And running and slipping and crying

But To the few that stayed,

The story has only begun

And it'll be so much fun,

When told under this beautiful setting sun

Because In this shadowy park,

Be careful when it gets dark

The Winter Wolf dwells at night

And you'll soon be in for quite the fright.

The creature howls and devours

With eyes glowing and hair frosty white

When seen, Be scared and just cower

Because you'll not want it to take a bite

Or else you'll change into an ugly creature

With fangs and claws and hairy facial features

There is one way to defeat this monster

And it'll take great efforts and posture!

So hearing this story is surely a must!

Sit down, listen, and don't make a fuss

Prepare yourself and you'll surely survive

After I tell you what happens to these unfortunate five

Welcome to Werewolf: Year's End

Player List:

1. thezodiac

2. Zilary

3. Trajectory

4. Neopetsmom

5. Blacjak

There is one person within this five that will turn into a werewolf.

Game 1: Trajectory was executed Day 1. The Innocents, thezodiac, Zilary, Neopetsmom, Blacjak each got 10 sparks.

Game 2: Blacjak was executed Day 1. Zilary was lynched Night 1. Neopetsmom was executed Day 2. The innocents, Inu and thezodiac each got 11 sparks.

Game 3: Zilary was executed Day 1. Inu was lynched Night 1. thezodiac was executed Day 2. Neopetsmom got 12 sparks.

Edited by Bed

THE RULES

Win Conditions:

The wolf will win if there is 1 or less innocent alive.

The innocents will win if the wolf dies.

Day Execution:

Each day, vote for a player if you are alive. The player with the most votes will die. In case of ties, whoever dies will be randomized.

Update: Voting is required each day. You can vote for "Nobody." If all living players vote for "Nobody" then execution will not take place. Be careful, because the "Player" with the most votes still gets executed. "Nobody" is not a player.

Night Powers:

Night Powers will occur instantly after execution.

Below is a typical night power order(unless otherwise stated in your role) and it is not intended to suggest any powers available in the game.

1. Protections

2. Werewolf attacks

3. Innocent attacks

4. Other powers

5. Transfer of powers

Story:

The story is a separate element from the game and is only based on the death of players. It is not intended to suggest any more information in the game.

Roles:

This is what a plain innocent role looks like:

Plain Innocent

Alignment: Innocent

Better luck next time

NEW RULES!

Communication:

You can only communicate to other players by posting in the Game Thread. This just means, you shouldn't PM one another and there isn’t a graveyard. Dead players can still post in the game thread – see rule for Deathless below.

3 Games in 1:

Each game is considered a “Game Cycle.” There will be 3 cycles. A cycle ends when a win condition is met. A cycle begins with every player being alive again and existing/new Roles re-assigned randomly. There may be a new wolf, or the old wolf is now on the innocent side, etc. Roles may or may not be the same from the previous cycle.

NOTE: If the progression of the game is slow or there are other issues, there is an option to stop at 2 or 1 if everyone agrees. Also, if there is something wrong with some of the rules (notably deathless rule), I see there is an opportunity to do some minor adjustments at the end of a cycle.  I don’t really see that happening though.

Point System:

Points are known as “Sparks” in this game. The player with the most Sparks after 3 Game Cycles will get an Award for having the most Sparks.

• Win the game as an alive innocent: 10 sparks
  • Win the game as an alive innocent with 1 other alive innocent: 11 sparks
  • Win the game as a werewolf: 12 sparks

There are other means of getting points within the game.

As a note, you can still get other non-sparks award, like winning 3 games in a roll and such.

Deathless:

When players die, they can send a private message to Bed about who they think will win the game; the wolf or the innocents. If the side that was chosen wins the game, the dead player will be awarded sparks.

• If you choose innocents will win, and they win, you get 5 bonus sparks
  • If you choose wolf will win, and they win, you get 8 bonus sparks

Once a dead player sends this message, they can continue to post in the game thread and reveal any info. You won't be able to vote or use your role/item powers when dead unless otherwise stated.

Items & Inventory

Bed will send out presents to Players at the beginning of the first game. He won’t do something like this at the beginning of the 2nd, 3rd games cycles. Each item received has at least one special power. Each player has an inventory space of 2 items. Items received initially are not intended to show alignment in any way.

Items will not be reset after each Game Cycle. For example, you may get a different role at the beginning of Cycle 2, but your item from Game Cycle 1 continues to be with you.  

End of Day/Night:

Day and Night will end 9:00pm PST each day. There won't be a pause between cycles, and it will be continuous.

After everyone posts, I will send out presents, and the game will start. For now, ask me questions if you have any. Night 1 Ends Sunday Night 9:00pm PST.

Edited by Bed

I sent out presents to everyone. Everyone should have an item now. Hope you like them.

I haven't seen NPM, Traj, thezodiac but they should be here at least by Sunday Night.

With that, voting can start.

12 hours ago, Neopetsmom said:

This is very interesting concept and I am looking forward to it.  Is voting required?

Yes, voting is required.

You can vote for "nobody" if you like.

Edited by Bed

You think I'm evil because I want to know the rule?  I plan to vote for someone.  This is not a typical game.  But, I still want to understand the rules.  You are being rash.

My intent, given lack of info, was to vote for whoever I felt was most inactive.  I don't want to just counter vote you, but I also don't want to die because you are voting for me for no good reason.

Edited by Neopetsmom

7 hours ago, thezodiac said:

Checking in. We have two chances to execute correctly. Statistically that's a 50% chance of getting it right randomly. 

Vote: NPM

We also have the option of voting nobody twice and gaining a second night of results and posts to analyze.

The only bad idea would be to vote nobody once and execute once.

I'd also like to point out that as per rules, a single innocent cannot win 10 points because the wolf wins when there is only one innocent. Unless there's a vigi I guess, but that would assume that the wolf win con is actually calculated at the start of the day/night.

Edited by Blacjak

1 hour ago, Blacjak said:

We also have the option of voting nobody twice and gaining a second night of results and posts to analyze.

To clarify, this can be true if all 5 players vote: nobody. Otherwise, the "player" with the most votes still gets executed. ("nobody" is not a player)

Edited by Bed

3 hours ago, Neopetsmom said:

You think I'm evil because I want to know the rule?  I plan to vote for someone.  This is not a typical game.  But, I still want to understand the rules.  You are being rash.

My intent, given lack of info, was to vote for whoever I felt was most inactive.  I don't want to just counter vote you, but I also don't want to die because you are voting for me for no good reason.

No... I never said that. In fact, I never said I thought you were evil at all... my vote was random.

But you're reaction is interesting Neo. You stated I was being rash, but you're response was in fact rash and seems a little over the top. 

My vote stays for now.

@Blacjak the problem with that approach is that on Day 3, the three remaining players will have to vote. The 2 remaining innocents will have the same 50/50 chance of being right but they can't be wrong once like we can voting today. There's also the manipulation factor where the wolf could manipulate one of the innocents to join them on a vote. That's something thats not so much of a concern today. And I don't think we have any other innocents this game than plains.. no investigations to conduct. Game is too small. Also... The wolf could make a late late vote Day 2 and win. My preference is to execute today....

Edited by thezodiac

Well, I guess it is because of your long history of thinking I'm evil when I'm not so since you gave no reason for your vote, not even to say it was random, I assume it was part of that long history of yours which has often not served you well.  I also don't see how you can think I'm rash when I haven't voted yet (I do plan to vote but didn't want to do so precipitously).

So in case I forget to vote later tonight...

Vote: Traj

...because has not shown up and it's mostly random. I don't have hunches on anyone, but is also willing to change my vote if new information arises.

Day 1 Results:
Blacjak, NPM, Traj did not vote. Traj did not post.

Votes Results:
NPM: thezodiac
Traj: Zilary

Randomizing between NPM and Traj.

Traj is executed. Traj is a werewolf. Game 1 ends here.

Blacjak, NPM, Zilary, thezodiac each got 10 sparks for winning as innocents.

All players will now lose their roles and get new ones. (Items are kept)

Game 2 begins.
Edited by Bed

Thank goodness.  I was planning to vote but I was doing some work (office work at home) and got immersed in it and missed the deadline.  Ironically my plan had originally been to vote for whoever was least active and that would have been Traj.  Thank goodness for you, ZIlary.

Well that was exciting 😄...

For what it's worth Neo, had I got on later last night I'd have changed my vote. As once you got talking more, I start thinking you were less likely to be evil...

Random vote:

Vote: Traj

Two games in a row evil?.. it's possible

Hm, seems like a very low activity game, so far...

Randomizer chose...

Vote: NPM

Is she nice...? Maybe a little TOO nice...? Execution roulette will tell!

Also, is anyone interested in an item? If so, I can give you one. It does good things, I promise. Hollah on thread.

OK, given we know nothing I want to vote randomly but I don't want to put a second vote on someone.  And, since Zilary voted for me I don't want to look like I am retaliating so....

by process of elimination....

Vote: Blacjak

Game 2 Day 1 Results:
Traj did not vote. Traj did not post.

Votes Results:
NPM: Zilary
Traj: thezodiac
thezodiac: blacjak
blacjak: NPM

Randomizing between NPM, Traj, thezodiac, blacjak

blacjak is executed. blacjak is an Innocent

Game 2 Night 1 Results:
Zilary is killed by a werewolf. Zilary is Innocent

Note: Zilary & Blacjak, both of you can continue posting in thread like normal if you send me a PM on which side you think will win this game. You will receive sparks if you are correct as well.
Edited by Bed

Well, given that Traj didn't vote or post I am thinking he is inactive and isn't likely to have killed Zilary.  Zodiac has posted, however. So, the logical vote is:

Vote: Zodiac

Well Neo it's only me and you left as Traj is inactive so clearly you're the wolf... 

Vote: Neo

Might aswel end the day early as Traj clearly won't be back.

Randomizer more active this game than I've ever seen.

Traj got replaced with Inu due to not voting/posting. I forwarded Traj's role to Inu. Welcome to the game Inu.

Edited by Bed

*Throws a smoke grenade, appears mysteriously wearing a ninja outfit. Hides Trajectory's unconscious body while coughing on the smoke.* :ph34r:

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along...

I'm inclined to vote with Zodiac. Vote: NeopetsMom