Blacjak

[Sparkbomb All-Stars 2017] Ultimate Shounen Tournament: The Next Legendary Fighter- Battle of the Gods/ Clash of Destiny

dK7Ny-Cq_Nu335iZDtkUDB3rSBg2bCwnxqX8YVb6S0Dho6l8O7Z2CvtfKJh2W5a4kEWy4zOT2fGu3LSjyBkjs62_tzw6ZUZHdSQ1tPAqU5wAVz9Og42hyHr2ieLoUFllHvflMKO8

The Next Legendary Fighter- Battle of the Gods/ Clash of Destiny

Opening Plot:

Spoiler

For millennia, the forces of Overworld and Shadowrealm have been locked in an epic struggle for their very survival. Each lives in precarious balance with the other, but a single tragedy from total mutual annihilation.

Long ago, the God of Creation birthed a light so bright, that not even the deepest shadow could quench it. Its miracles washed away any affliction, and granted inspiration beyond that which any mortal could conceive. Unsure of what to do with this great gift, he sought the advice of the God of Logic, for surely he would know.

It was then that the God of Logic saw fit to bless the champions of Overworld with the mystic power of the Spark. Being the larger realm, it was obvious to him that it was the superior choice. With it, Overworld prospered and became a shining example of creation and virtue.

However, not all beings were happy, and this filled the God of Creation with sadness. Jealousy had filled the empty hearts of those abandoned in the depths of Shadowrealm, far from the Spark’s grace. Embracing the destruction of the gods benevolent creation, they launched a full scale invasion against Overworld. Countless lives were lost and Shadowrealm was on the verge of overpowering their opponents and consuming the Spark.

It was then that the God of Creation intervened and stopped the slaughter by tearing his gift in two; The Spark of Light, and the Spark of Shadows. The God of Logic however, did not agree with his brother’s actions, and argued that only the strongest creation should be worthy of the Spark. The world stood still for several days as they squabbled before finally a compromise was reached. The gods agreed not to interfere with the conflict between the two realms, however, a direct confrontation would not be allowed. Instead, the mightiest fighters from each world would gather together to compete in the Ultimate Tournament. The prize: the Spark, and inevitably, their very lives.

Rules: All standard rules and ethics of Sparkbomb apply.

Terminology:

Spoiler

Player: This includes everyone who has signed up for the game.

Combatant: A Player who is both alive and eligible to Fight.

Non-Combatant: A Player who is alive and not eligible to Fight.

Dead: A Player who is not alive.

Spectator: All Players not currently Fighting.

Fighter: All Players currently Fighting.

Stats:

Power Level: Strength of Combatant

Power Level boosts: Temporary buffs to Power Level that expire at the end of each Match.

Fighting Spirit: Using Powers reduces Fighting Spirit. If Spirit is 0, Power Level is 0.

Power Types: **You may only use one Power per Phase. However, you may pre-submit Prep Powers.

Combat: May only be used while Fighting.

Support: May only be used while not Fighting.

Prep: May only be used during Prep Time.

Unique: May only be used once with specific rules.

Phases:

Spoiler

Day: Starts Midnight EST, Matches will take place as well as Voting for the next Match.

Night: 9pm-Midnight EST, Match results are calculated and Prep Time begins.

Prep Time: Following the Vote, Prep time will occur at Night. During this time, Support and Prep Powers may be used.

***You may only use one Power per Phase. However, you may pre-submit Prep Powers.

Voting:

Spoiler

Each day, Players Vote on non-Fighter Combatants for the next Match. The two Combatants with the highest number of Votes will become the next Fighters.

Tiebreakers: In the event of a tie flip a coin.

Matches:

Spoiler

The Match will take place the Day following Voting. During this time, Fighters may use Combat Powers, and Spectators may use Support Powers. The two Fighters' Power Levels are compared and the Fighter with a higher Power Level wins. The loser becomes a Non-Combatant.

Tiebreakers: If there is a tie, then both Fighters remain Combatants.

During the results of a Match, the number of Supporters each Fighter received help from is announced.

**Inactivity:

Spoiler

Failing to Vote will result in a loss of 1 Fighting Spirit. Failing to post will result in 1 additional loss of Fighting Spirit.

Rules Digest: The goal of the game is for your team to try to ensure one of their members wins the Tournament. If any member of your team wins the Tournament, you win the game as well.

Spoiler

The game is broken down into two Phases:

Day: Starts Midnight EST, Matches will take place as well as voting for the next Match.

Night: 9pm-Midnight EST, Match results are calculated and Prep Time begins.

~~~~~

Each player will have two stats, their Power Level, which is their strength in combat; and their Fighting Spirit, which allows the use of abilities.

Each day, all living players vote on combatants for the next Match. The two combatants with the highest number of votes will become the next fighters. In the event of a tie results are randomized.

Following the vote, Prep Time will occur at Night. During this time, Support and Prep Powers may be used.

The Match will take place the Day following voting. During this time, fighters may use Combat Powers, and spectators may use Support Powers. The two fighters’ Power Levels are compared and the fighter with a higher Power Level wins. The loser is eliminated from the Tournament, but remains alive. In the event of a tie, the fighter with more Fighting Spirit wins. If there is still a tie, then both fighters remain in the Tournament.

The goal of the game is for your team to try to ensure one of their members wins the Tournament. If any member of your team wins the Tournament, you win the game as well.

~~~~~

A fanfare of trumpets blared throughout the tournament grounds, echoing around the stands over the sound of thousands of spectators cheering. One by one, the champions of Overworld and Shadowrealm entered the arena under the gaze of an enormous golden statue bearing over them. It depicted a figure wielding a sword pointed towards the sky, a helm wreathed in olive leaves, and an expression of pure determination. It emanated the very embodiment of victory. Then, like a clap of thunder, the gods spoke.

“Denizens of the realms, you are gathered here to decide the fate of the universe. Your actions, and the actions of those you support could not have held more weight than now. Each day, all of you will vote for a combatant to represent you, and the two chosen will partake in trial by combat. It is at this time, that you must cheer your hardest for those you ally yourself with. When at last only one of you remain, your fate will become clear. Now, who will become your first fighters?!”

~~~~~

Standard Voting format is Vote: Combatant

Remember that only Combatants(Players still in the Tournament) may be voted for, and that the current Fighters(Players Fighting in a Match) may not vote or be voted for the next Match. All Players start as Combatants.

The first deadline will be on Saturday at 9pm EST. Followed 3 hours later by deadline for night. *You may pre-submit Prep Powers

Players:

0. Sinical

1. Celariel

2. Rock the Fox- Eliminated in Match 6 vs Cel

3. Shattered Rift

4. Red- Died in Match 5 vs Sinical. He was the Heir to the Martyr.

5. Zilary- Eliminated in Match 2 vs Rift

6. Roxeon

7. Lieutenant-colonel Franc- Eliminated in Match 4 vs Rift

8. thezodiac- Died in Match 3 vs Rock. His name was Ultiman.

Matches:

1. Sinical (No Supporters) vs Red (No Supporters)- Draw

2. Zilary (No Supporters) vs Rift (No Supporters)- Rift

3. zodiac (No Supporters) vs Rock (1 Supporter)- Rock

4. Franc (1 Supporter) vs Rift (No Supporters)-  Rift

5. Sinical (1 Supporter) vs Red (No Supporters)- Sinical

6. Rock (No Supporters) vs Cel (1 Supporter)- Cel

Top Fighters:

Rift- 2 Victories, No Fans

Rock- 1 Victory, 1 Fan

Sinical- 1 Victory, 1 Fan

Cel- 1 Victory, 1 Fan

Edited by Blacjak

First.

Not sure what to make of the mechanics quite yet. This is potentially a great take on semi-dead players (non-combatants). That's going to change voting strategy too.

Feel free to ask questions and bask in my glory. My office hours will be from 8-midnight EST every day. But I will likely respond other times.

May the 4th be with you!

God fighter #4 Red ready for duty, assaulter of nations, king of kings, god of gods, lord of all and destroyer of worlds.

The hells scream and ache for my return, let there be blood, blood, blood, blood, blood and more blood. The anguish of my foes will be delicious in life and in death.  I will eat their screams and consume their voices, echoing throughout the land.

Here! Interesting set-up. So voting doesn't guarantee "execution", but gambles two players of who has greater power + supporters.

Well, let's get reaaddyyyy to rummmmblllleeeee!!

This game will be far different from the ones I've played before. In my mind its kind of looking like fight club and we all know the first rule! of Fight Club?

Haven't read anything yet. Just checking in and confirming I received my role PM.

ETA: read the rules/thread. Love the set-up. One question: what distinguishes Non-combatants from Dead? Please clarify what capability differences these two have. Thanks Blac!

Edited by Celairiel

56 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Haven't read anything yet. Just checking in and confirming I received my role PM.

ETA: read the rules/thread. Love the set-up. One question: what distinguishes Non-combatants from Dead? Please clarify what capability differences these two have. Thanks Blac!

Dead Players are Dead. You can't do anything when you're dead. Non-Combatants have just been eliminated from the Tournament, and are not eligible for being voted to Fight in Matches. As such, you can still Vote, and use Prep and Support Powers.

Not a surprise, Mr. Sinical.

I have seen this in the moon.

And I can only say: so predictable. 

Do you really wish to kill your brother?

Checking in... Too strapped for time yesterday to even read all the rules and mechanics, but will do so today and report back. 

5 hours ago, Red said:

Not a surprise, Mr. Sinical.

I have seen this in the moon.

And I can only say: so predictable. 

Do you really wish to kill your brother?

You stopped being my brother the day you slaughtered that orphanage. Why the orphans...why? 

All I know is that these fists will end you. Pray that you don't end up in the arena with me.

36 minutes ago, Roxeon said:

So what happens if only one combatant gets voted?

Randomized second combatant would be my guess. But it's a very good point to confirm. I've been out of werewolf for nearly a year. That combined with the unique elimination method here means that I'm double checking everything. Also, starting with set-up analysis. 

On 7/6/2017 at 11:59 PM, Blacjak said:

The goal of the game is for your team to try to ensure one of their members wins the Tournament. If any member of your team wins the Tournament, you win the game as well.

Because of this, I think it may be unlikely for there to be an OMT. I feel like, in this game, it would be an even greater disadvantage than normal to be solo. Instead, I expect to see a neutral as was popular last summer (not sure if they still are). On the baddie team, I don't remember the proportions to expect in a game this small. Will we be looking for 3 in coordination or 2? Since we don't have a direct elimination option. Either way, the obvious best situation for us is to have 2 baddies in the arena fighting each other. 

10 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

Because of this, I think it may be unlikely for there to be an OMT. I feel like, in this game, it would be an even greater disadvantage than normal to be solo. Instead, I expect to see a neutral as was popular last summer (not sure if they still are). On the baddie team, I don't remember the proportions to expect in a game this small. Will we be looking for 3 in coordination or 2? Since we don't have a direct elimination option. Either way, the obvious best situation for us is to have 2 baddies in the arena fighting each other. 

Considering the Tournament theme, I'd be more inclined to assume it's a diversion by the MC. OMT fits a Tournament theme ("I wanna be the very best~!") whereas a Neutral generally doesn't.

I'm going to be out for most if not all of the day, so...

Vote: Lieutenant-Colonel Franc

Solely because he's the last person to post (besides the Fox Man, who got killed off first last time he played). I should be online for another two hours.

2 hours ago, Roxeon said:

So what happens if only one combatant gets voted?

The vote for the second fighter would be a tie (0 votes for all combatants minus the one with votes), and one combatant would be randomly selected from that pool. The Tournament must go on, after all.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Red said:
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, Red said:

Form my understanding this game follows a tournament like format and vote are no so much from executions but for players being voted to select each other like the dialog between Sinical and Red which I would like to see.

Now for my introduction; I am Rock of the Clan Fox. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal who shall like to put the name to the test and bring their pretty face to my axe :angry:

Vote: Red

Edited by RocktheFox

Votes:

Red- 2 (Sinical, Rock)

Sinical- 2 (Red, Cel)

Franc- 1 (Rift)

Edited by Blacjak

My new roommate moves in tonight, so I'm unlikely to get on again before voting ends. Since the current votes mean anyone who gets a single vote could be chosen, I will vote on someone currently on the list. Voting Red won't really change the current standings - it would keep it random for the second person, and therefore anyone else with a single vote as well. And between Sinical and Franc... there's really nothing in thread against anyone yet...

Well, Sinical seems to want to duke it out with Red. I might as well increase his chances of it. Avenge the orphans!!!

Vote: Sinical

Votes:

Red- 3 (Sinical, Rock, Franc)

Sinical- 3 (Red, Cel, Zilary)

Franc- 1 (Rift)

Hold on folks, looks like we'll be taking a short commercial break while we wait for our competitors to return.

Remember that you need to submit Prep powers before midnight if you want to use them, and they can be submitted beforehand.

Edited by Blacjak

The first Match will be between Sinical and Red.

The two combatants enter the arena and square off. After announcing the fighters and a brief pause, a loud gong is sounded and the two begin to fight.

Match 1 has Started. You may now use Support Powers on the two Fighters.

zodiac and Rox both lose 1 Fighting Spirit for failing to Vote.

Edited by Blacjak