Sign in to follow this  
InuyashaOhki

Cardwolf Game

As mentioned in signups, this game consists of 2-day rounds (first day - use cards, second day - vote). You can read the full details in the signup thread: http://sparkbomb.com/forums/topic/400-cardwolf-signups

Due to the number of players, I am making a Rule Modification

1. You will each receive 2 role cards. This prevents you from being absolutely certain of a result since it's only 2 possible options with 3 players. No player can be both Wolf and Jester. All other cards are possible to combine (yes, including Worst Innocent).
  2. We will play exactly 3 "hands". If you are innocent, you will win 2 points for executing the Wolf and 0 points for executing someone who is not the Wolf. If you are not innocent, you will have instructions on your card.
  3. There are no dead players, but the same rule applies about not talking privately about the game.

Cards in play, Round 1:

• Jester: You win this round by being executed. Any other result is considered a loss.
  • Jailer: Pick one player to lock up in jail. That player will be unable to use their power(s) and any power(s) used on that player will fail.
  • Wolf: You win this round by not being executed. Being executed is considered a loss.
  • Dreamer: Pick one player to learn the first letter of that player's first card Role.
  • Worst Innocent: If you are not executed, you gain 1 extra point, regardless of who wins the round.
  • Disabler: Pick one player to disable any power on one of their cards.
  • Tiebreaker: Pick one player who is not yourself. In the event of a vote tie, that player's vote will break the tie.
  • Plane Innocent: You may fly one player to safety who is not yourself, skipping them in execution order.

And with that, the game has begun. I am posting this a little late at 11:25pm Central, but remember to get your power uses turned in privately by 10:00PM Central tomorrow.

Does the Wolf have a nightkill? Asking because the answer seems likely to be no, and that means Day 4 is a coin flip if we don't execute the Wolf on Day 2.

Actually, better question: do we even have a guarantee that the Wolf was distributed? And/or the Jester?

Edit: Apparently I skipped the line answering this question.

Edited by Shattered Rift

Well this is some good rps. 

I assume we're guaranteed a wolf? Meaning there's a 6/7 chance of there being a jester. This is interesting. 

I have thoughts on optimal play for all factions, but am not going to share thoughts because selfishness. I can't see any point in talking about anything today because basically it's going to be innocent vs jester vs wolf every time 

My initial thoughts are that plane innocent looks far too strong on jester and worst innocent is always good to get 

Half-roles seems like a good way to arrange a small game. There's no guarantee that there's a wolf in each "hand", right?

Anyway, today is an even number day, so it means execution. I suggest we just vote in a round for this first day, so each person ends up as one vote. I'm open to other suggestions, but I may or may not get on before the day's end.

Vote: Sinical

Today is Day 1 of the game, so it's odd. It's game day, not calendar day. Voting starts in a few minutes.

A wolf is the only guaranteed card. Everything else is randomized except Jester never being paired with Wolf.

Not sure why day 4 is a coin flip, but you are correct at there being no nightkill (all powers are listed above).

Edit: Powers were quick to process with 3 players, so on to day 2. Using your intuition amd anything you learned overnight, vote for the one you want executed. Do not vote for yourself.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

So, I'm assuming we do full role claim? 

Also this is going to need a lot of discussion so nows probably he best time to decide 

13 hours ago, Sinical said:

I assume we're guaranteed a wolf? Meaning there's a 6/7 chance of there being a jester. This is interesting. 

Uh, that depends on draw order. If Wolf is assigned first, and then the Wolf's secondary card is assigned, then the odds should be... 66.7% chance that there's a Jester. If Wolf's secondary card is assigned later, then the odds are lower.

6 hours ago, Zilary said:

Anyway, today is an even number day, so it means execution. I suggest we just vote in a round for this first day, so each person ends up as one vote. I'm open to other suggestions, but I may or may not get on before the day's end.

That's a non-optimal strategy. Once someone dies, they're dead and their cards are removed. Sinical's probably right that a full claim is the right way to go, since both Wolf and Jester have to lie. I'm still wrapping my head around the Rock-Paper-Scissors part of it, though.

8 minutes ago, InuyashaOhki said:

Not sure why day 4 is a coin flip, but you are correct at there being no nightkill (all powers are listed above).

If a non-Wolf is executed Day 1, shouldn't it be? Non-removed cards get redrawn for Day 2, and it's Innocent vs Wolf. Both Tiebreaker and Plane Innocent cards can only guarantee the user's death. Unless I'm misunderstanding and the three rounds bit means less cards will be assigned in future rounds and that point total determines end-game victory?

Points determine victory, only way to do it with alignment changes. 

So, I'll start. I'm dreamer and worst innocent. 

Hm. It is a very risky play, but from my understanding of the roles, I would say Sinical is more likely to be a Jester and would want to be executed.

I need to re-read and process this game setup a bit more.

1 hour ago, Shattered Rift said:

Uh, that depends on draw order. If Wolf is assigned first, and then the Wolf's secondary card is assigned, then the odds should be... 66.7% chance that there's a Jester. If Wolf's secondary card is assigned later, then the odds are lower.

If a non-Wolf is executed Day 1, shouldn't it be? Non-removed cards get redrawn for Day 2, and it's Innocent vs Wolf. Both Tiebreaker and Plane Innocent cards can only guarantee the user's death. Unless I'm misunderstanding and the three rounds bit means less cards will be assigned in future rounds and that point total determines end-game victory?

To the first part - I don't know if the math is right on that, but the cards are dealt independently and redealt if somethings wrong like wolf not being picked or wolf and jester being paired.

To the second, the Round ends once you execute. We only have 3 players, so you'll know who was the wolf regardless of if you execute the wolf or not. The cards will be re-dealt at that point. Think of it as playing 3 games of 1-Night Werewolf in a row and adding up the score to get a total. Day 4 is the same as Day 2 and Day 6.

Oh yeah, not calendar day. Oops.

I think I understand the game better now. We are playing 3 rounds of Ultimate Werewolf Card game...we each get two roles. All roles can match except Jester and Wolf. I do believe there's a guarantee Wolf each round, but not necessarily Jester (if my assumptions about how the card game is played is correct.) It also seems like there are going to be no kills in the night regardless because there's only 3 of us. The Wolf just has to survive.

In the real game, it was advantageous for everyone to start claiming roles and reveal what they did during the night, then try to figure out who is lying, so I think it will best in this game too.

I got Worst Innocent and Disabler. From my last night's results (disable), I was unable to disable Sinical because he was jailed. To me, that means Rift is the jailer. Maybe even Dreamer. If I'm Worst Innocent and that's what Sinical is claiming, but Rift immediately voted on Sinical after his roleclaim, then I can assume he is the other role that Sinical was claiming. Definitely a bold move, Cotton.

This is what I am speculating about Round 1:

• Jester - Probably not in this round
  • Jailer - Rift
  • Wolf - Sinical?
  • Dreamer - Rift? (I guess it could be Sinical...?)
  • Worst Innocent - Zilary
  • Disabler - Zilary
  • Tiebreaker - Sinical?
  • Plane Innocent - Probably not this round

I'm keeping my vote on Sinical.

12 hours ago, InuyashaOhki said:

To the first part - I don't know if the math is right on that, but the cards are dealt independently and redealt if somethings wrong like wolf not being picked or wolf and jester being paired.

To the second, the Round ends once you execute. We only have 3 players, so you'll know who was the wolf regardless of if you execute the wolf or not. The cards will be re-dealt at that point. Think of it as playing 3 games of 1-Night Werewolf in a row and adding up the score to get a total. Day 4 is the same as Day 2 and Day 6.

The math is different in this case, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

I'm... still confused, but this'll probably be cleared up tomorrow as well.

2 hours ago, Zilary said:

I got Worst Innocent and Disabler. From my last night's results (disable), I was unable to disable Sinical because he was jailed. To me, that means Rift is the jailer. Maybe even Dreamer. If I'm Worst Innocent and that's what Sinical is claiming, but Rift immediately voted on Sinical after his roleclaim, then I can assume he is the other role that Sinical was claiming. Definitely a bold move, Cotton.

Yeah, I'm Jailer/Dreamer today. Jailed Sinical and dreamed him as W. I'm just surprised that he lied about both cards.

12 hours ago, Zilary said:

I think I understand the game better now. We are playing 3 rounds of Ultimate Werewolf Card game...we each get two roles. All roles can match except Jester and Wolf. I do believe there's a guarantee Wolf each round, but not necessarily Jester (if my assumptions about how the card game is played is correct.) It also seems like there are going to be no kills in the night regardless because there's only 3 of us. The Wolf just has to survive.

Correct. I am very loosely basing it on One Night Werewolf.

EDIT: I don't currently have a vote from Sinical. Technically, I don't have one from Zilary either, but I'm counting the one made a little too early.

Votes:

Sinical - Zilary, Rift

Not yet voted: Sinical

Edited by InuyashaOhki

*BANG*

Sinical has been executed. He was the Jester and Dreamer. He has won for 2 points.

Zilary was the Worst Innocent and Disabler. She didn't get executed, so she gained 1 point.

Rift was the Wolf and Jailer. He didn't get executed, so he has won for 2 points.

EDIT: Round 2 cards have been dealt. You each have new roles and powers. The dealing is completely random once again, so do not assume the last round will affect the cards this round in any way.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Yeah, I was going to claim Worst Innocent, but then Zilary did (and was obviously telling the truth and not Jester), so... points for everyone~! No way to flip that without leading to my own death and netting Zilary the point.

Anyway, on to the present... to clarify, no cards have been removed from the deck?

6 minutes ago, Shattered Rift said:

Anyway, on to the present... to clarify, no cards have been removed from the deck?

Correct. With only 3 players, I can't kill off anyone, so they can't die with their cards.

Interesting that Sinical would only claim one role...

I'm Jailer and Tiebreaker. Not sure what to do with my powers until I have more evidence.

No counterclaims, makes it less likely there's a jester in play, but it's still certainly possible there is one. 

I have a good idea how this will all play out now. Thank you. 

Powers have been used, day 4 has begun. The generic background music starts playing a jazz rendition of the Macarena.