Blacjak

[Sparkbomb All-Stars 2017] Ultimate Shounen Tournament: The Next Legendary Fighter- Battle of the Gods/ Clash of Destiny (Signups/Graveyard)

My only criticism would be that it wasn't clear if it was 4v4 or uniformed majority vs informed minority. A tournament implies the former, and by the time I realised otherwise it was probably too late. I figured rift was evil and kept trying to fight him but excessive alcohol made that harder than it should have been.

Then my phone broke which was my only real way of getting online, so I gave up.

I was under the impression that it was a 4v4 game, a game of Overworld vs. Underworld. And the goal was to figure out your teammates and help them win the tournament.

I did not feel it was made clear that it was a majority vs. minority game.  Because if I did, I would have made it very clear to everyone in the thread that we needed to defeat Rift.

On that note, would the game have ended had all of the baddies been defeated? Or would the tournament format have caused it to continue?

11 hours ago, Red said:

I was under the impression that it was a 4v4 game, a game of Overworld vs. Underworld. And the goal was to figure out your teammates and help them win the tournament.

I did not feel it was made clear that it was a majority vs. minority game.  Because if I did, I would have made it very clear to everyone in the thread that we needed to defeat Rift.

I can understand how other people could have misunderstood that. You, however, had an alignment dream and your heir power specifically said you heired the first "innocent" to die. Not sure how you could possibly conclude the game was not an innocent vs baddie format based on that.

7 hours ago, Sinical said:

I would really like host feedback on this as it appears I'm not alone

I do admit that the rules wording could be interpreted to indicate equal team numbers. That being said, with sufficient behind-the-scenes communication (or hell, in thread too, although I seem to be the only person who likes to do that), it should have been not hard to determine that there were way more Overworld people than anything else, which would point to a innocent vs baddie format.

5 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

On that note, would the game have ended had all of the baddies been defeated? Or would the tournament format have caused it to continue?

Blacjak and I had thought of an interesting mechanic to allow the game to persist if all baddies were eliminated from the tournament, but we never fully fleshed it out because... well... it never really looked like it might actually happen.

I'd also like to point out that this was advertised as an All-Stars game, and not telling everyone that it wasn't in fact a Werewolf game would be an absurd oversight of two hosts. Let alone the fact that it's in the werewolf forum and I cant even remember the last game allowed to be run on the Werewolf forum that had to specify that it was uninformed majority vs informed minority. All games with variations on this such as Amnesia were specifically highlighted, and forum games outside this spectrum are played in other forums like General.

Also, there were 9 players.