Sign in to follow this  
Bed

Werewolf: Year's End Game Thread

Not really sure I understand the reasoning there.  Now, I don't have anything specific on Zodiac except knowing it isn't me and thinking it wasn't Traj since he was inactive.  I suspect Zodiac actually has a role however and if innocent isn't a PI.  In game 1, Zodiac seemed to be a PI since he thought that all innocents were PIs.  He made the comment that there were probably no investigative roles given the small size of the game.  I think that is correct.  In fact, I suspect that there are 2 PIs and 2 innocents with roles that don't involve investigative and have to do with the presents.

In game 1, I was the returner and could exchange an item for one in Bed's bag.  We each had 1 item at the start of the game.  Based upon Zilary's post in this game I think she could hand out items (well, at least one item). So that would be 2 "power" roles.  The Returner who could exchange an item and possibly a Giver (Zilary) in this game.  Then 2 PIs.  

If course from your standpoint I can understand that if you are innocent then you might be uncertain between Zodiac and I.  But, I think you can have some idea from your own role.

In this game, I suspect Blacjak was a PI.  I think if he had a role he might have said something other than simply making a random vote.  I could be wrong, but that is the guess.  In this game, I am a PI.  So, that leaves you and Zodiac.  If you have an innocent role then that would make sense and that would leave Zodiac to be have the evil role.  If you are an innocent PI then maybe Blacjak did have an innocent role and I think it is harder for you to make an inference as between Zodiac and I. 

The only thing I have to go off of is the public behavior of the two of you, and yours yesterday left me leaning towards you being the wolf. This latest post is in keeping with your behavior when you're about to be executed on uncertain terms when you just happen to be a wolf, so while I'm not confident in my vote, I'm not convinced to change it either.

My power also has to do with presents. I can swap with someone. Since this cycle will end before the night phase, I won't get to use it. Unfortunately, the analysis you've just made, while correct, only covers 2 possibilities out of 4 obvious ones (if we eliminate the possibility of Bed changing things up). Each of the two possibilities you claim with you having the PI role could equally apply to Zodiac having whichever I don't have. I know you well enough to know you thought of that fact and intentionally didn't mention it because you hoped to make me "think past the sale" of your asserted innocence. That doesn't tell me anything, though, because you do the same as an innocent. Still, the vibe I'm getting from you is more lupine than innocent.

Game 2 Day 2 Results:

Votes Results:
NPM: thezodiac, InuyashaOhki
thezodiac: NPM

NPM is executed. NPM is a werewolf.

thezodiac and Inuyasha won as Innocents. They each get 11 sparks.

New roles are sent out.

Game 3 begins

Ah, well.  I did the best I could.  With Traj being inactive, it took some of the suspense out since it really had to be me or Zodiac so there was no chance of Zodiac getting it wrong.  Placeholder vote just to vote for someone but not putting a second vote on anyone since it isn't based on anything. 

Vote: Blacjak

Okay let's spice up the last game a little... I have an Elsa Doll that allows me to disable a player for one night. I've had it since the first game 😄... and this game I've been given the one time ability to scramble a list of a player. So I'll disable one player tonight and scramble the list of another... and see what happens 😎... 

As it stands, I think Zodiac has won overall with 21 sparks already plus whatever he gets this round. At best I can beat him by 1 spark if he dies and I'm one of the last 2 innocents standing this round (giving me 2x 11 spark rounds for 22 sparks total). Unless you've won sparks behind the scenes, everyone else has 10 sparks so the only one who can beat him other than me is the wolf (12 sparks), which I suspect based on posts so far is someone who hasn't spoken up yet. What he offers tonight is too good to kill him day 1, and day 2 we can't spare the vote unless he's looking like a wolf.

On the off chance that something happens to me tonight before voting time, I'll go ahead and vote for Zilary as the other I have no info on yet. I should be back to change it if need be, but the fan is being hit by something unmentionable right now.

Vote: Zilary

Sorry for my absence, guys. Rogue One came out this weekend and I was just unable to do anything other than work. 

As an aside, I see I was a werewolf last time, or something? Total news to me. 😳

18 minutes ago, Trajectory said:

Sorry for my absence, guys. Rogue One came out this weekend and I was just unable to do anything other than work. 

As an aside, I see I was a werewolf last time, or something? Total news to me. 😳

Yeah, we missed you. You got removed from the game and Inu is playing now. 

Oops...almost forgot I got "resurrected" again for this cycle of the game.

I know I'm not the werewolf...surprisingly my roles have gotten more and more, should I say, plain as the cycles went on. Should've used my powers when I could.

Vote: Blacjak

To tie it up so I have less of a chance of dying.

Also, I still have my one item that does good things if anyone wants it!

Game 3 Day 1 Results:

blacjak did not post and vote

Votes Results:
Zilary: thezodiac, Inu
blacjak: NPM, Zilary

Zilary is executed. Zilary is Innocent.

Game 3 Night 1 Results:

Inu is killed by a werewolf. Inu is Innocent.

Game 3 Day 2 begins

~OooooOOoooo~

*The ghost of Inu haunts Zodiac, then posts in accordance with the Deathless rules.*

I think you can call tonight a foregone conclusion. Everyone is strategically forced to vote for Zodiac.

1. If he lives and is the wolf, he will have an insurmountable 33 sparks to NPM and Blac's 10 (or 18 if Blac guessed the outcome correctly after dying in game 2)
  2. If he lives and is not the wolf, and the wolf dies, he will have an insurmountable 32 sparks to the surviving non-wolf's 21 sparks (or 29 if it's Blac and he guessed the outcome correctly after dying in game 2.)
  3. If he dies and is the wolf, he will have 21 sparks, NPM will have 21 sparks, and Blac will have 21 sparks (or 29 sparks if Blac guessed the outcome correctly after dying in game 2).
  4. If he dies and is not the wolf, the wolf will win with 22 sparks.

There is no scenario in which NPM or Blac wins in spark count where they fail to execute Zodiac tonight. The only possibility that this is incorrect is if NPM or Blac earned super secret sparks some other way that isn't known publicly. They can add those super secret sparks to the totals here and see if it works out, but I get the strong impression that no super secret sparks have been awarded.

~OooooOOoooo~

Okay I never sent in any lists last night 😖😖... 

Blacjak not voting last night even tho he logged on a few hours before execution is making me lean towards him not being the wolf.

Vote: NPM

EDIT: Inu is putting a lot of emphasis on winning the sparks. But that's only an aside... the object of the games is still to defeat the opposing team. If you are innocent you should vote for who you think the wolf is. And sparks arnt the only reward this game as specified by Bed.

Edited by thezodiac

6 hours ago, thezodiac said:

EDIT: Inu is putting a lot of emphasis on winning the sparks. But that's only an aside... the object of the games is still to defeat the opposing team. If you are innocent you should vote for who you think the wolf is. And sparks arnt the only reward this game as specified by Bed.

It's specifically a set of 3 games. You're arguing for treating it as 3 separate games...which conveniently would give you the overall win if anyone listened to you.

EDIT: Actually, the argument itself, along with the convenient "oops, forgot the lists I could easily have submitted while telling you I was submitting them" is very wolflike anyway. I think it's a safe bet when they execute you, they'll be executing the wolf.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

1 hour ago, InuyashaOhki said:

It's specifically a set of 3 games. You're arguing for treating it as 3 separate games...which conveniently would give you the overall win if anyone listened to you.

EDIT: Actually, the argument itself, along with the convenient "oops, forgot the lists I could easily have submitted while telling you I was submitting them" is very wolflike anyway. I think it's a safe bet when they execute you, they'll be executing the wolf.

Actually they won't. I'm fairly confident it's NPM at this stage anyway. If Blacjak was the wolf he'd contribute more and would have voted I feel.

And what's the point of all this wolf hunting if executing team mates is a better option for personal triumph? It takes away from the point of WW!! I personally don't care about the sparks... I'd rather see the other remaining innocent vote for who they think the wolf is than vote for who they will beat on the spark count!! If that happens to be both then fine.

Or am I missing the point of this game and highest spark count wins is the only objective?

Game 3 Day 2 Results:

blacjak did not post and vote, or did he?

Votes Results:
NPM: thezodiac
thezodiac: NPM, latejak

Randomized, and ninja'd blacjak vote results: thezodiac

thezodiac is executed. thezodiac is Innocent.

NPM the werewolf won and is awarded 12 sparks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This concludes Werewolf: Year's End. 

The player with the most sparks:

Neopetsmom
*10 sparks from winning as innocent in the 1st game
*12 sparks from winning as werewolf in the 3rd game
Total: 22 sparks

thezodiac
*11 sparks from winning as innocent in the 2nd game
total: 21 sparks

InuYashaOhki
*11 sparks from winning as innocent in the 2nd game
total: 11 sparks

Zilary
*1 spark from an item. 
total: 11 sparks

blacjak
total: 10 sparks

Most Sparks Award goes to:
Neopetsmom. Good job. 

MVP Award goes to:
thezodiac. The most active player

First Blood Award goes to:
Zilary. Reason why Trajectory, the werewolf died first game. 

Awesome person Award goes to:
Inu. Ninja replacement skills, almost saved my game.

Honorable Mention Award goes to:
Blacjak. Active the first game and ninja'd in a vote the same time I posted this post. 

Thank you for playing, especially during these busy times, and I wish everyone the best for this end-of-year festivities. 
Also, I want to apologize for any frustration since the game was underwater the entire time. Perhaps the set-up wasn't engaging enough or it turned out to be confusing. But I was surprised. Everyone played along anyways and was nice. So I'd like to end this game on that note. :)

Edited by Bed