Trajectory

WW: Betrayal at the Mansion Down the Street Signups

43 posts in this topic

No problem, Zilary. :)

I'll give Zodiac a few more hours, see if he's available. I'll start the game this evening sometime.

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. I was available to play. No matter, I'll give the game a watch. It's been a while since I've seen a straight up traditional WW game play out.

Edit: This game is already fascinating. @Trajectory is it ok for me to speculate and postulate, or is it observing only?

Edited by thezodiac

On 12/6/2016 at 5:46 AM, thezodiac said:

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. I was available to play. No matter, I'll give the game a watch. It's been a while since I've seen a straight up traditional WW game play out.

Edit: This game is already fascinating. @Trajectory is it ok for me to speculate and postulate, or is it observing only?

Standard groupies rules apply. Postulate away.

Why the Masons don't just claim on thread right now is beyond me 😄😄...

But in any case... it looks like the game is over as Cel is surely the wolf. I see no advantage to a Cel set up. If it's an active who just forgot to send a list... well... 😏😏

I'm sorry guys. Zil  poked me this morning. I was sick last week,  then I was feeling better when the game started,  but I woke up Wednesday twice as sick as before.  I've basically been working and sleeping.

Traj,  I'm especially sorry for breaking your game.  I know that was on me.  by the time I remembered the game it was already late on day two,  and I couldn't think of any way to fix things. 

I'm very  sorry.

7 hours ago, thezodiac said:

@Celairiel... you were the wolf yes?

Killing the wolf was the only way the innocents could have ended with victory, so yes. Not sure who the traitor was, though. It could have been NPM and if I had to choose one person I'd guess her, but I don't think that's more likely than any of the other living players combined.

I was the traitor but that had absolutely nothing to do with my challenging your idea of people claiming.  When I am evil I try to post the same way I would post if I was innocent.  If I had been innocent - no matter what my role was - I would have posted the exact same thing.  My being traitor didn't come into it at all.  I didn't think the strategy would work (for the innocents) and so I did the post I did.  It actually irked me that Rex thought my posting made me likely to be the traitor because I am 100% positive I would said the exact same thing had I been innocent. 

Cel - I'm sorry you were sick. I know that you didn't act intentionally (you are always a very faithful, active player). 

Edited by Neopetsmom

Sorry to hear it went down like that. Don't give up on it over this, though. It's just an unfortunate issue of timing.

3 hours ago, Neopetsmom said:

It actually irked me that Rex thought my posting made me likely to be the traitor because I am 100% positive I would said the exact same thing had I been innocent. 

I didn't elaborate (it wasn't terribly relevant and no one asked at the time), but the thing that made me suspicious is not that you objected to my plan (you do that pretty regularly, and I think we approach Werewolf in different ways most of the time) but because the way you objected (the way you said what you said) made it feel like you had an idea of a different or better way to organize the hunt for baddies, but then you didn't suggest anything else. It also could have been a misread that got lucky. No way to tell for certain.

I think it is the latter.  I actually didn't have an alternative to suggest on Day 1.  Maybe it is because my usual stance on Day 1 as an innocent is to not vote to execute anyone to gather more info.  Now, in this case, I did intend to vote on Day 1 (I was thrown off by the 12:00 deadline.  I mentally read that as an hour later (my mistake).  Honestly, my alternative as an innocent would be to simply vote for whoever I felt sounded most suspicious from the day's posts and then see what happened.  From whatever death happened that night then I would take it as it came.  I guess I thought that was obvious enough that there was no reason to say it.

(As an innocent, honestly, I would have voted for you since I thought your plan wouldn't work and might be a clever attempt of a baddie to try to get control of what the innocents did. But I would have waited until late in the day to see if someone more suspicious came along). 

I just read the game thread, and I do think a mass-roleclaim might have been the best innocent strategy. I disagreed with the "Only the PIs should claim" approach, though - it made more sense for the baddies to claim Mason than PI.

4 hours ago, weee5067 said:

I just read the game thread, and I do think a mass-roleclaim might have been the best innocent strategy. I disagreed with the "Only the PIs should claim" approach, though - it made more sense for the baddies to claim Mason than PI.

1 hour ago, Neopetsmom said:

Note that I knew Cel was the wolf but she didn't know I was the traitor.

My initial analysis was the same, Weee, but then I realized that any Mason roleclaim would have to be initiated by the traitor specifically. If the Wolf and Traitor claimed Mason, and the Masons trueclaimed, we could simply execute the two players who claimed last out of the four (one from each pair) and the game would end. Realistically, I think if you drop all the claims into a minimax analysis, you're going to get both villagers and the wolf and the traitor all claiming villager, with the Wolf attacking the remaining three and hoping not to hit the wolfsbane (not claiming or claiming Masons will result in the innocents winning at least 9/10 if the innocents play correctly).

I think it's a poor assumption to assume the innocents will play correctly, though. I think it wouldn't have been infeasible for the actual Masons to be too uncoordinated/uncertain to claim persuasively.