Sign in to follow this  
Code

Role-Playing Interest Check

Mainly, I'm making this thread to see if there is anyone who is active that wants to participate in one.  But I suppose this can also be transformed later into the official Interest Check thread for anyone else in the position I'm in.  Things to include:

• Role-play Theme - is this RP based on a show or a video game?  If so, list it here.  If not, just put original, or whatever you think suits it best.  I.E.  An original RP based around super-heroes can just be titled "Super-heroes" or whatever.
  • Story or Stat based - inform the interested parties whether the RP is story driven or features stat-based combat.
  • Brief summary - self-explanatory.  Something short and sweet to entice the reader, but nothing that will give anything away if they are interested.
  • Party size - how many members (including yourself) are you looking to run this RP with?

My first RP I'll be hosting is as follows:

• Digimon Role-Play.  But not based from any season of the television show.
  • Story driven.  Maybe will feature a stat-based battle system later, if I have the time to run something like that outside of my schedule.
  • Digimon Online Reboot - As the title implies, this will be a story revolving around the old Digimon World Online plot that me and Soon ran on the X-Evolution boards a lifetime ago.  The plot is going to center around a group of staff members trying to control a viral outbreak that threatens to quarantine the players in the game indefinitely.  May feature influences from DWO but is by no means going to be a carbon-copy.
  • I'm looking for about 3 more players to run this effectively, but no more than 6 players altogether...  heh, like that's going to happen.  xD

You can count me in. :) I haven't roleplayed with you in a while, and I cannot wait for it to start! I hope my writing skills haven't gotten rusty...

I've role-played a lot in the old sparkbomb, mostly for fun and improving my writing skills. In the role-plays, I would have other people give me pointers and show me errors in my grammar which I find very valuable. It'd be nice if we can keep doing that sort of thing. 

I won't roleplay in anything incredibly technical. I know many of us here are very passionate about a series or game but I have no idea what everyone is talking about when people go deep. It'd be just me roleplaying and asking questions as a character... I've been in some pokemon roleplay... my little pony... and that was fine but the roleplay was based on the game instead of something like... a story. There was a lot of things that had to do with game mechanics that I didn't get into... as long as the host gives appropriate rules and a proper foundation, I'll go with it. 

Rex is currently working on a RWBY role play. I'm sure he'll be through at some point to provide some information (as we're still looking for a fourth and perhaps beyond).

I'd like to get a Sparkbomb Mansion role play going at some point, but I'm still not certain when that will be. SparkWiki has somehow been the second biggest hassle in updating the site. (I'm taking a break to make some posts and clear my head before I go to sleep... going to have fun rerouting my course on that project in the morning. Spoiler: SparkWiki's still having big problems.) A Mansionverse role play might be poised to happen as soon as I get a detailed description of the Mansionverse up on SparkWiki... or I might want to wait until two or three Mansionverse episodes have been published. Not sure yet.

Out of curiosity, was anyone following my Sparkbomb/Yu-Gi-Oh! role play with Nebiros? I'd kind of like a relaxed post-whenever-I-have-spare-time role play, but I also don't want anyone to think I'm neglecting other role plays, especially if she and I are the only two who get a kick out of our old-school insanity.

Wonder if I should try to bring a new era of Yu-Gi-Oh! role playing to Sparkbomb...

I've also been wanting to have a Sparkbomb Mansion "role play" of sorts. I feel like it would be best as a just a very light even borderline spammish thread where we can just post stuff/talk as our Mansionverse characters (I know you'll hate the comparison, but similar to the old insanity lounge at IDB). I want a place where I can post stuff like

*munches on a banana*

and talk about racing bunnies down the mansion hallways

A mansion-based RP could also serve as a revived database for what the Mansionverse characters look like.  I'm all for it.

I've also been wanting to have a Sparkbomb Mansion "role play" of sorts. I feel like it would be best as a just a very light even borderline spammish thread where we can just post stuff/talk as our Mansionverse characters (I know you'll hate the comparison, but similar to the old insanity lounge at IDB). I want a place where I can post stuff like

*munches on a banana*

I don't think I ever set foot in the Insanity Lounge... I would probably want to do two Mansionverse role plays if we're going to allow a spammish version. So one spammish version in Random Chat and one semi-serious one in the Role Playing forum (provided enough role plays start happening to justify a Role Playing forum).

Edit: Silly Clucky. We would race critters, not bunnies.

Just because you wanna turn all of my cute fluffy little bunnies into critters doesn't mean I'm going to let you Rift.  :)

No. I'm squarely on Team Bunny here  :)

Edited by Clucky

Seriously Clucky?  Racing bunnies down hallways?  That's stupid.  Why would you race bunnies when you can have bunny show jumping?

A couple of times on DBA we had what was basically a very open sort of RP set around the Asylum (at, say, Christmas time was one), with everyone RPing their self/accountdoing whatever.  No plot, just messing around.

In about two months, remind me to get a Mansion role play going. Or two. Having one freeform Mansion role play would be really cool. There's quite a bit of potential for both casual and structured ideas.

Rift, get a Mansion role play going.  Or two.

Edited by Dyl

Seriously Clucky?  Racing bunnies down hallways?  That's stupid.  Why would you race bunnies when you can have bunny show jumping?

Well I mean, obviously there would be obstacles in the hallways they have to jump over. I thought that was implied...

A couple of times on DBA we had what was basically a very open sort of RP set around the Asylum (at, say, Christmas time was one), with everyone RPing their self/accountdoing whatever.  No plot, just messing around.

In about two months, remind me to get a Mansion role play going. Or two. Having one freeform Mansion role play would be really cool. There's quite a bit of potential for both casual and structured ideas.

Rift, get a Mansion role play going.  Or two.

I plan to after I have a couple of episodes of the Mansionverse plot posted. I want to try to establish the milieu first.

Seriously Clucky?  Racing bunnies down hallways?  That's stupid.  Why would you race bunnies when you can have

?

Well I mean, obviously there would be obstacles in the hallways they have to jump over. I thought that was implied...

Obstacles like hungry critters, sounds pretty chill.

Seriously Clucky?  Racing bunnies down hallways?  That's stupid.  Why would you race bunnies when you can have

?

Obstacles like hungry critters, sounds pretty chill.

Critters eat Sparks, not cute fluffy widdle bunnies.

This has gone pretty far outside any actual discussion of upcoming RPs. Let's try to keep the discussion at least remotely close to the topic.

...indeed.

Also, I'm not sure that a Spammy RP would be all that good of an idea.  But, meh.

Rift, what would the plot of this RP be, anyways?  It's obvious that it would take place in the mansion, but in what direction would it be possible to go in?

...also, I'm still waiting for some of the hopefuls that showed interest in my DO RP.  :(

Edited by Code

...indeed.

Also, I'm not sure that a Spammy RP would be all that good of an idea.  But, meh.

Rift, what would the plot of this RP be, anyways?  It's obvious that it would take place in the mansion, but in what direction would it be possible to go in?

...also, I'm still waiting for some of the hopefuls that showed interest in my DO RP.   :(

Sorry! I've thought of my profile, I just have to actually type it out and tweak it! This week went by so fast. I'll be sure to have my profile in by tomorrow late afternoon at the latest.

I would love to have the Mansionverse roleplay. 

For a Mansionverse role play hosted by me... I'm not sure what direction I would take it in. It could be done as simply as to fill in gaps in the plot for the Mansionverse plot I'm writing, or the plot could surround a hacking or a Staff election or a paintball competition or the quest to prove the existence of Ninja Cat or... there's a lot of possibilities, really.

As always, I am interested in role plays of all shapes and sizes. 

Code: If you're OK with my time commitment being not-too-strict, I'd love to join one of your digimon role plays. It has also been aeons since I've watched the show (though I re-watched season ONE about a month ago because it was on netflix)

Shattered: Did you say Yu-Gi-Oh? -Ears perk up-

Also, if I wanted to run a more serious/dark fantasy universe setting thing, would anyone be interested? I like heavily plotted and... detailed universe sorts of deals, though I am certainly more than a little rusty by now. 

Five months dead.  Time for revival!

I'm thinking of doing a Color Gangs based RP.  Anyone interested, let me know here.  I access two or three days a week, but can access more if need be.