Shattered Rift

Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

Team Piracy

Blacjak uses a Fused Spark Mini on iko. Recovered 10 Sparks.

WebcrawlerA crawls all over Blacjak. 5 damage.
WebcrawlerB attacks Blacjak. 2 damage.
WebcrawlerC crawls all over Nebiros. 4 damage.
Nebiros attacks WebcrawlerA. Critical! 22 damage. Deleted!
WebcrawlerD attacks Nebiros. 2 damage.
iko attacks WebcrawlerB. 7 damage.
Blacjak attacks WebcrawlerC. 15 damage. Deleted!

[WebcrawlerBD remain.

Nebiros: Sparks 4/33 Energy 5/7, Blacjak: Sparks 7/28 Energy 4/5, iko: Sparks 19/28 Energy 7/10]

Team Science Project

TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerA. 12 damage. Deleted!
WebcrawlerB attacks Rexozord. 2 damage.
Trajectory attacks WebcrawlerB. 10 damage.
Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerB. 9 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers gain 2 XP!

[Paths lie open to the East and South. (You came from the West.) The path South leads to the primary objective and the East Hall (as separate paths). The path East  leads towards the Art Forum and the Items Cache. If heading South, please specify whether you will head towards the primary objective or the East Hall.

Rexozord: Sparks 15/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]

Kicking at the remains of the Webcrawlers, Traj glanced down the South Hallway and shrugged. 

"I imagine Nebiros and company have the barrier under control. I think we should resupply at the Item cache."

He turned and began walking down the East Hall, flipping his bat negligently. 

[Advance East]

Blacjak put on a brave face,

"Nebiros get to the back using the Switch action! I can still take a hit."

The Switch action can be used instead of Defend, limiting damage taken to 50% while changing position in a party.

Attack- WebcrawlerD

I had asked Rift for clarification.

Let's take a look at our resources and damage output goals:

-There are two webcrawlers, one is at low hp, the other is at full. Blacjak is guaranteed to kill one at full hp (I think), the other will die in one hit by anyone. If we don't make two attacks this round, they will get an additional chance to make an attack which makes it far more likely that one of us will die.

-Taking a Defensive action or using an item prevents the use of the Attack action. So we can only safely use one Defensive action if we want to make two attacks.

-iko must live through this encounter, however, it's impossible for him to die unless he takes 3 physical attacks. Nebiros cannot take a special attack, but can take a physical attack. If they take a defensive action, it will take two special attacks to kill them. Blacjak will be killed if he takes two attacks and one is special. Therefor in order to achieve the best defensive outcome, Nebiros must be moved to the back by taking the Switch action OR use a FSM on themselves. Switching will make the party order [Blacjak, iko, Nebiros] Using a FSM makes it far less likely there will be any casualties compared to Switching but uses resources. (Although they will probably need to be used regardless at a later time as the boss still needs to be defeated.

-Nebiros has two FSM, iko has 3 Snowballs.

-The webcrawlers have been observed to take three actions, Self Speed Buff, Special Attack, or Physical Attack.

In summary, the best strategy is Nebiros heals, Blacjak attacks D, iko attacks B.

The second best strategy is Nebiros Switches to position 3, Blacjak attacks D, iko attacks B.

1 hour ago, Blacjak said:

The Switch action can be used instead of Defend, limiting damage taken to 50% while changing position in a party.

I hadn't decided yet what to call it. In DQC, it's called Charge (if moving forward in party order) and Retreat (if falling back in party order). I've debated just making it an aspect of Defend. Switch could also work.

To be more specific, the position shift happens at the beginning of the round (before targeting). The 50% reduction to damage applies during the round. So if Nebiros moves to the back position, Blacjak will be the most likely to be targeted that round and Nebiros the least likely to be targeted that round.

There are a few things in the first post that need to be added and clarified. I've fallen a bit behind on that as I've been developing other aspects of the game. Speaking of which, I forgot to post the item descriptions for the Foam Bat and Graphic Tee.

Foam Bat: "This bat doesn't hit very hard, but it does make a satisfying 'whoomph' sound."

Graphic Tee: "This customizable tee can show off any graphic you want. Well, as long as the filter doesn't flag it."

Announcement

Snowball has received a minor downgrade. Note: I may not announce downgrades in the future that are based on hidden values.

Team Piracy

[Still awaiting Nebiros' command. Pre-battle and first round reposted for convenience. If Nebiros gets her command in tomorrow, I can run a mini-update to catch you up.]

Blacjak uses a Fused Spark Mini on iko. Recovered 10 Sparks.

WebcrawlerA crawls all over Blacjak. 5 damage.
WebcrawlerB attacks Blacjak. 2 damage.
WebcrawlerC crawls all over Nebiros. 4 damage.
Nebiros attacks WebcrawlerA. Critical! 22 damage. Deleted!
WebcrawlerD attacks Nebiros. 2 damage.
iko attacks WebcrawlerB. 7 damage.
Blacjak attacks WebcrawlerC. 15 damage. Deleted!

[WebcrawlerBD remain.

Nebiros: Sparks 4/33 Energy 5/7, Blacjak: Sparks 7/28 Energy 4/5, iko: Sparks 19/28 Energy 7/10]

Team Science Project

Traveling East...

The Glass Lounge was a spectacle, somehow untouched by the chaos in the Mansion. The walls, floor, and ceiling were all made of frosted glass, and one continuous window spanned the east and north wall with a beautiful curve instead of the usual corner that all the other lounges had. Even the furnishings--tables, chairs, couches, and lamps--were all made of glass. The group continued downstairs, finding the Developer's Lounge completely upended. Projects and desks had been overturned and littered the floor, and costumes had been drug out from the Role Playing Forum. The trio was stunned when a pair of baby critters charged towards them, but when one started up the side of the wall Star realized the 'critters' were actually webcrawlers wearing costumes.

[Baby CritterAB WebcrawlerAB remain.

Rexozord: Sparks 15/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]

Traj laughed. 

"Aww, they're almost too cute to hit... almost."

He darted forward and yanked at the costume of the one crawling on the wall, knocking it to the ground, and slammed his bat into its receptors.

[Attack - Webcrawler A]

One of Nebiros' teammates may put in a provisional command for her. To clarify based on existing discussion, if the command made was for Nebiros to switch to the 3rd Position, Blacjak and iko would automatically be bumped up to 1st and 2nd positions, respectfully. If iko wants to switch to the 1st position, his doing so would cause Nebiros to be bumped to 2nd and Blacjak to 3rd. Or, if both switch positions, a party arrangement of iko/Blacjak/Nebiros is possible.

Note that current commands are...
Blacjak attacks WebcrawlerD.
iko switches to 1st position.
Nebiros awaiting command.

Update will be tomorrow evening. ::.Goes back to tweaking/finalizing character classes.::

Star's eyes went crossed for a moment, as one does whenever one is looking at something that they suspect isn't complete or correct.

Man, this place is just wrecked, she thought, as she brandished her bat and darted forward for what seemed at least like the fifth time that day.

run_command!Battle/Attack/WebcrawlerB

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Blacjak said:

In summary, the best strategy is Nebiros heals, Blacjak attacks D, iko attacks B.

The second best strategy is Nebiros Switches to position 3, Blacjak attacks D, iko attacks B.

According to the below statement, it is assumed FSMs are only used outside of battle. I would go with the first strategy if it is allowable.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:30 PM, Shattered Rift said:

Certain items, such as the Fused Spark Mini, can be used outside of battle. In this case, you can enter a Pre-Battle command as well as your Battle command.

And yes, this means you get to see your next encounter before deciding on healing options. :)

iko saw that Nebiros froze in place during the battle. He poked her, but nothing happened. He attempts to log out and log in as Nebiros, using his hacking abilities.

iko attacks WebcrawlerB

Nebiros moves to the end of the party (Third position)

Edited by Bed

Team Piracy

[I loved the gag of iko logging out and back in as Nebiros.

In the future, I may disallow provisional commands from using items. Or I may just disallow the use of rarer items. And yes, Fused Sparks Minis can be used in battle, so running battle with the FSM command...]

WebcrawlerB attacks Nebiros. 2 damage.
WebcrawlerD crawls all over iko. 3 damage.
Blacjak attacks WebcrawlerD. 17 damage. Deleted!
Nebiros uses a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 12 Sparks.
iko attacks WebcrawlerB. 7 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers gain 4 XP!

From their position behind the barrier, the group could see Shattered Rift continuing to fight off spambots. He was winning, but he was grossly outnumbered.

iko waved a hand, pulling up a console in the air in front of him. "Maybe if I..." he mumbled, fingers running keystrokes against a semi-solid surface. After a moment, the barrier dissolved.

"Good job!" Rift shouted over the clash of silver on metal. "If you can give me a reprieve, I can make it worth your while!"

[Optional Objective: Disable the Barrier on the 2nd Floor East Hall Complete!

Any characters coming from the Parlor may now travel East via the 2nd Floor.

Paths lie open to the East and West. (You came from the East.) If you choose to travel West and assist Shattered Rift, an encounter of SpambotABC approaches.  If you choose to travel East, please declare whether you will be pursuing the Primary Objective (heading towards the Irregular Tower) or heading elsewhere.

Nebiros: Sparks 14/33 Energy 5/7, Blacjak: Sparks 7/28 Energy 4/5, iko: Sparks 16/28 Energy 7/10]

Team Science Project

WebcrawlerB attacks Rexozord. 3 damage.
WebcrawlerA runs all around. Speed boosted!
Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerA. 9 damage.
TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerB. 11 damage.
Trajectory attacks WebcrawlerA. 11 damage. Deleted!

Auto-Battle!

TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerB. 14 damage. Deleted!

Victory! All battlers receive 2 XP!

Having defeated their most adorable foes yet, the team continued down the halls.

Traveling West... South... South... East...

The Creator's Lounge was similar to the Developer's Lounge, except the projects littering the floor were arts and crafts of various sorts. One piece of art was a painting of the professional paintballers Cinder and Ash. The couple's relationship was popular among fans. Standing over the painting, apparently ready to destroy it, was one of the spambots responsible for the mayhem. Its partner in crime, as well as two webcrawlers, had already noticed the party.

[SpambotA, SpambotB, WebcrawlerAB remain.

Rexozord: Sparks 12/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]

Edited by Shattered Rift

Blacjak looked at the group of bucket heads, then at his HP, then back again at the bots.

Damn, if only I had an extra 4 HP.

"I'd like to suggest one of you two head back to the Lounge to reinforce our members there and reup on items. We should only need two people for this fight."

Blacjak heads West and Attacks Spambot C>B>A

This is really bad, Star thought as she brandished her foam bat again, deciding that her best bet would be to try and take out one of the Webcrawlers before they sped up too quickly for her to take out before they got her next round. When was the last time someone attacked the Mansion this thoroughly? They didn't usually manage to make things quite this bad, did they? She wished she'd had time to question the admin further, but maybe their enemy would have an entertaining monologue for them when they reached 'em.

run_command!Battle/Attack/WebcrawlerA

As they walked down the corridors, Rex eyed Star's condition. "Is there a reason you haven't used your other Fused Spark Mini? Your spark count seems... low."

Pre-Battle: I propose we re-arrange to Traj>Rex>Star.
Rex attacks SpambotA.

Character Username: Ward.

Desired Class: Bruiser.

Trait: Hacker.

Desire: To see new worlds and break new things.

Edited by wardari
Added Desire

wardari
Username: Ward
Level 1 Bruiser
Member ID #008
Title: Bruiser
Trait: Hacker
Max Sparks: 24, Energy: 4, Charges: 0
Strength: 6, Stamina: 6
Talent: 4, Nerve: 4
Speed: 4
XP: 0, Sparks: 0
Equipment: None
Inventory: Empty

Also, if you want to include a character desire/goal/wish, that'll help me with characterization and such.

Still awaiting commands from: Bed, Trajectory, and Nebiros. Update could be (late) tonight for parties with all commands in. Otherwise it will wait until Monday evening.

Edited by Shattered Rift

iko & Nebiros heads west with Blackjak and attacks Spambot to assist Shattered Rift.

iko switches position with blackjak before engaging.

Edited by Bed

Traj isn't opposed to switching positions but if he gets oneshot he's breaking a thing over Rex's head. Thing to be determined. Trash's user (you know, that autocorrected, and I'm disinclined to change it) is probably drunk at this point. (Probably, heh.)

[Attack - Spambot A]

Team Piracy

[In lieu of specified targets, iko and Nebiros will attack SpambotA.]

The party moved to intercept the trio of spambots.

iko moves ahead of Blacjak in the party.

Nebiros attacks SpambotA. 7 damage.
SpambotB attacks Blacjak. 4 damage.
Blacjak attacks SpambotC. 11 damage.
SpambotC attacks Blacjak. 4 damage. Deleted!
iko attacks SpambotA. 8 damage.
SpambotA attacks iko. 6 damage.

Blacjak had only a moment to register the counterattack before his vision grayed. Nebiros and iko watched in surprise as his body flickered into ones and zeroes before dissolving like so many enemies had. All three of their enemies still stood, but two had been weakened, and the one looked like a stiff breeze could delete him.

[Blacjak please read below to Wrong Place Right Time.

SpambotABC remain.

Nebiros: Sparks 14/33 Energy 5/7, iko: Sparks 16/28 Energy 7/10, Blacjak: Sparks 0/28 Energy 4/5]

Team Science Project

WebcrawlerB crawls all over Rexozord. 5 damage.
WebcrawlerA attacks Rexozord. 2 damage.
Rexozord attacks SpambotA. 7 damage.
TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerA. 12 damage. Deleted!
SpambotB attacks Trajectory. 5 damage.
Trajectory attacks SpambotA. 7 damage.
SpambotA attacks Rexozord. 4 damage.

[SpambotA, SpambotB, WebcrawlerB remain.

Trajectory: Sparks 12/28 Energy 7/10, Rexozord: Sparks 1/33 Energy 5/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]

Wrong Place Right Time

Ward cursed when he stepped through the Mansion's front gate. The logout had hit him at the climax of the most important paintball match of the year, and reappearing at the front gate meant that he would miss the ending. His train of thought was cut off when he saw three spambots standing between him and the Mansion. Pulling up his console, it took him only a couple of moments to notice an anomaly.

Level: 1

"Crap," he said out loud. He was a decent hacker, but at Level 1 he wouldn't be able to disrupt the spambots. That left Plan B: running past them and breaking anything that got in his way. He charged past the first one cleanly, but the other two turned in time to notice him.

"Hang on," a voice said beside him, and Ward instinctively turned and threw a punch at Blacjak.

Ward attacks Blacjak! Miss!

"Let's take them together," Blacjak said, tossing his Foam Bat into the air and catching it. If they were quick, the spambot behind them wouldn't be an issue.

[SpambotAB approach.

Your party has been arranged to favor Sparks and defenses. If you would like to change your lineup, please include that with your commands.

Blacjak: Sparks 28/28 Energy 4/5, Ward: Sparks 24/24 Energy 4/4]

Edited by Shattered Rift

"Alright! Another Bruiser! Let's bash these guys to pieces! Just follow my lead, Rift and the others in the Parlor need help."

Attack Spambot A

((Very poor luck for me here. Nothing else I can do about it, so I'm going to hope I can get my attack in before getting finished off.))

Rex attacks SpambotA.