Shattered Rift

Werewolf Hosting and MCing

I'd like to apply to host a game, I hope that's okay after kind of leaving the internet when I was scheduled to host my last game.

The game I am planning is a bit of an experimental one and probably one that will end pretty fast, so is ideal to fit in a small week or so gap without any games.

It's a cop themed game, full of loose cannons who just won't do things by the book.

Everything in the game will be a one hit kill outside of protectors and most the roles will be simple...but there's a bit of a twist. Everybody has unlimited daykills. However, shooting an innocent means that you have to hand in your gun and badge. (And are eliminated from the game)

Additionally, execution will be a bit different as well. Each day a person chooses to vote for up to three people to put on trial. Most votes is arrested and put on trial. The person on trial cannot be shot.

The next day, the playerbase as a whole will decide whether the person is innocent or guilty (As well as voting who goes on trial the next day)

Edit: Or that's the rough idea at least. Something will have to be changed as the current method would result in a guaranteed innocent win day one with optimal play. Might limit kills per day, but still have quite a few allowed each day.

Edited by Sinical

except every innocent death is two deaths... Would seem the innocents would lose majority pretty quick...and I assume baddies don't have the daykills.

except every innocent death is two deaths... Would seem the innocents would lose majority pretty quick...and I assume baddies don't have the daykills.

Maybe every innocent has daykill ability in *addition* to their other role abilities, and shooting an innocent instead results in immediately becoming a plain innocent (possibly costing the innocent team a number of role abilities). This change would have to be *silent* so that you can't shoot someone as a means to clear yourself. Also, some number of very, very important innocents should probably have bulletproof vests (y'know, like really important people sometimes do IRL). 

I'd like to apply to host a game, I hope that's okay after kind of leaving the internet when I was scheduled to host my last game.

Not a problem.

Sinical- the Dalek themed game I mentioned also uses an "everyone has a gun(stick)" concept. I have it as essentially a fractional execution in an HP game, though. I actually may end up running it on Twitter with some Dalek friends of mine. If I do, I can let you know what hiccups I encountered if you want.

I hope I can get to play your game, I love the idea of consequences being the limiting factor rather than consensus.

After talking with Bed, could we reserve a slot that'd put the game right around/through Halloween?

It's 'gon be a good old-fashioned swamp tale. -Grins-

Edited by Liz

After talking with Bed, could we reserve a slot that'd put the game right around/through Halloween?

It's 'gon be a good old-fashioned swamp tale. -Grins-

Added to the calendar.

If you have need of more last minute substitute MC's, I would like to volunteer. Since being inspired by Allstars, I have been writing out themed game ideas with roles, and have accumulated a small stockpile. They range from 10-40 player, and are adjustable nightless games that can be run with less notice than signup time.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

I'll throw my hat into the ring with just a classic game.  I've been working on a couple of themed ones, but the numbers just aren't there for what I'm coming up with at the moment.

Signing up to host again. By the time it's my turn it looks like enough normal games will have been played. If not, I'm willing to do a more typical werewolf game.

I will throw my name in the hat for a Sword Art Online themed game that will take any reasonable number of players.

It may or may not be considered spoilers for the Aincrad arc, but watching the series will not be required.

Edit: I should mention, I expect it to run longer than average due to HP and power limiters.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

Whatever happened to Liz/Bed's Halloween game?

If its not happening, I wanna sign up to run deathless WW.  :)

In future, when people sign up to host games, send me a PM giving me an idea of the type of structure you plan to use for your game.  I don't ordinarily need to know details that would tell me so much that I couldn't play in the game if I was able to do so.  However, I want to have a mix of games between those that are non-traditional, extremely complex, low information, experimental type games versus those that I see as more typical.  The more typical games, may or may not have roles for each player and may have new elements to them, but are generally of reasonably high information and have fairly traditional elements of kills and execution.

In future, while following the hosting schedule as closely as possible I will try to alternate between the types of game.  To give a sense of how I see this, I would put my most recent game, Rift's game, Qanda's game and Steev's game as closer to "typical" games although they all had variation.

On the other hand, Inu's two games, Blacjak's game, Cel's game (less so with her game)  and Nightless werewolf all had elements that were very non-traditional.  All of those except nightless werewolf were complex game with unique elements and had lots of misinformation and low information in the game. 

I like both the more "typical" games as well as the more experimental games.  However, I want to keep a balance between the two.  So - when you sign up let me know which type you want to host and basic structure information (of the type you would give people on signing up for the game) so that I will know where to slot you in the order.  I will host games periodically to keep things in balance.

Back in the world of internet. Star and I are going to co-host my game. It's mostly ready. I want to make sure she's good to go, but I'd be ok starting sign-ups early next week. *if you need me, that is. Just saw Wee's post. If she wants to go first, I'm in no crazy rush.

Edited by Celairiel

Star and I are good to go whenever. Game is optimized for 11 players but we could make do with 9 and I'm sure we could find a way to fit more as well. 

I would like to formally be signed up as a recurring host. I host very often in the first place, so I see no reason not to be so. I have a few games I'm working on, but none are currently ready to play. Most of my games will try to accomodate smaller groups of players to fit the current trends.

So, helping Cel with her game whetted my appetite for hosting again, and I've had a couple of ideas running through my head in regards to game setups, so this is me signing up!

I will be pretty busy in May (unless we want me to run this thing like starting this coming week, ha!), and gone in the beginning of June, so I won't be able to host until mid-June at the earliest.

I see that NPM was asking for game types from the would-be hosts... does anyone remember the format in the old SB that you had to use when you signed up to host a game?

It was something like

Theme:

Number of Players:

Times hosted WW:

Times played WW:

and while I don't mind PMing with NPM about the game, I feel like if we update the old format for the new forum it might still be useful to give a teaser about the next game coming up.

Edited by TheLastStarMaker

Signing up to host one last game as my previous one went.. Well yeah.

Will be relatively standard but I have no further details in mind at toys this point