Shattered Rift

Werewolf Hosting and MCing

92 posts in this topic

Can I volunteer my assistance and creative drawings to work with someone?  My job makes it too difficult to promise to be the main MC but I'd be interested in assisting someone.

Do you work friday or saturday night? I have the night shift so I've been unable to host without making cutcutoff like 5pm EST or delaying results until 5am.

Edited by Blacjak

I don't have anyone specifically signed up to host (I know that some of you are available to recur and I can also do that myself).  If anyone is interested, let me know.  I sort of like to alternate more experimental with more traditional games.  We haven't had a more traditional game since the last one I hosted.  I'm open to both types of games, but type of game may play a part in determining hosting scheduling.

The farm game I was making would be very silly, and I would say it would be standard, but I was thinking about a voting mechanic where the player voted wouldn't immediately die, but it makes more sense to just have a standard execution. So yeah, I could do a standard game. Friday and Saturday results would be delayed til 5am though.

Edited by Blacjak

I would be interested in MCing a game, eventually. And I wouldn't be opposed to co-MCing. Or having help. I will start working on plot and mechanics soon.

Edit: I also wouldn't mind running someone else's game if they have a basic idea for it, but didn't have time or something.

Side note: I also have 2 ideas for a non-traditional game. But, I would prefer running something basic first.

Edited by lion wiggles

You could take over friday and saturday for me if you'd like. My hosting style is a bit harder to make notes about plot before hand, but I'm sure we could work it out.

Friday and Saturday are usually fine for me. It does seem like I have a couple of weddings coming up. But, I can work around those fairly easy.

I'd say SISK is pretty traditional (no complex roles, no non-standard win conditions, guaranteed executions/kills), so I don't think it'd be an overload to have an experimental game next.

I'd like to run a fairly traditional game. I do use health/shield in every game I host. Also, it's not ready, but every role in my game will have a posting requirement. Nothing truly new. Aside from the posting, all very standard.

I'd be a co-host if someone needed some assistance. I get out of work at 830-9pm est most days and I could handle some of the burden.

I've basically gotten all of my application work for the grad school I want to get into done, so I've got quite a bit more time now. I'll sign up on the rotation for another WW game, though I haven't the faintest idea what I would run just off the top of my head.

Celairiel likes this

Have you got someone for the next game? I could have mine ready by the week after Thanksgiving. 

Edit: Oh, answered.

Edited by Celairiel

Soooo Star, are you ready to host?

I would like to sign up as a host, I can make a game in a matter of hours and host on short notice. I would like to make a silly Christmas themed game designed for a lower player count. (Due to players being holibusy) Signups could be posted tomorrow and game start the 25th or 26th. My work closes early for a few weeks so I wouldn't have to delay results at all if I just made deadline midnight EST.

Optionally, games could just go on break until after New Years.

Before Blacjak's post, my planned order of hosting had been:

1.  Me - I was going to start a game no earlier than 12/28. 

2.  Inu and Silver are working on a game together, which I had hoped would be ready to go after my game is over.  If it is, then that would be next.  If not ready then, I would hope Star could host her game.  If not, then ideally Inu could host one of his solo hosting games.

3.  If Star hosts her game and Inu and Silver have not hosted their game yet, then they could do their game after Star if ready.  If not, then Inu would host his game.

4.  If Killerk finds someone to co-host with, that game could be slotted in somewhere along here.

5. Blacjak

The above order is subject to change based upon my learning about the individual games.  I do not want to have a long string of non-traditional games and my slot in someone who can run a more traditional game anywhere along the way.  If I have recently hosted, my preference is to find someone else who can do that, but if no one is available who can I will do it.

With Blacjak's post, though, his idea might be a good alternative.  I will put up a separate thread on that.  Please don't respond here.

So, with a few new players on the site I came up with an idea for a game. Every role is split between two people who know each others identities. I figured it would be a good way of letting the new players have somebody more experienced to work with (That they could trust)

I haven't put anything together for this yet, but considering that it would only require about seven roles it is something I could do at any time. The game would also be pretty short, due to above mentioned seven or so roles. Probably 3-4 days max.

So, if we have an open gap where there's nobody who wants to immediately host I'd be willing to go through with this game.

Edited by Sinical
Blacjak, Celairiel and InuyashaOhki like this

My Valentine's Day game is almost ready! I finished drawing right before work and I have ground rules down and rough classes finished.

The game is based around hearts and soulmates tentatively called Spark of Love.

Edited by Blacjak
InuyashaOhki likes this

Sinical I think that is a very interesting concept.

Hosting schedule is currently as follows:

1.  Blacjak - Previously was asked to host the next game which is going to be Valentine's themed.

2. Possibly Star - She had said she had a game ready to go, but I haven't heard back from her on timing.  If ready she is next.  If not (of after her)

3. Sinical 

Of course, as needed I can always fill in with a game.  I've actually been toying with the idea of at some point doing a near classic game - Werewolves, plain innocents, dreamer and maybe a protector.  Anyone else interested in hosting please post here.  I may not always go in order of sign ups as I like to have a mix of experimental and more traditional games.

I have a game idea, and have been working on getting roles and rules written up, am not quite finished yet bit am close. My idea includes dead players having limited use abilities (mostly one time use) that run through me. Also I am thinking that having players have a shield/HP (just so they don't die first hit) would be fun. 

I am not sure if my game counts as traditional or not, but the idea sounded fun to me. 

I assume this is how I get myself onto the list to host a game? 

I vote you run it during sign ups for the next game. Maybe in a different forum, if the overlap would be too confusing. I really enjoyed the last two rounds of SISK. :)

I'll like to provisionally signup to host a game. Salvaging some of the ideas from my danganronpa forum game I had planned, I've made it much more WW like. It's still going to be slightly different from a standard game insofar as logic/deduction of the environment takes precedence over role powers, but otherwise meets most criteria.

Because it's non-standard though I'm not sure how long it is going to take to perfect. I am very excited at the prospect though.