Shattered Rift

Werewolf Hosting and MCing

92 posts in this topic

I'd like to run a game inspired by SISK and the "everyone is a vigi" concepts. The game would revolve around everyone having a single kill that must be uniquely written by the killer in addition to another standard power also of limited use. The twist is that player names cannot be spoken on thread, and that every player has a secret code name to represent them in plot and goals. The goals of each player would involve combinations of standard alignments and bounties. Each player is given another player's code name and has the goal of eliminating them. Additionally, they will know the code name of a player that they want to survive. Completion of each goal at the end of the game will award a player with a point. The game will have a gunslingers theme.

25 minutes ago, Blacjak said:

I'd like to run a game inspired by SISK and the "everyone is a vigi" concepts. The game would revolve around everyone having a single kill that must be uniquely written by the killer in addition to another standard power also of limited use. The twist is that player names cannot be spoken on thread, and that every player has a secret code name to represent them in plot and goals. The goals of each player would involve combinations of standard alignments and bounties. Each player is given another player's code name and has the goal of eliminating them. Additionally, they will know the code name of a player that they want to survive. Completion of each goal at the end of the game will award a player with a point. The game will have a gunslingers theme.

Just let me/NPM know when it's ready.

I've got a non-standard game ready to host. Not the one I was planning earlier, but yeah. Ready to go at any time, but looks like there's already a few non-standard ones lined up.

tldr of my game is that everyone has a sanity rating which goes up/down over a game. There will be no central plot, but people will be PM'ed whatever they see at night, their sanity level can make said information unreliable.

InuyashaOhki likes this

13 hours ago, Sinical said:

I've got a non-standard game ready to host. Not the one I was planning earlier, but yeah. Ready to go at any time, but looks like there's already a few non-standard ones lined up.

tldr of my game is that everyone has a sanity rating which goes up/down over a game. There will be no central plot, but people will be PM'ed whatever they see at night, their sanity level can make said information unreliable.

Ooooh, sanity mechanic. One of us needs to remember to mention it to Liz.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, there is currently no line. Inu and Jasmine (SISK) are both currently on general standby.

I've got the powers balanced on the Transformation game. It turned out more complex than I thought, so there will be more nonstandard elements to the game, but my test modeling shows normal game logic works. You're still working on finding villains before they kill you, with mostly normal powers that just have limitations on them and hints to what they are as posting requirements. I've just got to write up the cute little "Oh, you found X in your room. You can do Y with it." text for each one, which I should have done by the end of the day. 

I will be dead to the world from October 3 until later that week, but I can run it pretty much any time before or after that. I'll go ahead and throw it in the queue.

I've got a game ready--mostly because it's a setup I found elsewhere that I don't think has been tried here on SB--that I think should time nicely after Inu's if you need it. I will be ultra busy the last two weeks of October though, so if there are other people in the queue mine will have to wait until November when I'm more free. I have two other games in the works, but I wanted to try hosting again before doing anything real with either of them because they're both turning out to be more complex than I originally planned.

This one is pretty simplistic in nature, there's not gonna be a ton of plot or anything, but different from the standard in that players receive their alignments completely separately from their roles, which are considered "cards" and have different abilities depending on what they "drew" out of the "deck," and the abilities deal with protection, forcing discards, or being able to look at another player's card and the like, but in order to activate the abilities of the card, it gets revealed in-thread. Card =/= alignment. Semi-Open setup, so players will know what cards do what.

Slight caveat would be having Day cycles be a full 48 hours to allow usage of the many day abilities, possibly letting people vote to end early within the first 24 hours of each cycle.

I'd like to put my hat in the ring again, if that's okay. The game I'm envisioning is a room-based game, with a bit of inspiration from Star's current game where alignments and powers may not necessarily coincide.

InuyashaOhki likes this

May I request a more standard game? I have another new friend on the site, plus I still haven't had a game I could discuss with smile. I think we need a semi typical game before our next unique one. Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, Celairiel said:

May I request a more standard game? I have another new friend on the site, plus I still haven't had a game I could discuss with smile. I think we need a semi typical game before our next unique one. Thanks! 

I haven't checked the queue, but if there's no one signed up for a standard game, I can run one with Halloween skinning. 

EDIT: The actual start date for it would have to be after Sunday, though, as I don't want to be on pain meds while processing night results.

Edited by InuyashaOhki

The queue is:

Sinical

Blacjak

Traj

I don't think any of those is a standard type game, but any of the above can correct me on that.  Sinical is up next but I am not sure he is ready to do it.  

If Sinical is ready to go then the next game after that could be a more standard game.

After this semester is over (i.e., in mid-December) I can host a game assuming I don't get tired of WW again by then. Would just need someone to help in the balancing/building out of roles since I am both out of practice and used to building games for 20+ people. 

Edit: Oh, and it was be a pretty standard game. Some extra stuff in it that I like, and no plain innocents, but it would be pretty standard (no rooms, shields, alternate rules, etc). 

Edited by Exiled Phoenix

Well, it's always good to get in line to host early. I would like to host again as soon as possible XD

Oh and I think this list is accurate:

Games Hosted in the WW Forum:
Blacjak- 9
NPM- 9
Inu- 7
Rift- 4
Sinical- 4
weee- 3
Cel- 3
Star- 3
Traj- 3
Voce- 1
Rex- 1
Clucky- 1
Steev- 1
Qanda- 1
Bed- 1

Edited by Blacjak

2 hours ago, Blacjak said:

Well, it's always good to get in line to host early. I would like to host again as soon as possible XD

Oh and I think this list is accurate:

Hide contents

Games Hosted in the WW Forum:
Blacjak- 9
NPM- 9
Inu- 7
Rift- 4
Sinical- 4
weee- 3
Cel- 3
Star- 3
Traj- 3
Voce- 1
Rex- 1
Clucky- 1
Steev- 1
Qanda- 1
Bed- 1

I suppose these numbers are from since the new forum was installed. Good job.

Edited by Bed

That is correct, but doesn't include co-hosts in the listing which could alter it slightly.

EDIT: Actually, the queue is quite filled so nevermind. Suddenly I felt lazy. If things look open around December  4-11, I can put something together to start around that time. So I'd like to sign-up as a backup game for signups to start between that time. 'course I expect whoever is next on queue would be backup so I'm thinking my chances of hosting is unlikely - which would be great too

Edited by Bed