Blacjak

[Sparkbomb All-Stars 2017] Ultimate Shounen Tournament: The Next Legendary Fighter- Battle of the Gods/ Clash of Destiny

Ì DEMAND TRIBUTE.

THE BATTLE OF THE RED AND THE RIFT SHALL COMMENCE!

I will destroy you, after all these years.  The nether will expand and consume your fragmented soul. The blood will evaporate. Your existence will have been pointless.

2 hours ago, Rexozord said:

Whoops. That part of the tie clause is from an outdated ruleset. I must have missed it in my edit pass. Sorry. The tie-rule we applied was comparing only Power Level. Sinical and Red may or may not have had the same Fighting Spirit when they fought.

That's rather important. It also is a good thing to be aware that conserving FS in order to win a tie is not a

9 hours ago, Shattered Rift said:

Whatever benefit he gets from battling, he should still be able to be worn down either via powers or the like to make sure he goes down.

40 minutes ago, Zilary said:

I, too, am curious as to Red's powers that affect his combat...

Vote: Red

Are we sure his "benefit" or "power" is something that needs to be worn down? He's reading more like a Jester to me, seeking loss and/or death. Which would indicate that we shouldn't be sticking him in the arena when he so clearly wants it. I know the "execution method" as it were invalidates some traditional thinking about the game. But I still don't know that we should be giving a suspicious person exactly what they want... I will continue to think on this. The game is rather two layered: who are the team(s) we need to take out? And how to/who can take them out? While Red may need to be taken out, what is the best way to do that?

9 hours ago, Sinical said:

Me and red were in contact. I lied about my power and it ended up as a draw. Take from that what you will. 

Did overstate or understate your power? If you are willing to share that much detail. I understand if you aren't, but I think there are different conclusions dependent on which one you did.

If you understated your power (said you were weaker than you actually were) then he may have boosted his own power in order to try to take you out. This caused the tie.

If you overstated your power (said you were stronger than you actually were) then it's more likely that both of you were matched just to start, since he would have tried to bulk up to match/beat your stated power level.

I'm assuming you understated, since overstating doesn't benefit you, but I'd love confirmation. By understating, you still may have initially been matched, and he just felt no need to augment his power level because he assumed he would beat you without it. But it makes him adding to his own power level a more likely possibility.

And frankly, none of this should surprise us. Who wouldn't boost their power if they had an option to if they were in the arena? The goal of all players is to either win or have a teammate win. Therefore, losing in the arena is against your team's best interests.

I'm not willing to discuss that.... But it looks like people aren't willing to discuss anything based on activity 

1 hour ago, Sinical said:

I'm not willing to discuss that.... But it looks like people aren't willing to discuss anything based on activity 

Lets to discuss. I know my input have not been much toward the activities at had but if we would do a little bit of analyses to what's happened from all the previous matches and I don't know if it happened or not but I don't know if there has been any more team involvement yet but it just seem like we are going from match to match. 

14 minutes ago, Roxeon said:

Vote: Franc

I don't think I want to find out what Red's up to.

You know what, neither do I. ¥.¥

Unvote: Red

Vote: Rift 

----

Seem to have a freeish evening, so let's discuss o.o

Cel, apart from a day...ejection? Which I don't have and haven't seen - remotely - then if you're wanting to off Red, the only way seemingly is combat. Or he loses by winning. Which is possible I suppose but seems, err, remote. Being annoying is usually a good way to make people think twice about careless actions around you.

I can tell you my current power level probably isn't up to taking up Mr. Red, who seems to be a mite over 9000 just now @.@

2 hours ago, Red said:

FOX, THE HYPERSPACE DRIVE HAS ACTIVATED.

WILL YOU BOARD?

Beam me up Reddy.

Vote: Franc

Edited by RocktheFox

Hm, maybe not mess with Red tonight. I feel like the more he meditates...the stronger he'll get. If he battles, he is likely forced to use his powers and spend his points, but he might have a different condition than us.

Unvote: Red

13 minutes ago, Zilary said:

Hm, maybe not mess with Red tonight. I feel like the more he meditates...the stronger he'll get. If he battles, he is likely forced to use his powers and spend his points, but he might have a different condition than us.

Unvote: Red

Perhaps, but again, what is this condition of his?

Winning is obvious, but as struggle from a gamemaker perspective to see how you make losing a challenging condition?

...Oh, to Hel with it.

Unvote: Rift

Lets see if you have anything to to back up your bold mouth, M. Rouge.

Edited by Lieutenant-colonel Franc
The Circle of Life.

1 hour ago, Lieutenant-colonel Franc said:

Cel, apart from a day...ejection? Which I don't have and haven't seen - remotely - then if you're wanting to off Red, the only way seemingly is combat. Or he loses by winning. Which is possible I suppose but seems, err, remote. Being annoying is usually a good way to make people think twice about careless actions around you.

I can tell you my current power level probably isn't up to taking up Mr. Red, who seems to be a mite over 9000 just now @.@

Your last line is more what I mean by "how" to take him out. We should be pairing his battle strategically, not just throwing him into the arena with anyone else we feel like. If you aren't strong enough to feel confident in winning, we shouldn't sacrifice you to him, unless we think you are also suspicious. In general, I think we need to be more strategic in our combatant picking. 

I'm going to leave my vote on you for now, since your opponent has switched and I honestly don't have enough information or time before cut off to recommend a different pairing.

Votes for Match 4:

Franc- 4 (Cel, Red, Rox, Rock)

Red- 2 (Rift, Franc)

Rift- 2 (Sinical, Zilary)

Conclusion of Match 3- @thezodiac vs @RocktheFox

As Rock entered the arena, he received a thunderous applause. The energy of their voices channeled through his muscles and he knocked out zodiac with a single punch. The crowd cheered, as a few moments later zodiac stood up from the ground. "I will not be defeated so easily, I am the greatest that ever was and ever will be." So Rock knocked him down again, and again, and again. He drew back his fist on final time, but zodiac did not move."

RocktheFox is Victorious! thezodiac has been eliminated from the Tournament, and unfortunately has died.

RocktheFox received help from 1 Supporter.

~~~~~

Match 4- @Lieutenant-colonel Franc vs @Shattered Rift will start in 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Edited by Blacjak

Coroner's Report:

The Fighter zodiac died in combat, refusing to accept a loss.

He was the great Overworlder Ultiman, and believed that he was destined to become the Champion. Victory, for him, was the only path forwards.

Ladies and Gentlemen Here I am Yes, behold the Fox, the Champion , the rock, the hard place, like a wind from East. I sweep by blown far from my homeland in search of glory and honor, we walk... in the garden of my turbulence! The one, the only Rock the Firestorm Fox. Parse me!

I am unlikely to be able to get on much tomorrow. I'm going to Vote Roxeon as a placeholder. However, I'm thinking on the Red question still. I'll try to get on while at work, but if I don't manage it I won't be back until after cutoff.

Match 4- Franc vs Rift

FIGHT!

Remember to Support your Fighter if you want them to have a better chance of winning. Voting for Match 5 will now begin.

Votes for Match 5:

Rox- 1 (Cel)

I have news. News about Red aka "Heir to the Martyr".

From that fighter name I deduce he hasn't inherited anyone's role and has some sort of protection (which would explain his tie with Sinical and me finding that fighter name instead of a possible inherited fighter name), he inherited Zilary's role (who I don't believe was inno) or he inherited zodiac's role (who doesn't seem to have been inno). In any event.

... What a predicament you've created for yourself, Roxeon.

I cannot be defeated. I am immortal. Before time existed, I was there and far after time ends, I will still be here.

You cannot fight it. You must succumb.

Vote: Roxeon

I still have my role and powers...I just can't fight as a non-combatant. Unless, someone has powers to restore me to combatant? I assume Red would inherit Zodiac's role, unless there's a specific "martyr" role out there, aligned with a specific team. As far as my innocence goes and the name you found, I can confirm that is my name, but it doesn't necessarily prove my alignment as I am lead to believe that there are some thematic names out there according to the setting of this game. I am on a team, but I don't know my team mates. I assume there are a more than one team floating around too. I don't know if the "baddies" know their team or not, but my thoughts on the game set-up is that each team is out for themselves and maybe have to go find each other? At least that's what I picked up from my role.

Interested in his powers...mostly.