call me for it.

Maybe that's not a popular meta right now, I have no idea, but as far as I can see, speculating on possible baddies can go both ways unless you have good justification. Either behavioral or hard evidence, both of which I am not capable of providing since I do not see anything striking. 

Edited by Bed

I'm not sure about Bed or Cel, but I'm not going to vote Cel based on what's been said. 

If some amazing proof of the contrary comes up, I'll change my vote. 

Well, I guess that's the nail in the coffin. 

It's okay I suppose. I don't have an important role. 

Good Luck!

Updated votes:

Weee - TheZodiac
Cel - Trajectory, NeopetsMom, Bed
Bed - Weee, UrGilgamesh, Ashontez, Zilary, Rexozord, Lion Wiggles
Zodiac - RocktheFox

Not yet voted: Blacjak, Celairiel, Exiled Phoenix

I didn't want to vote Bed unless it was to save myself, since I think he was genuinely confused. I'm not going to defend him more than that, though, because the argument against me was frankly silly. Indeed, now that I'm not tied for execution, I am going to go with my first instinct and make a counter-vote based on the weakness of the argument against me.

Vote Traj

I think your reasoning was weak, and not just because it's against me, but because I do not think it is in baddie's best interests to kill their friends early. They cut off all lines of communication by doing so and make the game more difficult. 

I'll just go on record as stating that the speed with which this bandwagon sprang up concerns me greatly. There are a couple of people who have voted for Bed simply because they claim not to want to vote for Cel, which is possible, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one baddie was egging the Bed-wagon on from that position.

@Celairiel - While I do think I failed to take into account the fact that this being Smile's first "basic" game might indeed mean you wouldn't kill her based on that (which did cross my mind after I'd posted, to be honest, but I was at work, on my phone, and wanted to contribute some discussion today), I happen to think my line of reasoning would be completely valid under different circumstances (this not being Smile's first "real" game, etc.) I suppose it's a given that everyone is going to place different emphases on which roles they think are the most objectively "powerful" - personally, I think the Vigilante is a very strong role, and absolutely one I'd take out early as a baddie given the opportunity. You can never be sure where those shots are going to go if you're not the one shooting (see, for example, Red with a vigi shot). Given that you're the one that introduced Smile to the forum, I did indeed think it likely you'd roletraded on D1, which makes the assumption that you knew her role - and were thus possessed of a reason to want her dead, if evil - a fair one.

I have, however, since changed my mind on thinking you killed her. So there's that. I cannot in good conscience jump on the Bed-wagon, though - the only thing I've seen regarding him is the possibility that he's trying to confuse the role issue by asking more questions (something I could see coming from Blacjak, but not Bed, I don't think.)

Unvote: Celairiel - Vote: Rockthefox - A random vote after the first day accomplishes exactly nothing. Attempting to avoid making a decision re: execution in order to wait to be spoon-fed information also accomplishes exactly nothing.

Edited by Trajectory

Updatified Votes:

Weee - TheZodiac
Cel - NeopetsMom, Bed
Zodiac - RocktheFox
Traj - Celairiel
RocktheFox - Trajectory

Not yet voted: Blacjak, Exiled Phoenix

@Trajectory lol no, I don't just completely ignore what the host says about the rules or not read them in the first place. That said, I don't really think bed is very suspicious, and that this vote is kinda just based around thinking that bed is trying to confuse us by not understanding the game. Which seems like a line of reasoning that should be seen poorly when applied to a new player for example, and I don't really think it's something that indicates alignment.

So I guess I'll,

Vote: Cel

Because while I agree with weee's reasoning that having the manipulation role on the baddie team would make knowing who the vigi is very useful to keep alive, it also is dependent upon the baddies having that role to begin with, which I don't think we can safely assume. So I think Cel is still a better vote than Bed.

@Blacjak Didn't mean anything negative by it. Just saying, a strategy to confuse the typical innocent groupthink into making assumptions about the game setup seems fairly unorthodox and something you might do as a baddie. I think the same of MrHeatherway.

Yeah, I definitely do believe in unorthodox and different playstyles. From a position where you can control the groupthink with your personality that can be very effective, but I think it's a terrible move without eliminating the better players in the field right now, which is something I definitely believe in as a baddie.

Final Votes:

Weee - TheZodiac
Cel - NeopetsMom, Bed, Blacjak
Zodiac - RocktheFox
Traj - Celairiel
RocktheFox - Trajectory

Nonexistentialist Voter: Exiled Phoenix

Everyone glare at Exiled Phoenix and shake your fist.

The bearded gentleman walks calmly out of the house, then looks over Bed. "I'm sorry, young man. It seems they have selected you. I hope they chose well." Patting Bed on the shoulder lightly, he took a step back and Bed levitated up to the level the Nobody mouse had the day before. The fabric of space tore once more, and a guillotine formed of the void. Striking down, it split Bed in half...fittingly, as it seems, as he was something of a two-timer. In his back pocket was a well-worn copy of "Becoming a Werewolf for Dummies". He was the Traitor.

A crack of thunder splits the air, amid chanting. A little doll goes up in flames, but in it's place, Smiletrue1 is suddenly standing, looking very confused, but alive.

Night 2 has begun. (Processing now...)

Edited by InuyashaOhki

*bows*

Although people's night results might change this, I think NPM should be our next lynch target. She was the first player to create the Cel/Bed execution dichotomy.

Blacjak likes this

1 minute ago, weee5067 said:

*bows*

Although people's night results might change this, I think NPM should be our next lynch target. She was the first player to create the Cel/Bed execution dichotomy.

Unless this is your evil plan all along just to kill NPM *intense music plays in the background*