2. NPM

3. Shattered

4. thezodiac Queen Werewolf

5. Zilary  Survivalist - BACK FROM THE GRAVE

6. Sinical  Small Town Mayor

7. RocktheFox King Werewolf

8. TheLastStarMaker Mystic

Rules:

1. No PMs. There will be exceptions, which will be specifically noted in your role. 

2. Votes for nobody are allowed.

3. One day without a vote or power usage results in a warning; two days results in a modkill. If modkilled you will not be replaced, but your powers may be redistributed. Warnings will be posted publicly. 

4. Execution is by plurality. 

5. No plain innocents (8 person game, would you really expect there to be PIs?)

Roles/plot are out soon. First night ends on Monday the 16th at 8pm EST.  

Edited by Exiled Phoenix

Eight players, no PMs... hmm...

Just remember guys, we're on a two Day clock assuming two baddies. We can only afford one mistake.

Prologue

“Now, as you can see, the structure of these often do not make sense. What reason would there be for some powerful entity to show up, offer to cleanse a population of supernatural threats, and then let them vote on who to kill? If they really wanted to remove these threats, they would certainly be capable of doing so themselves, unless there was some sort of restriction or rule put in place, possibly by a more powerful entity. Yes, you in the back?”

“Maybe we’re just screwing with you. Maybe we just change half, or three quarters, or all, of you to something else, then see what happens when you fight it out.” 

“But why do that?”

“For fun. You’ve got around 48 hours or so to decide who to kill, and honestly, I don’t really care who it is. And yes, the doors are locked.”

Day 1 Ends Monday the 16th at 8pm EST. 

Votes:

Sinical (1): Blacjack

Currently Sinical would be executed. 

Assuming 2 evil. (Probably a safe assumption)

Options are.

A: Execution both day 1+2 and hope one lands. (54% success rate on random)

B: Nobody day one, execute day 2 and if there's no daykill an execute on day 3 as well. (29% and 69% respectively)

If there's no daykill then B is clearly the better option, if evil team does have one, then A is vastly superior. 

Looking at both the strength of my role and the size of the game, I'd say it's unlikely there's any method of killing outside of standard nightkill and as such, a no execution would be best approach. 

vote: nobody

For the moment... I'll

Vote: Nobody

I would be surprised if there was an evil player with a daykill.  I think it is possible there is a vigi innocent with a daykill.  

Checking in.

I agree with the smaller number of players that we should not waste our executions, but I'm also willing to speculate after Night 1...

For now. Will likely change closer to execution.

20 hours ago, Sinical said:

Assuming 2 evil. (Probably a safe assumption)

Options are.

A: Execution both day 1+2 and hope one lands. (54% success rate on random)

B: Nobody day one, execute day 2 and if there's no daykill an execute on day 3 as well. (29% and 69% respectively)

If there's no daykill then B is clearly the better option, if evil team does have one, then A is vastly superior. 

Looking at both the strength of my role and the size of the game, I'd say it's unlikely there's any method of killing outside of standard nightkill and as such, a no execution would be best approach. 

vote: nobody

Being a maths and logic man, Its hard to argue with the higher percentage approach. We just lose out on any potential analysis Day 2 if we vote nobody...

Dang, here and have my role. Really almost forgot. ...will probably make a note to myself on my phone or something...maybe my monitor. Zero chance of missing that, ha!

I really hope there aren't any daykills unless they're circumstantial. In a game this small, what amounts to a straight-up auto-kill seems really strong for either team, and stronger as the game goes on. What I'd really appreciate is a no-PM game without even a traditional dreamer role. That'd really force us to analyze posts. If I remember correctly, I ran one back in the day with several different "cop" roles who all had their dreams twisted in some way I think.

I think it's beneficial to wait for now. If we've got a protector of some sort maybe they'll get a successful block and give us even more time.

Vote: RocktheFox

I agree with the logic of shifting the player divisibility, but as per usual I'm annoyed that this will be a typical bandwagon Day 1 with no meaningful discussion. Or maybe I'm misjudging the set-up and everyone else's roles shouldn't be shared/speculated from either. My vote isn't anti-RocktheFox so much as it is putting a second name down besides Sinical's. (Shouldn't matter, but it's the only way to vent frustration right now.)

Votes:

RocktheFox (1): Shattered Rift

Nobody (6): Sinical, NPM, Rockthefox, Zilary, thezodiac, TheLastStarMaker

Currently nobody would be executed. 

Reminder that Day 1 ends in 24 hours. Congratulations on everyone voting. 

I am happy to discuss but there isn't much to discuss right now.  I don't see benefit for innocents in public role claims.  We know there are no PIs.  With the number of players I expect 2 evil players.  I did a 7 player game once with no PIs and 2 evil players but they didn't know the identity of each other starting out.  With 8 I would be more likely I think that they know each other.

Never played in a game where Exiled Phoenix is MC so don't know his style or what roles he favors or disfavors.  Does anyone else know?

8 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

Vote: RocktheFox

I agree with the logic of shifting the player divisibility, but as per usual I'm annoyed that this will be a typical bandwagon Day 1 with no meaningful discussion. Or maybe I'm misjudging the set-up and everyone else's roles shouldn't be shared/speculated from either. My vote isn't anti-RocktheFox so much as it is putting a second name down besides Sinical's. (Shouldn't matter, but it's the only way to vent frustration right now.)

This is the issue I'm having. It just always feel wrong to me to not vote for someone Day 1. I'm more understanding of the nobody vote in bigger games on Day 1 because it does give a chance for investigative roles to discover things during the night to analyse the following day... But in this small a game we don't have the luxury of time. We need to pressure people...

I might very well vote when I get back on later...

But we have the same amount of executions by voting nobody. We just have less targets to choose from for each and every execution. We're not wasting any executions or time.

Yes well my main point is we are denied analysis... So I guess we just have to ask which is more productive: post and vote analysis or night one results??

We are not denied analysis.

We lose the first day, but gain an extra days worth.

If we execute today it's a pure guess and we have some analysis for a must get right execution tomorrow.

If we don't execute today, we get a night result, a probably guess on execution tomorrow short of night results and then analysis for the must get right execution day three.

It's the same situation regardless except we get one more night result and all executions have better odds due to less people. There really is absolutely zero reason to execute today unless you do believe there is a daykill.

Votes:

Currently nobody would be executed. 

This is a reminder than Day 1 ends at 8pm EST, which is in 6.5 hours. At this point, everyone has voted/posted, thus anyone with a night list who does not send one will be assumed to be doing so as an intentional strategy (aka: I'm not going to poke you about it). 

11 hours ago, thezodiac said:

Yes well my main point is we are denied analysis... So I guess we just have to ask which is more productive: post and vote analysis or night one results??

We're trading off analysis today (and thus losing input from whoever is nightkilled) for better execution odds for our two executions. We also sacrifice some odds with powers, but the extra Day gained is more valuable there as well. It's objectively the right call to make, but it's irritating that (at this point) only one or two players have really posted enough to make any kind of read on.

Right someone here is a dreamer and someone is also a watcher and my suspicions fall on to one player which i believe is both.

Votes:

Votes locked. Night processing.

“Huh. Looks like you picked nobody. Good work. The lights should be conveniently going out right around now…there they go.”

“That hurts. Very much so.”

“I’d think it would. Since you're dead. What is that though? You brought a gun here? Didn’t you see the gun-free zone sign? How rude.”

Zilary has been clawed to death. He was carrying a gun with a single bullet. 

Well that's just great -_-.

Vote: Blacjak

Laying low and not saying much. Thats on a par with how he plays when evil. He's usually more vocal and active when he has an innocent role.