Shattered Rift

Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

Happy to see the Webcrawler she intended to engage go down before she even got there, Star fluidly shifted her forward motion into a spin that ended up with a solid heel kick connecting with the Beta of the Webcrawlers...

...and suddenly found herself and her single-digit Spark-count pivoting back to stand in front of both Rex and Neb...

...the Guardians...

...both of whom had healed themselves...

...I'm sorry, what?

She nearly laughed out loud, though whether cynically or not, the sound did not make it past her lips as she gave one, almost imperceptible shake of her head and stubbornly squared her shoulders, fists coming up once more...

run_command!Battle/Front_A/Attack/WebcrawlerC

run_command!Auto-Battle/Attack

((I misread Traj's post as moving to the front of our formation, not the other one, which made perfect sense because he had the highest spark count remaining, even after a heal. So I was expecting the formation to be Traj, Rex, Star.))

Rex moves to position 1.
Rex attacks.

Traj blinked at the remains of the Webcrawler. He hadn't quite expected it to go down in one hit, but seeing iko wind up to punch it, then the look on his face when it fell apart just as he swung, made Traj snicker. 

"Heh, whoops."

Glancing through the door, Traj saw the rest of the party squaring off against two more Webcrawlers.  With the numbers advantage, he figured he could probably hold onto his last Snowball for now. 

[Join Front A]

[Attack Webcrawler A]

Blacjak rushed after the Spambot, tackling it to the ground. He then delivered several deadly punches to it's face as he straddled the scraps of digital code. Hearing the sound of combat up ahead, he charged forwards towards the unknown.

Attack Spambot, West Hallway.

The Wind

Spambot attacks Blacjak. 4 damage.
Blacjak attacks Spambot. 9 damage.

Auto-Battle!

Spambot attacks Blacjak. 5 damage.
Blacjak attacks Spambot. Critical! 10 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers receive 3 XP!

[Read on to Weapons Cache Get.
Blacjak: Sparks 5/24 Energy 4/4]

Weapons Cache Get

Rexozord moves to Position 1.

WebcrawlerC crawls all over Rexozord. 5 damage.
WebcrawlerB attacks iko. 6 damage.
TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerC. 7 damage.
iko attacks WebcrawlerC. 7 damage. Deleted!
Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerB. 7 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers receive 4 XP!

Level Up! Rexozord achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +5! Max Energy +2! Strength +1! Stamina +2! Talent +2! Nerve +2! Speed +1!
Level Up! TheLastStarMaker achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +3! Max Energy +3! Strength +2! Stamina +2! Talent +3! Nerve +2! Speed +2!
Level Up! Nebiros achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +5! Max Energy +2! Strength +1! Stamina +2! Talent +2! Nerve +2! Speed +1!
Level Up! Trajectory achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +4! Max Energy +3! Strength +1! Stamina +1! Talent +3! Nerve +3! Speed +1!
Level Up! iko achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +4! Max Energy +3! Strength +1! Stamina +1! Talent +3! Nerve +3! Speed +1!

Everyone had taken blows, but all five had survived the onslaught of webcrawlers. Nebiros was the first to the table, uttering the word, "Gimme," and the other four were admiring the cache a moment later. Three foam sticks sat on the table with graphic t-shirts to go with them. They had apparently been in use for a game of Mafia before everyone had been logged out, but surely no one would miss them.

[Optional Objective: Recover the Weapons Cache Complete!

Received 3x Foam Bat. (Attack +1)
Received 3x Graphic Tee.
(Defense +1/+0. The first number indicates physical defense and the second number indicates special defense.)

Equipment may be distributed as you see fit. If there is a disagreement, it will be settled via RNG with the goal of first distributing one piece of equipment to each member.]

The joke did indeed seem to be on Khem, whose cocky expression watched blankly as they passed by him on their way back down the hall.

Traveling North... East... South...

Blacjak attacks Spambot. Critical! 10 damage. Deleted!

The well-equipped party arrived just in time to watch as Blacjak obliterated his foe. After introductions, the six continued on their mission...

Traveling West...

The General Lounge was a simple assortment of couches and bean bag chairs, and the team quickly ascended the stairs. The First Lounge, as this one was called, was in a state of disarray like the Mafia Forum, with tables and chairs and couch overturned. A single bot and two crawlers were the culprits, and they quickly took note of the members' presence.

It would be possible for one party to occupy their foes while the others continued ahead. What would the members do?

[Encounter: Spambot, WebcrawlerAB approach.

The status line below shows parties as they were organized at the end of the last encounter. Please create/reorganize/etc parties as desired. It is only necessary for one party to engage this encounter. If a group chooses to go ahead and can get that command in by tomorrow evening, I'll run a mini-update to let them know what new challenge they'll be facing.

Character sheets on the first post have been updated. Please check them to confirm their accuracy.

Rexozord: Sparks 12/33 Energy 5/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 9/23 Energy 6/9, Nebiros: Sparks 18/33 Energy 5/7
Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10
Blacjak: Sparks 5/24 Energy 4/4]

Edited by Shattered Rift

Traj eyed the spoils.

"Foam bats and T-shirts? Not the most elegant, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess."

He hefted a bat. "I'd like this, if no one objects."

Thinking to himself, Blacjak realized the foam "swords" he makes irl are basically just bats. He asked to pick one up and swing it around, trying to come up with a point of difference between the two that would legitimize his larping as anything but slapping each other with pool noodles. But alas, even in the virtual world, his ninja training would have to start with simplicity.

"I'd like to suggest that Traj, iko, and Nebiros fight off this force, as they all have Nerves of steel, and our Guardians should be split. The rest of us can move on to clear out the Art Forum to resupply our Savants, before we take down the barrier. I believe our Graphic Tees should go to Rex, Nebiros, and iko (our only hacker). A bat should go to either Star or one of our Guardians, and I'd like one myself, but I suppose I can get by just punching my way through this."

Trade Foam Bat?, Move Ahead.

[I seem to have forgotten something...]

Level Up! Blacjak achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +4! Max Energy +1! Strength +2! Stamina +2! Talent +1! Nerve +1! Speed +1!

[Blacjak: Sparks 5/28 Energy 4/5]

Star blinks, suddenly finding herself at the start of the fight no longer in first position.

She checks her status in the menus and frowns deeply.

I didn't give my permission for that move, yet moved I was. Note to self.

Once the enemies were dispatched, Star's eyebrows rose higher on her head as one of the people she thought least qualified to wield one of these particular weapons--Traj--immediately went over to pick one up.

"I mean, yeah. I object." She shrugged, thinking nothing would likely change in spite of her objection as she walked over and picked one up herself. "My suggestion is that those better suited for physical combat take one, and we head to this "item cache," where I would hope we are to find things better suited for those with the proper Talent."

Another shrug after they find the next encounter, "I'm fine with staying or going, but I think a grouping like Blac is suggesting is unwise for what it's worth. Leave one with high Nerve, leave another with lots of actual HP to stand in front, and leave one of us two that can punch things hard."

As she sees Blac preparing to leave, she shrugs, "I guess that means I'm staying here."

run_command!Inventory/Equip/Foam_Bat

run_command!Party_"Encounter"/Formation/Slot_3

run_command!Battle/Attack/WebcrawlerA

Traj flipped the bat end over end, catching it each time, while he pulled up his stats in the menu. 

"Guardians and savants have the same strength stat," he pointed out, "and I think it makes more sense for the people standing in front - Rex and Nebiros - to up their defense. I think definitely you and Blac should have a bat, and I think iko as our only Hacker should probably take the third shirt."

"Besides," Traj added, grinning, "we can always trade later."

Edited by Trajectory

The groupings I suggested have to do with the fact that Webcrawlers deal special damage and we still have snowballs for damage (which in fact deal more damage, and against a known quantity of opponents). The next group of enemies are more likely to deal less or equal special damage in favor of physical, Star has better Phys Def than our Savants. Either way, I'm not staying and our Guardians should split up.

After the battle in the Mafia Lounge, iko snapped out of his coma. Scanning the situation, he quickly took note of Traj's recommendation for iko to equip a Graphic Tee. In tandem, iko quietly picked one up. He started to take off his regular shirt, but then froze. He became self-conscious of his body, and then decided to wear the Graphic Tee over his regular clothing. 

Was it stylish? he thought. He looked down at the graphic on the tee, but there was not enough story description to describe it. 

As the others were negotiating the rest of the items, iko slowly moved over to Nebiros. He didn't know how he got into another party, or why Nebiros and Khem were where they were. But he still wanted to stay with Nebiros and Khem. Although it has been brief, Nebiros has been taking care of him, and he suspects Khem has feelings for Nebiros. 

Item: Use Graphic Tee on iko

Edited by Bed

"I'll stick around with Star," Traj said, eyeing one of the webcrawlers dubiously. He picked up a beanbag chair and hurled it at the creepy crawler; partially to hurt it, but also partially to see if it would stick. 

[Item Equip: Foam Bat]

[Party Formation - Slot 2]

[Attack Webcrawler B]

Edited by Trajectory

Looks like there's still some dispute about distribution and parties. Potential update tonight if Rex and Nebiros get commands in and things seem reasonable to finalize.

Equip graphic tee

Party position 1, with whoever's now with me

... Okay so if Traj and Star are engaging, and iko's chillin' with me... I think I'll skip this engagement and take iko to the hacker door, Blac can choose to be our third if he so wishes while Khem hangs out in sleep mode. :P

Team Piracy skips out on this engagement, and continues on. 

Team Science Project

Rexozord equips Graphic Tee (Defense 0/0 -> 1/0).
Trajectory equips Foam Bat (Attack 0 -> 1).
TheLastStarMaker equips Foam Bat (Attack 0 -> 1).
Rexozord used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 11 Sparks.
Party Formation: Rexozord, Trajectory, TheLastStarMaker

WebcrawlerB runs all around. Speed boosted.
WebcrawlerA crawls all over TheLastStarMaker. 4 damage.
TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerA. 14 damage. Deleted!
Spambot attacks Rexozord. 4 damage.
Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerB. 11 damage.
Trajectory attacks WebcrawlerB. 10 damage. Deleted!

[Spambot remains.
Rexozord: Sparks 19/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9
]

Team Piracy

Nebiros equips Graphic Tee (Defense 0/0 -> 1/0).
iko equips Graphic Tee (Defense 0/0 -> 1/0).
Blacjak equips Foam Bat (Attack 0 -> 1).
Party Formation: Nebiros, iko, Blacjak
(Lacking specific positions from Blacjak and iko, order has been chosen based on Sparks and Defense. This arrangement may be changed at the agreement of those players, or it may be rendered irrelevant by your next obstacle.)

Traveling East... North... East... North... East...

Leaving their allies to deal with the enemies, the pirate, the hacker, and the wind quickly made their way through the hallways of the second floor to arrive in the Grand Ballroom. It was the largest room in the Mansion, and the north wall was filled with windows that offered a view of the balcony, the courtyard below, and the Mansion grounds beyond. Inside, chairs and tables lined the edges of the ballroom. Unfortunately, a group of spambots and too many webcrawlers had decided to make the room their home.

Blacjak tested the door to the balcony only to find it locked. They would have to sneak past the legion of enemies or get the drop on them.

[Four (4) Spambots and perhaps two dozen Webcrawlers are present in the room. With the latter skittering around so much, it's difficult to pin down a number, but it's well over a dozen, and you would guess it's less than thirty (30). You have three options, and each player may act individually. Players must specify the order in which they'll act. The player queue will be followed until an encounter is triggered or all players have successfully acted.
1) Ambush. You may attempt to ambush a single enemy of your choice. You have a 70% chance of success (although hit chance is calculated normally, so misses may occur). If the enemy is killed outright, you have a 75% chance of remaining undetected. Failing this roll, the following encounter will occur: in addition to the targeted enemy (if alive), 20% chance of additional Spambot, 30% chance of additional Webcrawler, or 50% chance of additional Spambot and Webcrawler. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Other players may join after the first round, but each player joining will add a Spambot and two Webcrawlers to the encounter.
2) Stealth. The first player to attempt stealth will have a 95% chance of going undetected and reaching the East side of the Grand Ballroom. Subsequent players will have an 80% chance of going undetected. Failing this roll, one of the following encounters will begin: 30% chance of Spambot, 40% chance of Webcrawler, or 30% chance of Spambot and Webcrawler. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Other players may join after the first round, but each player joining will add a Spambot and two Webcrawlers to the encounter.
3) Engage in battle. This will result in a fight against SpambotA, WebcrawlerAB, with one (1) additional Spambot and two (2) additional Webcrawlers for each additional player to engage in combat. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining).

Nebiros: Sparks 18/33 Energy 5/7, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10, Blacjak: Sparks 5/28 Energy 4/5]

Edited by Shattered Rift

Nebiros's face fell upon seeing... well... literally everything. In most cases, she figured she'd enjoy the ballroom, with all of its windows and clearly stellar views.

But not like this.
Never like this.

At this point, she was almost certain nobody would actually, truly mind if she just... added a 4th option. Set fire to the room. Set fire to the whole mansion. 
When asked why she'd just say there were one too many robo-spiders. She'd be completely justified
The only thing really stopping her was that, unfortunately, she had no actual way of going forward with her nuclear option. Her frown intensified.

Nebiros turned to face iko and Blacjak, who were both in rough shape with sparks. One crit on either would take them out easy. She still had a singular spark mini but would hold off on crushing it for either, hoping to save it for another, less crazy, time if they made it through the ballroom without drawing attention to themselves.

"Hey so like... Please don't Leeroy Jenkins this room because I will let you die."

NEBIROS IS GONNA STEALTH BY THE ENEMIES BECAUSE EFF THIS NOISE OMG... but maybe not first.

iko and Blac can play rock-paper-scissors for that 95% stealth if they're looking to stealth too. I'm chill with 80%. Save yourselves.

tenor.gif

Blacjak thought for a moment, "iko should go first, his survival is mandatory."

Blacjak slipped into the shadows whispering, "I am the night..."

Blacjak chooses Stealth, after iko.

Edited by Blacjak

iko was nervous upon seeing the enemy. He started to meditate his thoughts by self-reflecting. 

His composure changed and he appeared nonchalant. The plan to maneuver around the enemy came quick, as if natural.

iko attempts to stealth first

As Star danced backwards out of range, she brought the foam bat up to her shoulder and stood observing the rest of the round of the fight, extremely pleased with herself.

Yes, this "weapon," as it were, felt much more natural in her hands.

She had suspected that the Webcrawlers were more susceptible to her physical attack and felt overly satisfied to find it drop to her "blade."

The Spambot, she felt confident, would prove more resilient to such tactics. 

She appeared to consider something, then shrugged.

run_command!Battle/Attack/Spambot

Traj shook his head. The spiders had gone down, but the 'bot was going to take some work. 

He flipped his new bat again, catching it by the handle. So be it. 

[Attack Spambot]

Team Piracy

Deciding that iko needed to reach the east hall, his teammates let him make the first move while the situation seemed safest. Although he lacked the grace of Nebiros and Blacjak, his movements had a calculated nature to them, and although a spambot appeared to be looking directly at him at one point, he ultimately passed through undetected. [Result: 86]

Blacjak went next, movements graceful and quick. Much like the wind itself, it seemed as if only an instant had passed before he had joined iko on the other side. [Result: 2]

Nebiros swallowed hard, fighting every instinct to grab the nearest fire extinguisher and spontaneously gain the hacking skills to convert in into a flamethrower. Impossible or not, she thought it might be a better idea than trying to sneak past so many webcrawlers. Her movements were more measured than Blacjak's, alternating between slow and quick movements as fear and strategy gripped her mind in equal measure. It felt like forever--although Blacjak would assure her it had been less than a minute--before she reached the other side. [Result: 59]

If they could get iko to the east hall, they could bring down the barrier and ensure that no one ever had to cross this minefield again.

Traveling East...

At the next intersection, Nebiros had had enough. The three webcrawlers staring her down would burn. As much as something beaten and battered could burn without fire, anyway.

[WebcrawlerABC approach.

Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the East and South. (You came from the West.) The path South leads to the primary objective and the East Hall. The path East leads towards the Art Forum and the Items Cache. If heading South, please specify whether you will head towards the primary objective or the East Hall.

Nebiros: Sparks 18/33 Energy 5/7, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10, Blacjak: Sparks 5/28 Energy 4/5]

Team Science Project

TheLastStarMaker attacks Spambot. 12 damage.
Rexozord attacks Spambot. 8 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers gain 3 XP!

Traveling East... North... East... North... East...

Having dealt with their foes, Rex, Traj, and Star made their way through the hallways of the second floor to arrive in the Grand Ballroom. It was the largest room in the Mansion, and the north wall was filled with windows that offered a view of the balcony, the courtyard below, and the Mansion grounds beyond. Inside, chairs and tables lined the edges of the ballroom. Unfortunately, a group of spambots and too many webcrawlers had decided to make the room their home.

Traj tested the door to the balcony only to find it locked. They would have to sneak past the legion of enemies or get the drop on them.

[Four (4) Spambots and perhaps two dozen Webcrawlers are present in the room. With the latter skittering around so much, it's difficult to pin down a number, but it's well over a dozen, and you would guess it's less than thirty (30). You have three options, and each player may act individually. Players must specify the order in which they'll act. The player queue will be followed until an encounter is triggered or all players have successfully acted.
1) Ambush. You may attempt to ambush a single enemy of your choice. You have a 70% chance of success (although hit chance is calculated normally, so misses may occur). Failure will result in a normal round of combat for both you and the targeted enemy.  (This is a clarification from Team Piracy.) If the enemy is killed outright, you have a 75% chance of remaining undetected. Failing this roll, the following encounter will occur: in addition to the targeted enemy (if alive), 20% chance of additional Spambot, 30% chance of additional Webcrawler, or 50% chance of additional Spambot and Webcrawler. Other players may join when the battle is triggered, but each player joining will add a Spambot and Webcrawler to the encounter. (This is changed from Team Piracy.) Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining).
2) Stealth. Players attempting stealth will have an 80% chance of going undetected and reaching the East side of the Grand Ballroom. Failing this roll, one of the following encounters will begin: 30% chance of Spambot, 40% chance of Webcrawler, or 30% chance of Spambot and Webcrawler. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Other players may join
after the first round, but each player joining will add a Spambot and Webcrawler to the encounter. (This is changed from Team Piracy.)
3) Engage in battle. This will result in a fight against SpambotA, WebcrawlerAB, with one (1) additional Spambot and one (1) additional Webcrawlers for each additional player to engage in combat. (This is changed from Team Piracy.) Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining).

Rexozord: Sparks 19/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]