Blacjak

[Sparkbomb All-Stars 2017] Ultimate Shounen Tournament: The Next Legendary Fighter- Battle of the Gods/ Clash of Destiny

You've made a grave mistake red, this isn't even my penultimate form. 

I trained every day. I reached my limits every day... Then I exceeded those limits. 

Speed, power and technique, I have them all. Now bear witness to the results of my efforts. 

*teleports behind you *

Oops, fell asleep watching GDQ before voting, my bad.

Do we wait for the current match to finish before voting for the next?

Nope! Get your votes in for the next Match now! Remember to Support your favorite Fighter, and Fighters can use their Combat Powers.

Apologies for not getting back yesterday to vote, IRL things tying me up. Busy weekend.

Vote: Rox

Edited by thezodiac

Delayed executions is something I haven't thought about in a long time, and it's weird going into Day 2 (or should this still count as Day 1, really?) without having information.

I know that we're mid-game at this point and what I'm about to say could be read into as a lie/bluff/whatever, but I'm going to be heavily preoccupied with some things going on for the next few days. Wednesday should be a good day and the game should have my full attention again.

Vote: thezodiac

Voting records are going to be what matter in this game, although I'm not yet certain what way to read into them. Not having Zodiac or Rox's stance on the Sinical vs Red battle provides us with less information once Match 1 completes. ... I think. Note that I would have voted Rox if there wasn't already a vote on him. I don't want to stack votes without having information.

Why not vote the blatant self preservation votes. The ones that didn't vote are already weakened. 

Well, for what it's worth here's my stance on the Red vs Sinical thing: I would have voted for Franc yesterday. Red and Sinical both seemed too eager to go at each other which makes me believe something in their roles would benefit them if it happened, but they also phrased it in a way that made me think it was just a silly reference to a past game.

Both of my preferred votes (zodiac who just voted without saying anything and Zilary who's giving me the impression that she's trying to fly under the radar and also voted pretty late - which isn't necessarily a tell but is giving me bad vibes) already have someone voting for them so this might be seen as self-preservation, but I'm doing it anyway.

Vote: zodiac

5 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

Note that I would have voted Rox if there wasn't already a vote on him. I don't want to stack votes without having information.

This is giving me the impression that you'd vote for me over zodiac if neither of us had been voted. Why?

5 hours ago, Sinical said:

Why not vote the blatant self preservation votes. The ones that didn't vote are already weakened. 

I'm not totally sure I agree. If I understand the rules, their Spirit is decreased, not their Power. So, especially if they have teammates who were active, they may not be impacted. Spirit only limits their extra power use. And I'm assuming baddies would have teammates who would be able to use support powers to offset any Spirit loss of the person who didn't vote. I think the voting of people who are already in the running is a much better self-preservation vote. It limits my chances of ending up as one of the Fighters. Until I've seen a fight, I don't really want to end up there.

I'm going to watch a show with my sister, then come back and see how the votes stand. I will place a vote at that time based on my above reasoning.

We finally got our selves a decent brawl but can hardly call it Thunderdome just yet. Red and Sinical's fight had a big build up like the McGregor and Mayweather match but I'm still unsure of the outcome mainly because I don't know if it happened yet but I agree with Rox about the self-preservation right now but also because I'm unsure about teams right now but it good while were are still fresh faced in this game to mix things up which is why I'm voting for this contender for the next match.

Vote: Rift

No vote formal vote count, so I think I'm just evening things up with this. Partly my above reasoning, and partly because - of the currently voted combatants - two have said almost nothing about their current actions. I'm giving Zil a pass for this round only because this game is suffering a shortage of women. And at this point, there's basically nothing else that differentiates her and Zodiac. 

Vote Zodiac

Edited by Celairiel
clarified grammar

Wait...so we not know the results of Match 1 between Sinical and Red?

It looks like the matches are slightly delayed behind the voting for the following match. Do we even get results as to who supported who or what? I'm guessing that's all private and behind-the-scenes.

For the case of self-preservation and trying to tie up the votes...

Vote: Rox

1 hour ago, Roxeon said:

This is giving me the impression that you'd vote for me over zodiac if neither of us had been voted. Why?

See the logic immediately prior to that in my post:

7 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

Not having Zodiac or Rox's stance on the Sinical vs Red battle provides us with less information once Match 1 completes. ... I think.

---

1 hour ago, Roxeon said:

Red and Sinical both seemed too eager to go at each other which makes me believe something in their roles would benefit them if it happened

Considering nightkills don't(?) exist in this game, it would make a lot of sense if baddies have combat-hungry powers and/or win conditions.

1 hour ago, Celairiel said:

I'm going to watch a show with my sister

Are you in town right now?

16 minutes ago, RocktheFox said:

I'm still unsure of the outcome mainly because I don't know if it happened yet

Combatants are determined on Day X, and the battle happens on the following Day Y after voting (and thus a new matchup) are determined, so they'll be having their brawl in three hours.

2 minutes ago, Shattered Rift said:

See the logic immediately prior to that in my post:

No, I get why you would have voted for either me or zodiac. That part makes sense. But I interpreted it as you having a preference for voting for me over zodiac if neither of us had votes, and that's what had me curious.

Votes for Match 2-

Zilary- 2 (Rox, Sinical)

Rift- 2 (Rock, Red)

Rox- 2 (Zil, Zodiac)

Zodiac- 2 (Cel, Rift)

@Lieutenant-colonel Franc has failed to vote and post and will lose 2 Fighting Spirit as a consequence.

Match 1 will conclude in 5 minutes. Remember to use Universal Meditation during the Prep phase if you do not wish to take any other actions and did not act this Match.

Edited by Blacjak

11 minutes ago, Shattered Rift said:

Are you in town right now?

Combatants are determined on Day X, and the battle happens on the following Day Y after voting (and thus a new matchup) are determined, so they'll be having their brawl in three hours.

No - we just synchronized our Netflix.

And Zil - see above.

Ah...so the first two rounds of voting seems to be with little information. Tomorrow's voting will be better influenced, hopefully.

4-way match, eh? BRING ON THE RANDOMIZER. *rawr*

Sinical and Red battled back and forth, throwing each blow as if their life depended on it. After several hours, both Fighters were worn and battered. Then each of them wound up for a final attack. Putting all of their strength into making this hit count, it was a surprise to no-one that they both ended up on the floor, unconscious.

The result of Match 1- @Sinical vs @Red is a Draw

Both Fighters are still in the Tournament.

Neither Fighter received any Support.

~~~~~

Match 2- @Zilary vs @Shattered Rift will start in 3 hours.

34 minutes ago, Roxeon said:

No, I get why you would have voted for either me or zodiac. That part makes sense. But I interpreted it as you having a preference for voting for me over zodiac if neither of us had votes, and that's what had me curious.

Oh! My reasoning was that Zodiac had posted at that point Had Zodiac voted for anyone other than you, I would have voted for you. Because Zodiac voted for you, I didn't want to stack another vote.

BRING IT ON ZILARY~!

That the second draw I've head this week. The first being the result of the Scotland vs England game, one all.

Alright, Rift your up next! Get in there, my son! Zil's got nothing on you. give him the old 123! The Kansas city shuffle, the New York Deli special, The New York Subway special in fact just give him all the New York specials. Sting like a bumblebee and hit like a polar bear.

50 minutes ago, Roxeon said:

And this is why you don't ignore your LUK stat, Zilary. Or should I call you Inferno Blaze?

The odds were definitely NOT in my favor.

31 minutes ago, RocktheFox said:

Sting like a bumblebee and hit like a polar bear.

Okay...if Rift hits like a polar bear, may I float like a butterfly. :P