Blacjak

[Sparkbomb All-Stars 2017] Ultimate Shounen Tournament: The Next Legendary Fighter- Battle of the Gods/ Clash of Destiny

41 minutes ago, Zilary said:

The odds were definitely NOT in my favor.

Okay...if Rift hits like a polar bear, may I float like a butterfly. :P

I don't know about odds but the odds never seem to be in the winners favor because we are always surprised by the results.

You may float like a butterfly but be prepared to get squished by the paw of a polar bear or the cold arctic temperature which no butterfly could possibly ever survive in as well as such two creatures that would never really encounter each other unless in captivity and under strange circumstance. 

Edited by RocktheFox

1 minute ago, Lieutenant-colonel Franc said:

*sigh*

Well that was unintentional. Just got back after crisscrossing the city while training for my bout.

At least it as not as unintentional like the results at Wimbledon, Frankie-boy!

Match 2- Zilary vs Rift

FIGHT!

Remember to Support your Fighter if you want them to have a better chance of winning. Voting for Match 3 will now begin.

Edited by Blacjak

12 hours ago, Zilary said:

Doesn't that just mean I hit like Lixyl? Is that really a positive thing?

Vote: Lieutenant-colonel Franc

Placeholder vote... but it will probably remain my actual vote. I'm hoping to get some things resolved today so I should be available during the rest of the game, but things aren't lined up to be resolved today, but if things change I'll end up losing a huge chunk of the afternoon/evening.

If a fighter would like my assistance, pm me with your team. If we're on the same team I'd be happy to help. 

5 hours ago, Red said:

Vote: RockTheFox

It's time to.... ROCK THE FOX!

If you wanna ROCK THIS FOX! Then I will be rocking with me all night and will be dancing you right into the sunlight.

I'm bad, bad Rocky Brown, the baddest Fox in the whole damned town!

7 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

19 hours ago, Zilary said:

Doesn't that just mean I hit like Lixyl? Is that really a positive thing?

Not sure what a Lixyl is...Google isn't doing me any favors.

As far as voting, I don't know what to conclude from the first match...possibilities:

1. Sinical and Red are on opposing teams and coincidentally had matching Power Levels.

2. Sinical and Red are on the same team and discussed what Power Level each need to be at to end in a draw.

Also, noticed that no one gave support to either Sinical or Red. It could just simply be too early to use powers without testing the waters as to who in this game is strong or whatnot. Or they don't want to reveal their teammates this early in the game.

Randomizer vote says...

Vote: thezodiac

Will change if there's any evidence that comes up later, but it looks like we are randomly pitting people in battle until something comes of it?

Vote: zodiac

I've explained my suspicions on zodiac and Zilary Inferno Blaze (side note: that name doesn't sound very innocent to me) yesterday, and since we can't vote for the current Fighters zodiac's my choice.
Honestly I'd be inclined to vote Red but it really feels like he wants to be in those bouts so I'm being a bit cautious of that.

6 hours ago, Zilary said:

Not sure what a Lixyl is...Google isn't doing me any favors.

http://sparkbomb.com/profile/35-lixyl/

Legend has it that the Lixyl is commonly described to as a mystical Canadian polar bear-like creature in ancient times.

Match 3 Votes:

Zodiac- 2 (Zilary, Rox)

Rock- 1 (Red)

Franc- 1 (Rift)

@Celairiel @thezodiac Have not yet Voted or posted and will lose 2 Fighting Spirit if they fail to do so.

@Sinical @Lieutenant-colonel Franc Have not yet Voted and will lose 1 Fighting Spirit if they fail to do so.

An All-Star is active, inactivity will hurt your chances at winning. This is a core fundamental built into this game. Remember to post and vote each day, and use your Powers each day/night cycle, even if it is just Universal Meditation. Universal Meditation is not passive, and must be actively used. Neglecting to use your Powers will almost certainly guarantee your loss. If you need help with anything regarding the game, your hosts are active resources for you. The enjoyment of the players is always my top priority.

Edited by Blacjak

Sorry for the late reply had to be off the computer for a while.

Vote: Red

Edited by RocktheFox

Conclusion of Match 2- @Zilary vs @Shattered Rift

This fight was even more intense than the previous. Each Fighter came out the gate pumped up with a fiery passion. After only an hour however, it was clear that Rift's power was stronger than Zilary's and he was able to wear her down until striking the final blow.

Shattered Rift is Victorious! Zilary has been eliminated from the Tournament, but may still support her fellow fighters.

Neither Fighter received any Support.

~~~~~

Match 3- @thezodiac vs @RocktheFox will start in 3 hours.

Sorry guys. I got home from work feeling super sick. I'm awake now and catching up on thread briefly.

ETA:

I read the results. I'm staring at them and trying to conclude things logically. It's not going well. I'll have to wait for sleep and thoughts from others to give me a framework. 

In order to avoid missing my vote tomorrow (honestly I did not calculate the time difference correctly, and it's really a tough time for me on days when I'm healthy, forget about sick) I'm going to vote someone who I haven't voted for before. Hopefully I'll be on to update it tomorrow, because if I'm not, it's because I'm sicker than today and I don't like that.

Vote Franc

I will now stop whining and go to bed. Night all!

Edited by Celairiel

18 minutes ago, Red said:

Vote: RockTheFox

You cannot Vote for Fighters in the current Match. They need time to rest after the Fight, and one of them will likely have been eliminated regardless. The Fighters for each Match are decided at 9pm Eastern, they then have three hours to change their lists to use Prep Powers if they didn't pre-submit one before the Match starts.

Edited by Blacjak

Match 3- Zodiac vs Rock

FIGHT!

Remember to Support your Fighter if you want them to have a better chance of winning. Voting for Match 4 will now begin.

Votes for Match 4:

Red- 1 (Franc)

Franc- 1 (Cel)

As I enter the arena all the gods and mortals stand vivified at my every move as the bagpipes start playing Scotland the Brave, then followed by everyone standing for the national anthem. then a reenactment of the Mel Gibson' William Wallace speech and then I raze my Claymore Long Sword and with my kilt I run into battle with no underwear on shouting Freedom!

Ok Zodiac its go time !

Edited by RocktheFox

8 hours ago, Zilary said:

As far as voting, I don't know what to conclude from the first match...possibilities:

1. Sinical and Red are on opposing teams and coincidentally had matching Power Levels.

2. Sinical and Red are on the same team and discussed what Power Level each need to be at to end in a draw.

It's not just the same Power Level. They also had the same Fighting Spirit (see attached quote below).

On 7/6/2017 at 10:59 PM, Blacjak said:

The two fighters’ Power Levels are compared and the fighter with a higher Power Level wins. The loser is eliminated from the Tournament, but remains alive. In the event of a tie, the fighter with more Fighting Spirit wins. If there is still a tie, then both fighters remain in the Tournament.

With this in mind, I find coordination the more likely possibility.

Vote: Red

It may also be worth throwing a disable (or whatever disable-equivalent someone might have in this set-up) at him as well, provided he gets in. Whatever benefit he gets from battling, he should still be able to be worn down either via powers or the like to make sure he goes down.

Me and red were in contact. I lied about my power and it ended up as a draw. Take from that what you will. 

Vote: Rift

If you would like a duel, let it be. But you will be smited and the lord of all will demand your head!

Actually, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!

Unvote: Rift

Vote: Franc

Edited by Red

Whoops. That part of the tie clause is from an outdated ruleset. I must have missed it in my edit pass. Sorry. The tie-rule we applied was comparing only Power Level. Sinical and Red may or may not have had the same Fighting Spirit when they fought.