Shattered Rift

Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

iko intends to join the party that Rexozord is not joining and attack the bot that the party is intending to attack.

ooc: Thanks for the clarification. I was typing 'start' and changed my wording, but forgot to delete it.

Khem waits for Rex or Iko to attack Nebiros' target before taking his place in the back. It's both the safest and best view... for assessment.

Attack Nebiros' target after 2nd in formation (Rex/Iko) does.

Edited by Zen

Rex clutched his head. Hard disconnects never failed to give him a headache. It took a moment for his eyes to focus and the droning, high-pitched noise in his head to fade. As the immediate pain receded into a dull throb, he lifted his head from his hands and blinked. The Mansion front gate, of course. He needed to get back into the Mansion in order to... do something. What was he doing before the disconnects. He thought back, but couldn't seem to recall. He was pretty sure that amnesia wasn't a typical side effect of a hard disconnect, unlike his headache.

Rex was pulled from his thoughts as the antics of his companions drew his attention, finally, to the two Spambots blocking their path. Seeing how his friends were arrayed made his choice clear. "Traj, Star, behind me, if you please." Rex stepped forward to block the Spambot from reaching them.

Rex attacks Spambot B, taking the first position.
Provisional: If Traj or Star do not indicate positions, Traj will be second, and Star will be third.

Edited by Rexozord

iko took notice of Rexozord's choice. He nodded his head and turned to Nebiros and Khem.

"Hey, can I join your party? I'd like to help," said iko as he walked toward them. iko felt a particular atmosphere between Khem and Nebiros. He carefully took some distance to observe.

iko queues up to attack Spambot A, as 2nd in the party.

Edited by Bed

Team Piracy

Khem attacks Spambot. 4 damage.
Spambot attacks iko. 8 damage.
Nebiros attacks Spambot. 6 damage.
iko attacks Spambot. 5 damage.

Auto-Battle!

iko attacks Spambot. 4 damage. Defeated!

Victory! All battlers gain 1 XP!

[Nebiros: Sparks 28/28 Energy 5/5, iko: Sparks 16/24 Energy 7/7, Khem: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7]

Team Science Project

TheLastStarMaker attacks Spambot. 7 damage.
Rexozord attacks Spambot. 5 damage.
Spambot attacks TheLastStarMaker. 7 damage.
Trajectory attacks Spambot. 4 damage. Defeated!

Victory! All battlers gain 1 XP!

[Rexozord: Sparks 28/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 13/20 Energy 6/6]

The spambots were easily dismantled. Star was nonplussed by the lack of loot they left behind, but it had been fanciful thinking that they might drop socks. Traj briefly examined one's head, which continued to spout off some nonsense about natural werewolf enhancement, before all of the pieces dissolved into ones and zeroes. So much for this hacking leaving their enemies behind for study.

The six members quickly entered the Mansion, hoping to find a safety, but the sight that greeted them was one of Shattered Rift impaling a spambot with a legendary silver blade.

Shattered Rift attacks Spambot. Critical! 34 damage. SpambotC is defeated.

The pieces of three spambots lay scattered about the parlor. One was at the base of the stairs, another lay in front of the fireplace, and this last one fell into shambles near the right-hand door. After a few moments, they dissolved into ones and zeroes just like the others.

“Can't even deal proper damage at Level 1,” Shattered Rift said quietly to himself, curling his lips in irritation. His attention quickly snapped to the newcomers.

“It's about time I got some backup,” Shattered Rift said. He glanced over each of the six. “It looks like the hacking has affected all of you too. All Level 1 and no usergroups.” His voice soured at that last point. “I don't care if you're battlers or not: I need you to get to the Irregular Tower.” They knew that was the southeast Tower. “The hacker responsible for this has holed himself up there.”

“What about you?” Rex said.

“I've rerouted the spambot army to spawn at the Front Gate,” Shattered Rift said, walking towards the fireplace and facing the staircase. After sliding a painting aside, he ran his hand along the wall's surface and a panel popped open. He reached inside the safe and started withdrawing items. “There are maybe a dozen or so that are actually here inside the Mansion. I can't let the army breach the elevator, and you're not equipped to hold the line here without being overrun. But with a little luck, you should be able to reach the Irregular Tower.”

Shattered Rift handed out items from within the safe.

iko receives 4 Snowballs.
Khem receives 4 Snowballs.
Rexozord receives 4 Fused Spark Minis.
TheLastStarMaker receives 2 Snowballs and 2 Fused Spark Minis.
Trajectory receives 4 Snowballs.
Nebiros receives 4 Fused Spark Minis.

Snowballs will deal damage based on your Talent,” Shattered Rift said, “and the Fused Spark Minis can heal you.” To demonstrate, he crushed one in his hand, and most of the wounds he had taken faded away.

Shattered Rift uses a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 9 Sparks.

Remember, they'll be more effective on someone with higher Max Sparks,” Shattered Rift said.

Normally, the parlor led to several other parts of the Mansion. Open doorways to the east and west showed hallways that led to the forum rooms, and a doorway northward led to Random Chat. The elevator at the top of the staircase was forbidden without Shattered Rift's permission. On the second floor balcony, two more doorways to members' quarters on the east and west. Right now, however, barriers blocked every path except to the west hallway on the first floor.

You're going to have to take the long way to the Irregular Tower,” Shattered Rift said. “I'll be in touch via PMs to help you navigate. If you're willing to take the risk, there should be a weapons cache in the Mafia Forum and an items cache in the Art Forum. Neither will be enough to supply all of you, but they could make a difference.” His eyes fell on iko. “Looks like you're the only hacker in this group. If you can get to the east doorway on the second floor, you should be able to bring down the barrier. Do that and it should make a clear path up to the Irregular Tower. Do that and if any of you are deleted, they'll be able to catch up with your team quicker. It's going to take all of you to defeat the hacker.”

The front doors swung open, and a fresh trio of spambots appeared. Behind them, in the distance by the Front Gate, more could be seen coming.

Go!” Shattered Rift said. “I'll be in touch over coms.”

[Quest received!

Story Quest: Intruder
Primary Objective: Defeat the Script Kiddie
Optional: Recover the Weapons Cache
Optional: Recover the Items Cache
Optional: Disable the Barrier on the 2nd Floor East Hall (Requires Hacker)]

Traveling West...

The six hurried down the west hallway, leaving Shattered Rift to deal with an unending onslaught of spambots. However, the group was cut off by two spambots at the intersection. From the north hallway, three mechanical arachnids scurried along ceiling, wall, and floor. Despite their small size, only about a foot in diameter, they moved much faster than the spambots.

[Encounter A: Spambot, Webcrawler appear.
Encounter B: Spambot, WebcrawlerAB appear.

Both encounters are separate and must be engaged. Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the West and North. (You came from the East.) The path west leads towards the primary objective. The path to the north leads towards the Mafia Forum and the weapons cache.

Note: Players have a maximum inventory size of 6 items at this time.

Next update should be on Monday.

Nebiros: Sparks 28/28 Energy 5/5, iko: Sparks 16/24 Energy 7/7, Khem: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7
Rexozord: Sparks 28/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 13/20 Energy 6/6]

[Action - ITEM (Snowball), Target - Webcrawler A, Encounter B]

"Looks like it isn't just us that were depowered," Traj said with a grimace, eyeing the enemies in front of them with distaste. "If even Rift's been affected, something's really wrong. We're gonna need more than a few Snowballs and Fused Spark Minis to deal with this hacker - " Traj's eyes glinted, and he grinned like the wolf he wasn't, at the moment. 

" - and I've always been a fan of sidequests."

The corridor intersection didn't offer too much in the way of mobility assists, but Traj fully expected Rex to take the front position again; Phoenixes were like that. Traj was fine with that, for now - he fully intended to stay at range.

Winding up, he took aim at the more-forward of the two spider-bots coming at them in a group.

Edited by Trajectory

The sight of the admin always filled Star with...something, but you know quite frankly at the moment she was having trouble remembering most things.

...except for the distinct lack of socks. TT__TT

The sight of the admin's keen blade filled her with envy, her hands clenching once, briefly, into the fists they had been upon making contact with the Spambot's parts.

There was something to be said about such "visceral" contact--it was all projected, but still--but there was also something to be said about the satisfactory slicing sensation she knew the admin had gotten to experience just then.

The side of Star that she knew hadn't changed was the one that at the sound of more "stuff" immediately perked up. 

Stuff is always good. (Yeah, okay, especially if it was socks but-) Any kind of stuff. All the stuff. At least one of each of the things.

...hm...had she always been such a hoarder? ...probably.

Star nodded at Traj's assessment. This was no ordinary hacker. ...hacker...had she been one of those? As she pulled up her specs and saw her Class/Trait/Desire slots filled with Duelist/Acrobat/Socks, only the last one rang particularly true. Right?

Hm. I guess I did take some damage that fight. She rolled a shoulder and popped her neck at the reminder of her HP having taken a hit. She eyed her Energy and gave a little pout at it, her Ability page absolutely, depressingly, empty.

When she glanced up, she knew what Traj had locked in, and also knew that if both of their opponents decided to hit her this round, she might not survive. She quickly checked her placement in the Party to make sure it was as she had intended it the entire time...

run_command!Party/Formation/Slot_2

...and whined silently to herself as she moved over to her Inventory page, but took comfort in knowing that she would still have one more...

run_command!Inventory/FusedSparkMinis/TheLastStarMaker

As was typical for her whenever the chance arose, she fully intended to support Traj once the opportunity presented itself... 

((OOC: I fully realize that my action this turn is likely to just be using my item, but just in case something happens and I get to attack, I wanted to specify what I would attack))

run_command!Battle/Encounter_B/Attack/WebcrawlerB

3 hours ago, TheLastStarMaker said:

((OOC: I fully realize that my action this turn is likely to just be using my item, but just in case something happens and I get to attack, I wanted to specify what I would attack))

Certain items, such as the Fused Spark Mini, can be used outside of battle. In this case, you can enter a Pre-Battle command as well as your Battle command.

And yes, this means you get to see your next encounter before deciding on healing options. :)

"My sparks..." whispered iko.

"I think I should be third in  line since I suffered some damage... so if you please, Khem."

iko positioned himself third to Khem. He knelt down as if he was hurt.

Iko attacks WebCrawler (Encounter A).

As the spambots fell, Nebiros had taken the opportunity to punt the head of her target, watching it fly a fair distance before both bots and their bot-parts vanished into the digital void.

Upon entering the mansion, she gave little attention to the bot corpses, or even Rift who was apparently the source of the bot corpses, her eyes falling onto the blade in his possession instead, eyes glittering. She opened her mouth intending to ask about... just... y'know... taking it, and then closed it to listen to Rift talk instead. Upon hearing that nobody among the six had user groups, she finally gave herself a proper once-over since appearing suddenly at the gates. Indeed, the group-logo she was often fond of placing somewhere on herself had gone missing. She returned her attention to Rift, sort of. As she listened, her eyes would occasionally drop back to the weapon in his hand, until she heard the words 'weapons cache'. She knew she couldn't actually take the cool one, even if she asked nicely, so whatever was in that cache would have to do.

As Nebiros made her way into the hall with the others after Rift’s lowdown on the situation, and item demonstration, she groaned and shuddered at the little spider-looking bots approaching the teams. Briefly, she thought to just... burn down the whole mansion. It would solve all the problems. The hacker would burn, the robo-spiders would burn, the other bots would burn... it would maybe cause a whole host of more issues, but hey, what's a little rebuilding?

----

Pre-engagement:

• ITEM: FS.Mini -- TARGET: iko

Engagement:

• ATTACK: SPAMBOT -- ENCOUNTER: A

----

{{Are we allowed to trade items between parties/party members?}}

Khem was kind of disappointed to get useless attack items, there were others to hit things, he wanted to protect and debuff. Frowning he looked around at those that got tasty healing sparks.

{{Assuming I can't before the battle}}

Attack Spambot

"Let's try to recover the weapons cache before we have to deal with..." Rex was interrupted by the arrival of more enemies. "Well that's inconvenient."

Rex attacks Webcrawler A.

2 hours ago, Zen said:

Are we allowed to trade items between parties/party members?

Yes. Between battles (or "pre-battle") you can use out-of-battle items and trade inventory between party members. To trade between members of different parties, both parties must be in the same location (so no teleporting items to other players).

Update will be sometime around 10 PM PST.

Team Piracy

iko moves behind Khem in the party order.
Nebiros used a Fused Spark Mini on iko. Recovered 8 Sparks.

Webcrawler runs all around. Speed boosted.
Nebiros attacks Spambot. 5 damage.
iko attacks Webcrawler. 6 damage.
Khem attacks Spambot. 6 damage.
Spambot attacks Nebiros. 7 damage.

[Spambot, Webcrawler remain.
Nebiros: Sparks 21/28 Energy 5/5, Khem: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, iko: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7

Note: Bed, in the future please bold all commands, including changing the party order.

This party is eligible to include auto-battle commands that will be executed if one of their enemies is defeated next round. A travel command may also be posted.

Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the West and North. (You came from the East.) The path west leads towards the primary objective. The path to the north leads towards the Mafia Forum and the weapons cache.]

Team Science Project

TheLastStarMaker used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 6 Sparks.

WebcrawlerA runs all around. Speed boosted.
WebcrawlerB crawls all over Rexozord. 5 damage.
TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerB. 8 damage.
Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerA. 5 damage.
Spambot attacks Rexozord. 5 damage.
Trajectory throws a Snowball at WebcrawlerA. 11 damage. Deleted!

[ Spambot, WebcrawlerB remain.
Rexozord: Sparks 18/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 19/20 Energy 6/6

Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the West and North. (You came from the East.) The path west leads towards the primary objective. The path to the north leads towards the Mafia Forum and the weapons cache.]

[Next update will hopefully be Wednesday. I'm in the process of trying to streamline the tools I'm using to run battles, and that may delay until Thursday. I'd appreciate it if players keep track of their inventories and of changes in Sparks/etc. A lot of things are being run by hand right now.]

Edited by Shattered Rift

"Thanks for the heals, Nebiros," said iko. He got up back up and stood as if rejuvenated. 

iko speaking randomly, "It seems the Team Science Project is going to recover the weapons. Guess we are going there." 

iko will  travel with his party to whichever next destination the party members decide to go to. iko will continue to attack any enemy based on the party leader's attack preference for the next engagement.

Edited by Bed

Star emulated the admin's actions from earlier as she willed a Fused Spark Mini out from one of the slots of her inventory--Had I always only had six?--and into her hand, crushing it and feeling some of her wounds from the previous battle fade away.

She rolled a shoulder, eyes darting between the Webcrawlers, watching them as some seemed to grow faster, others damaging Rex. Ducking between the latter and the avatar who stood at the front of her and Traj, she felt satisfaction as her fist connected solidly and she darted back out of the way, watching Rex and Traj's assault on the faster of the Webcrawlers, suddenly feeling thankful when they were dropped.

Traj's snowball attack in particular--his hit stronger even than her own--caught her attention and she stopped in place for a moment, one of her own snowballs suddenly in her hand where she tossed it a few inches into the air as she pondered it briefly with a hint of a grin dancing in her green-hazel eyes.

Those same glittering eyes caught sight of the Spambot in their Encounter that none of them had touched and a wicked grin flashed over her face for a nanosecond as she pulled back her arm...

run_command!Item/Snowball/Use/Target/Encounter_B/Spambot

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

As the webcrawler's speed increased Khem doubled down to finish off the bot before the thing became too impossible to catch and destroy.

Khem attacks Spambot again.

Nebiros nodded and grinned at iko. "You bet we are. I totally want in on that weapon-y goodness."

Nebiros attacks Webcrawler

Auto-Battle: attack Spambot

I guess if both bots go down, Team Piracy's gonna head North to the Mafia Room

Traj whooped as the Webcrawler went down. Noticing Star pull out a Snowball of her own, Traj grinned and went for the Spambot she was aiming at. 

[Command: Attack - Target: Spambot]

[Conditional - If Spambot is defeated, Attack Webcrawler instead]

Edited by Trajectory

Rex attacks the Spambot.
Auto-Battle: Rex attacks.
Auto-Battle Provisional: Star and Traj attack.
Post Battle: Proceed North toward the weapons cache.

Team Piracy

Webcrawler attacks Khem. 5 damage.
Khem attacks Spambot. 4 damage.
Nebiros attacks Webcrawler. 5 damage.
Spambot attacks Nebiros. 6 damage.
iko attacks Webcrawler. 5 damage. Deleted!

Auto-Battle!

Khem attacks Spambot. Miss!
Spambot attacks Nebiros. Critical! 14 damage.
iko attacks Spambot. 6 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers gain 2 XP!

Shattered Rift's voice came in over PM: "Remember, the weapons cache won't have enough equipment for all six of you."

Traveling north...

Just outside the Mafia Forum, the tables in the Mafia Lounge had been flipped over by Spambots evidently causing disruption.

[Encounter A: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command?
Encounter B: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command?

As Bed did not submit a target, his target from last round was repeated. In the future, a group's update will be delayed if all commands are not in. To allow for teammates to change your commands, I recommend a player submit a target as well as a conditional that one (or more) teammates can override.

Nebiros: Sparks 1/28 Energy 5/5, Khem: Sparks 19/24 Energy 7/7, iko: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7 ]

Team Science Project

Webcrawler attacks TheLastStarMaker. 4 damage.
Rexozord attacks Spambot. 5 damage.
TheLastStarMaker throws a Snowball at Spambot. 8 damage.
Spambot attacks Rexozord. 5 damage.
Trajectory attacks Spambot. 5 damage. Deleted!

Auto-Battle!

Webcrawler attacks TheLastStarMaker. 5 damage.
Rexozord attacks Webcrawler. 7 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers gain 3 XP!

Shattered Rift's voice came in over PM: "Remember, the weapons cache won't have enough equipment for all six of you."

Traveling north...

Just outside the Mafia Forum, the tables in the Mafia Lounge had been flipped over by Spambots evidently causing disruption.

[Encounter A: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command?
Encounter B: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command?

Rexozord: Sparks 13/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 10/20 Energy 6/6]

Edited by Shattered Rift

"Ouch," said iko as Nebiros got damaged critically by the Spambot. Was it time to panic? A feeling of nostalgia entered iko. Maybe he was through this experience some time in the past, but he couldn't remember. He didn't know how to react. However, he wanted to help. iko offered to switch positions with Nebiros.

1 spark is really cutting it close, thought iko.

"uh... hmmm... I recommend shifting Nebiros to third. And for conservation, use only 1 spark mini. It would be nice to observe a possible max average heal..." iko contemplated further but became annoyingly indecisive.

He saw new enemies and readied himself to attack. Spambot probably has to be deleted first. iko was thinking Spambot really hurts, more than Webcrawler that is...

Pre-Battle: iko switches party position with Nebiros.

Provisional: If iko's team members decide on new position, iko would like to change positions based on decision.

Provisional: If team members decide different target to engage, iko would like to attack and auto-battle the decided target.

Item: Use snowball on Spambot (Encounter A)

ooc: let me know if these commands don't work

Edited by Bed

(([sweats profusely] C A L C U L A T E D.))

tumblr_p087ak8pHR1r8nmwao1_1280.jpg

1 spark left? Noooooo problem. Screaming internally for the foreseeable future, Nebiros forced-casually dusted herself off and promptly marched her way down the north corridor. On edge as anything could just kinda... sneeze at her and remove that last spark. When Rift's reminder about the cache came through, she jumped and clutched her chest, but then rolled her eyes and sighed. She knew. Initially, she didn't care, but thanks to that crit the desire she had been holding to challenge and 1v1 somebody in the pit for a weapon had gotten nixed real damn fast.

Groaning at the new targets ahead, Nebiros pulled out a Fused Spark Mini to prepare, crushing it for herself. "So I haven't quite decided which is worse, but now I have a vendetta against Spammy McSpamface..."

Prebattle:

• FS.Mini -- Target: Self
  • Allows position swap, taking iko's 3rd.

Battle: Nebiros attacks Spambot, Enc.A

((RNGesus be with me.))

Edited by Nebiros

I want to clear up a few things that may have been confusing.

Your team's section starts with the bolded...

Team Helper

... or whatever your awesome team name is, and it ends with the Status Line...

[Sparkbot: Sparks 16/16 Energy 0/0 Charges 0/0]

The remaining enemies will be included in the status line before your party stats, allowing you to quickly assess your situation:

[SpambotAB remain.

Sparkbot: Sparks 16/16 Energy 0/0 Charges 0/0]

I've also been mentioning directions. Due to the 72 hour update schedule, I want to avoid downtime when possible. So if you know you're about to wrap up your battle, you can also include travel directions.

Auto-Battle is granted at my discretion, usually when another round of combat will safely wrap up the battle. In a case like the current one where Nebiros' Spark count may be at risk of death by non-crit, I may only run a single round. Death penalties will be light during this Quest, but they will become more severe later (costing money Sparks and possibly Experience).

If there are any other questions or clarification needed, feel free to post and ask.