Sign in to follow this  
Exiled Phoenix

Werewolf: The Return Signups

Greetings. 

This is the sign-ups for a Werewolf game, hosted by me. Sign-ups will return until noon on Monday the 1st, with the game starting sometime later that night or Tuesday morning. First night will end Wednesday the 4th at 8pm EST. Days will then continue to end at 8pm EST for the next several days, until someone wins. 

This game will be fairly straightforward in terms of mechanics; no rooms or stores or movement. People will have powers, which will be a menagerie of effects and requirements. 

Rules of Note:

1. No PMs. There will be exceptions, which will be specifically noted in your role. 

2. Votes for nobody are allowed.

3. One day without a vote or power usage results in a warning; two days results in a modkill. If modkilled you will not be replaced, but your powers may be redistributed. Warnings will be posted publicly. 

4. Execution is by plurality. 

I'm sure I forgot some, so if there are questions drop them here and I will answer. 

Currently Enrolled Players: 

1. Blacjack

2. NPM

3. Shattered

4. thezodiac

5. TheZilary

6. Sinical 

7. RocktheFox

8. TheLastStarMaker

Standby/Replacement

1. Inu

Edited by Exiled Phoenix

If anyone knows someone who might want to play, let them know.  This is a tough time of year for signups and people may not even know about the game.

I have no clue why the game is still continuing... Only conclusion I can come to is that both remaining players are evil. But what is NPM's win condition??

Oh, huh. Usually, when it's a WW left and an innocent left, the WW wins. But I'm guessing whoever is not the WW has killing power?

Role List: 

1. Blacjack: Bodyguard

2. NPM: Hunter
3. Shattered: Heir
4. Thezodiac: Queen
5. Zilary: Survivalist
6. Sinical: Small Town Mayor 
7. RocktheFox: King
8. TheLastStarMaker: Mystic

Role Descriptions: 

King Werewolf

Congrats, you are the King Werewolf, putting you in charge of the Werewolf team. Your teammates are: X and X, and a PM will be started for the three of you by the game host. 
Powers: 
1. Every night send me a list of 5 players. The first legal target on the list will be attacked, and, if you are successful, they will die. 
2. Until your team is dead, you have a 50% chance of having any successful attack on you redirecting to one of your teammates.
3. If you die, the nightly kill power will pass to the Queen, then to the Heir. 

Queen Werewolf

Congrats, you are the Queen Werewolf, putting you as second-in-command of the Werewolf team. Your teammates are: X and X, and a PM will be started for the three of you by the game host. 
Powers:
1. If the King dies, you inherit his powers before the Heir. 

Werewolf Heir

You are the smallest wolf, but with great potential. Your teammates are X and X. A PM will be created for the three of you by the game host. 

Powers: 
1. The first time you are meant to die, you will live. 
2. If the King and Queen die, you inherit the nightly kill list. 
3. Once during the game you can revive one person who is not a member of your team. This power will be executed immediately upon MC receipt of power use. If you die     without using this power, it will revive one dead person chosen at random (including you as an option). 

Hunter

You are a hunter of small and large furry things, including wolves and other beasts. As such, you have extensive experience with traps. You are a member of the innocent team. 
Power:
1. You build a trap for a specific person. Every night PM the host a list of 5 players; the first legal target on that list will be trapped for the duration of the night, unable to use powers or be targeted by other roles. You may not trap the same player twice in a role (they do learn eventually). 

Host Errata (after question): Hunter can target self. 

Survivalist

You like to live off the land. You are, however, not a big fan of werewolves and other such supernatural things. You are a member of the innocent team.

Powers: 
1. Once during the game, you may use your smuggled gun to shoot one person. That person will be shot at immediately upon MC receipt of the power use. If that person is not a legal target, you will retain this ability. 

Mystic

You’re mystical, and are very good at determining if someone is infected by a wolf spirit. You are part of the innocent team.

Powers: 
1. Every night send me a list of 5 people. You will determine the wolf status of the first legal target on the list. 

Bodyguard

You are the Bodyguard. You are a member of the innocent team. 

Powers: 
1. The first time you are supposed to die, you have a 50% chance of living (Metal shield)
2. Every night, send me a list of five people. The first legal target on that list will be protected by you, with any powers that target them being redirected to you.

MC Note: Can collect unused innocent powers - 
25% - Dreamer
33% - Survivalist
33% - Hunter
75% - STM

Small Town Mayor

You are the mayor of a small town out in the boonies. You are innocent. 

Powers: 
1. Once during the game, you can choose a player during the day. Their vote will count double for that day’s execution. You can choose yourself. 
2. You’re very good at finding out what people don’t want you to know. Once during the game you may have the MC reveal, on the game thread, whether or not someone was targeted in the previous night.

MC Log:

1/14: Roles Assigned
Final Role List: King, Queen, Heir, Hunter, Survivalist, Mystic, Bodyguard, Small Town Mayor
1. Blacjack: Bodyguard
2. NPM: Hunter
3. Shattered: Heir
4. Thezodiac: Queen
5. Zilary: Survivalist
6. Sinical: Small Town Mayor 
7. RocktheFox: King
8. TheLastStarMaker: Mystic
Random Roll: 
7 - King
4 - Queen
3 - Heir
2 - Hunter
5 - Survivalist
8 - Mystic
1 - Bodyguard
6 - STM

1/16
Nobody is executed.
Sinical is trapped.
Zilary is mauled (Survivalist)
Thezodiac is dreamed (Wolf)

1/17
Blacjack is executed - Survives due to 50/50 chance (roll: 4) 
Blacjack bodyguard’s NPM, redirecting the trapping
Blacjack is trapped
Sinical is mauled (SMT)
Powers pass to Bodyguard (roll: 29)
RocktheFox is dreamed (Wolf)

1/18
Zilary is revived. 
Zilary shoots RocktheFox - no redirect (roll: 25). King wolf dies. 

Thezodiac is executed; Queen Wolf
Blacjack is trapped
TheLastStarMaker is mauled; Mystic

1/19
Blacjack is executed - Bodyguard
NPM is trapped
Zilary is mauled - Survivalist 

1/20
Roll for execute; Shattered below 50, NPM above. Roll: 39
Rift is trapped.

1/20 v2
Roll for execute; Shattered below 50, NPM above. Roll: 18
Shattered is executed: Wolf Heir.

Innocents win.

So I was mildly worried the wolves were going to be too strong this game, but it ended up working out. Blacjack inherited the ability to double his vote, so if he had used that/voted, innocents could have won more cleanly. If Shattered hadn't revived the vigilante, it would have taken two days to kill the wolves instead of one, and they probably would have won off of that. Overall, I guess things worked out ok. I would probably split off the Heir into a OMT if I had to balance again (yeah, I've never balanced a game for less than 20 people, first world problems), but I was hesitant to make a OMT with either a kill, or something like a bomb plant win condition in a game with so few people. I figured the plethora of solid innocent powers + the bodyguard inherit to be enough to balance it out. The dreamer hitting two wolves in a row helped too. 

It would have stalemated without the execute tiebreaker though, since order would have gone tie execute -> Shattered trapped (no kill) -> tie -> NPM trapped (no target), repeat. The dice fell the way they fell though. 

This was an interesting game and I liked it a lot.  I think the idea of giving Rift a rez that could only be used on someone not on his team was really good.  It gave him an opportunity to clear himself which I think helped when we were down to the day that he and Zilary voted for Blacjak.  It was unfortunate Blacjak didn't get on that day to vote but that assume he would have voted for Rift.  

I have had games end this way on a coin flip.  I know for some it feels dissatisfying.  I have lately but in a rule that in the event there are less than 3 players alive that there will not be a coin flip on execution.  That does lead to the possiblity of a true stalemate as  would have happened here.  I have had that happen a couple of times.

On the balance of the game.  I think that without Star's dreaming Zodiac and Rock on the first 2 days this might have been a real problem with a 3 player wolf team.  I would probably be more inclined to either make Rift an OMT (with limited kiss or something) or maybe made him an unknown heir.  That is the wolves might know there was an heir out there but not known who it was and maybe even let them potentially kill the heir if they attacked him.  

But, as it turns out it did work out.  I think it is hard to do sub-10 player games.  I think they do go better if everyone has a role and stuff to do so I like the general approach you had with this game.

4 minutes ago, Neopetsmom said:

I think that without Star's dreaming Zodiac and Rock on the first 2 days this might have been a real problem with a 3 player wolf team.

And me hitting zodiac was just the stars aligning. (heh)
I had Blac at the top of the Night before I died, and I'm honestly not sure what I would have done if he flipped inno.

Thanks for running the game, Exiled! I always appreciate a no-PM game.