Shattered Rift

Administrators
  • Content count

    1,810
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    75

Shattered Rift last won the day on November 23

Shattered Rift had the most liked content!

2 Followers

About Shattered Rift

  • Rank
    Lunar Dancer
  • Birthday 10/02/1988

Contact Methods

  • AIM
    Shattered Rift
  • Website URL
    http://sparkbomb.com
  • Skype
    shatteredrift

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    The Sparkbomb Mansion
  • Interests
    Worldbuilding, writing, dancing

Recent Profile Visitors

12,975 profile views
  1. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Team Piracy iko moves to Position 3. Blacjak moves to Postion 2. Blacjak uses a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 9 Sparks. WebcrawlerB runs all around. Speed boosted. WebcrawlerC crawls all over Nebiros. 5 damage. WebcrawlerA crawls all over Nebiros. 3 damage. Nebiros attacks WebcrawlerA. 11 damage. iko attacks WebcrawlerA. 10 damage. Deleted! Blacjak attacks WebcrawlerB. 12 damage. Deleted! Auto-Battle! WebcrawlerC runs all around. Speed boosted. Nebiros. Nebiros attacks WebcrawlerC. 8 damage. Blacjak attacks WebcrawlerC. 13 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers receive 3 XP! [Paths lie open to the East and South. (You came from the West.) The path South leads to the primary objective and the East Hall. The path East leads towards the Art Forum and the Items Cache. If heading South, please specify whether you will head towards the primary objective or the East Hall. Nebiros: Sparks 10/33 Energy 5/7, Blacjak: Sparks 14/28 Energy 4/5, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10] Team Science Project Star found that she moved much slower across the wooden floor without socks, but despite the uncomfortable movement that required picking up her feet she managed to reach the other side safely. She was almost disappointed, but looking back at the webcrawlers made her thankful for her good fortune. [Result: 38] Traj went next, with similar thoughts to Star's. Surely they could take down a few webcrawlers, couldn't they? His movements were fluid, and although the webcrawlers seemed agitated by so many passersby, he reached the other side and joined Star. [Result: 73] "The biscuit is about half-risked already," Rex messaged Blacjak. He continued on with an air of command about him, as if sheer force of will could repel his enemies. Unfortunately, as he neared the other side a spambot and a webcrawler took notice of him. [Result: 85] [Spambot, Webcrawler approach. During the first round, only Rexozord may give a battle command. Star and/or Traj may opt to join the battle (joining at the end of the first round). For each player to join the encounter, an additional Spambot and Webcrawler will be added to the battle. At the end of each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Rexozord: Sparks 19/33 Energy 5/7 Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]
  2. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Team Piracy Deciding that iko needed to reach the east hall, his teammates let him make the first move while the situation seemed safest. Although he lacked the grace of Nebiros and Blacjak, his movements had a calculated nature to them, and although a spambot appeared to be looking directly at him at one point, he ultimately passed through undetected. [Result: 86] Blacjak went next, movements graceful and quick. Much like the wind itself, it seemed as if only an instant had passed before he had joined iko on the other side. [Result: 2] Nebiros swallowed hard, fighting every instinct to grab the nearest fire extinguisher and spontaneously gain the hacking skills to convert in into a flamethrower. Impossible or not, she thought it might be a better idea than trying to sneak past so many webcrawlers. Her movements were more measured than Blacjak's, alternating between slow and quick movements as fear and strategy gripped her mind in equal measure. It felt like forever--although Blacjak would assure her it had been less than a minute--before she reached the other side. [Result: 59] If they could get iko to the east hall, they could bring down the barrier and ensure that no one ever had to cross this minefield again. Traveling East... At the next intersection, Nebiros had had enough. The three webcrawlers staring her down would burn. As much as something beaten and battered could burn without fire, anyway. [WebcrawlerABC approach. Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the East and South. (You came from the West.) The path South leads to the primary objective and the East Hall. The path East leads towards the Art Forum and the Items Cache. If heading South, please specify whether you will head towards the primary objective or the East Hall. Nebiros: Sparks 18/33 Energy 5/7, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10, Blacjak: Sparks 5/28 Energy 4/5] Team Science Project TheLastStarMaker attacks Spambot. 12 damage. Rexozord attacks Spambot. 8 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers gain 3 XP! Traveling East... North... East... North... East... Having dealt with their foes, Rex, Traj, and Star made their way through the hallways of the second floor to arrive in the Grand Ballroom. It was the largest room in the Mansion, and the north wall was filled with windows that offered a view of the balcony, the courtyard below, and the Mansion grounds beyond. Inside, chairs and tables lined the edges of the ballroom. Unfortunately, a group of spambots and too many webcrawlers had decided to make the room their home. Traj tested the door to the balcony only to find it locked. They would have to sneak past the legion of enemies or get the drop on them. [Four (4) Spambots and perhaps two dozen Webcrawlers are present in the room. With the latter skittering around so much, it's difficult to pin down a number, but it's well over a dozen, and you would guess it's less than thirty (30). You have three options, and each player may act individually. Players must specify the order in which they'll act. The player queue will be followed until an encounter is triggered or all players have successfully acted. 1) Ambush. You may attempt to ambush a single enemy of your choice. You have a 70% chance of success (although hit chance is calculated normally, so misses may occur). Failure will result in a normal round of combat for both you and the targeted enemy. (This is a clarification from Team Piracy.) If the enemy is killed outright, you have a 75% chance of remaining undetected. Failing this roll, the following encounter will occur: in addition to the targeted enemy (if alive), 20% chance of additional Spambot, 30% chance of additional Webcrawler, or 50% chance of additional Spambot and Webcrawler. Other players may join when the battle is triggered, but each player joining will add a Spambot and Webcrawler to the encounter. (This is changed from Team Piracy.) Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). 2) Stealth. Players attempting stealth will have an 80% chance of going undetected and reaching the East side of the Grand Ballroom. Failing this roll, one of the following encounters will begin: 30% chance of Spambot, 40% chance of Webcrawler, or 30% chance of Spambot and Webcrawler. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Other players may join after the first round, but each player joining will add a Spambot and Webcrawler to the encounter. (This is changed from Team Piracy.) 3) Engage in battle. This will result in a fight against SpambotA, WebcrawlerAB, with one (1) additional Spambot and one (1) additional Webcrawlers for each additional player to engage in combat. (This is changed from Team Piracy.) Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Rexozord: Sparks 19/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9]
  3. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Team Science Project Rexozord equips Graphic Tee (Defense 0/0 -> 1/0). Trajectory equips Foam Bat (Attack 0 -> 1). TheLastStarMaker equips Foam Bat (Attack 0 -> 1). Rexozord used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 11 Sparks. Party Formation: Rexozord, Trajectory, TheLastStarMaker WebcrawlerB runs all around. Speed boosted. WebcrawlerA crawls all over TheLastStarMaker. 4 damage. TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerA. 14 damage. Deleted! Spambot attacks Rexozord. 4 damage. Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerB. 11 damage. Trajectory attacks WebcrawlerB. 10 damage. Deleted! [Spambot remains. Rexozord: Sparks 19/33 Energy 5/7, Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 5/23 Energy 6/9] Team Piracy Nebiros equips Graphic Tee (Defense 0/0 -> 1/0). iko equips Graphic Tee (Defense 0/0 -> 1/0). Blacjak equips Foam Bat (Attack 0 -> 1). Party Formation: Nebiros, iko, Blacjak (Lacking specific positions from Blacjak and iko, order has been chosen based on Sparks and Defense. This arrangement may be changed at the agreement of those players, or it may be rendered irrelevant by your next obstacle.) Traveling East... North... East... North... East... Leaving their allies to deal with the enemies, the pirate, the hacker, and the wind quickly made their way through the hallways of the second floor to arrive in the Grand Ballroom. It was the largest room in the Mansion, and the north wall was filled with windows that offered a view of the balcony, the courtyard below, and the Mansion grounds beyond. Inside, chairs and tables lined the edges of the ballroom. Unfortunately, a group of spambots and too many webcrawlers had decided to make the room their home. Blacjak tested the door to the balcony only to find it locked. They would have to sneak past the legion of enemies or get the drop on them. [Four (4) Spambots and perhaps two dozen Webcrawlers are present in the room. With the latter skittering around so much, it's difficult to pin down a number, but it's well over a dozen, and you would guess it's less than thirty (30). You have three options, and each player may act individually. Players must specify the order in which they'll act. The player queue will be followed until an encounter is triggered or all players have successfully acted. 1) Ambush. You may attempt to ambush a single enemy of your choice. You have a 70% chance of success (although hit chance is calculated normally, so misses may occur). If the enemy is killed outright, you have a 75% chance of remaining undetected. Failing this roll, the following encounter will occur: in addition to the targeted enemy (if alive), 20% chance of additional Spambot, 30% chance of additional Webcrawler, or 50% chance of additional Spambot and Webcrawler. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Other players may join after the first round, but each player joining will add a Spambot and two Webcrawlers to the encounter. 2) Stealth. The first player to attempt stealth will have a 95% chance of going undetected and reaching the East side of the Grand Ballroom. Subsequent players will have an 80% chance of going undetected. Failing this roll, one of the following encounters will begin: 30% chance of Spambot, 40% chance of Webcrawler, or 30% chance of Spambot and Webcrawler. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Other players may join after the first round, but each player joining will add a Spambot and two Webcrawlers to the encounter. 3) Engage in battle. This will result in a fight against SpambotA, WebcrawlerAB, with one (1) additional Spambot and two (2) additional Webcrawlers for each additional player to engage in combat. Each round, there is a 25% chance of another Spambot joining and a 33% chance of another Webcrawler joining (with a possibility of both joining). Nebiros: Sparks 18/33 Energy 5/7, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10, Blacjak: Sparks 5/28 Energy 4/5]
  4. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Looks like there's still some dispute about distribution and parties. Potential update tonight if Rex and Nebiros get commands in and things seem reasonable to finalize.
  5. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    [I seem to have forgotten something...] Level Up! Blacjak achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +4! Max Energy +1! Strength +2! Stamina +2! Talent +1! Nerve +1! Speed +1! [Blacjak: Sparks 5/28 Energy 4/5]
  6. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    The Wind Spambot attacks Blacjak. 4 damage. Blacjak attacks Spambot. 9 damage. Auto-Battle! Spambot attacks Blacjak. 5 damage. Blacjak attacks Spambot. Critical! 10 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers receive 3 XP! [Read on to Weapons Cache Get. Blacjak: Sparks 5/24 Energy 4/4] Weapons Cache Get Rexozord moves to Position 1. WebcrawlerC crawls all over Rexozord. 5 damage. WebcrawlerB attacks iko. 6 damage. TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerC. 7 damage. iko attacks WebcrawlerC. 7 damage. Deleted! Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerB. 7 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers receive 4 XP! Level Up! Rexozord achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +5! Max Energy +2! Strength +1! Stamina +2! Talent +2! Nerve +2! Speed +1! Level Up! TheLastStarMaker achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +3! Max Energy +3! Strength +2! Stamina +2! Talent +3! Nerve +2! Speed +2! Level Up! Nebiros achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +5! Max Energy +2! Strength +1! Stamina +2! Talent +2! Nerve +2! Speed +1! Level Up! Trajectory achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +4! Max Energy +3! Strength +1! Stamina +1! Talent +3! Nerve +3! Speed +1! Level Up! iko achieves Level 2! Max Sparks +4! Max Energy +3! Strength +1! Stamina +1! Talent +3! Nerve +3! Speed +1! Everyone had taken blows, but all five had survived the onslaught of webcrawlers. Nebiros was the first to the table, uttering the word, "Gimme," and the other four were admiring the cache a moment later. Three foam sticks sat on the table with graphic t-shirts to go with them. They had apparently been in use for a game of Mafia before everyone had been logged out, but surely no one would miss them. [Optional Objective: Recover the Weapons Cache Complete! Received 3x Foam Bat. (Attack +1) Received 3x Graphic Tee. (Defense +1/+0. The first number indicates physical defense and the second number indicates special defense.) Equipment may be distributed as you see fit. If there is a disagreement, it will be settled via RNG with the goal of first distributing one piece of equipment to each member.] The joke did indeed seem to be on Khem, whose cocky expression watched blankly as they passed by him on their way back down the hall. Traveling North... East... South... Blacjak attacks Spambot. Critical! 10 damage. Deleted! The well-equipped party arrived just in time to watch as Blacjak obliterated his foe. After introductions, the six continued on their mission... Traveling West... The General Lounge was a simple assortment of couches and bean bag chairs, and the team quickly ascended the stairs. The First Lounge, as this one was called, was in a state of disarray like the Mafia Forum, with tables and chairs and couch overturned. A single bot and two crawlers were the culprits, and they quickly took note of the members' presence. It would be possible for one party to occupy their foes while the others continued ahead. What would the members do? [Encounter: Spambot, WebcrawlerAB approach. The status line below shows parties as they were organized at the end of the last encounter. Please create/reorganize/etc parties as desired. It is only necessary for one party to engage this encounter. If a group chooses to go ahead and can get that command in by tomorrow evening, I'll run a mini-update to let them know what new challenge they'll be facing. Character sheets on the first post have been updated. Please check them to confirm their accuracy. Rexozord: Sparks 12/33 Energy 5/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 9/23 Energy 6/9, Nebiros: Sparks 18/33 Energy 5/7 Trajectory: Sparks 17/28 Energy 7/10, iko: Sparks 9/28 Energy 7/10 Blacjak: Sparks 5/24 Energy 4/4]
  7. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Re: Fronts and Parties: It's come to my attention that I may have been unclear in the last update, and I'd also like to mention a bit of game design. Prior to now, I've used the term "Encounters" to describe separate battles. I used the term "Fronts" in this most recent battle to suggest different parts of the same battle. Geographically, WebcrawlerABC are in the Mafia Forum, and the lone Webcrawler was in the Mafia Lounge, and these two areas are separated by an open door. Given Zen's health issues and Khem's withdrawal, I meant to explain that players would choose one of the two Fronts and create new party arrangements. Once a Front was cleared, the combatants from that Front could move to the other Front (as a second party on that Front). When I designed the game, I intended for party sizes to be limited at 3 players in a party, making the game about you and up to two teammates fighting a number of enemies (specifically one to six). In designing this Quest, I anticipated the two parties splitting up to tackle different objectives. Instead, you all decided to stick together. While piecing together a battle simulator (which has been a taxing and slow-going project, especially due to outside reasons), I've tried to decide how to address that. I'm reluctant to expand party sizes or the number of characters allowed to participate in one battle. I think this would make battles a less intimate affair. It would also run the risk of battles becoming much more subject to the RNG later on when status effects come into play. I think difficulty has also impacted this problem, as enemies are much stronger now than they will be as you level up and classes are unlocked. In the two games Mansionverse Saga is based on, enemies are much weaker, and the communities have largely agreed that health and defense are the determining factor for party order (with a couple of exceptions). Front A could have easily gone much worse for all of you, and it was unfair to assume Star would take the front position. However, I also want to maintain the pace of the game, so I assumed that her desire to forego healing would also make it acceptable to follow Rex and Nebiros' position commands. Just as many of you are getting used to playing a game in this format, I'm also getting used to running it. This is one of the reasons why death penalties will remain minor for this Quest. I appreciate the feedback I've received from several of you, and I also welcome it in this thread so that the community can help to improve the game experience.
  8. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Weapons Cache Get - Front A Rexozord used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 10 Sparks. Nebiros used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 8 Sparks. WebcrawlerB attacks Rexozord. 4 damage. WebcrawlerC runs all around. Speed boosted. WebcrawlerA runs all around. Speed boosted. Nebiros attacks WebcrawlerA. 6 damage. Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerA. 7 damage. Deleted! thelaststarmaker attacks WebcrawlerB. 7 damage. [WebcrawlerBC remain. TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 9/20 Energy 6/6, Rexozord: Sparks 17/28 Energy 5/5, Nebiros: Sparks 18/28 Energy 5/5] Weapons Cache Get - Front B Webcrawler attacks Trajectory. 7 damage. Trajectory throws a Snowball at Webcrawler. 14 damage. Deleted! iko pokes Webcrawler to make sure it's defeated. [You may join Front A and declare actions. Trajectory: Sparks 17/24 Energy 7/7, iko: Sparks 15/24 Energy 7/7] The Wind Blacjak attacks Spambot. 8 damage. Spambot attacks Blacjak. Miss! Auto-Battle! Spambot attacks Blacjak. 4 damage. Blacjak attacks Spambot. Critical! 12 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers receive 3 XP! Blacjak, known to his fans as "The Wind," proved his title by evading and dispatching the Spambot with fluid movement. He reached the top of the stairs as Shattered Rift finished emptying the cache. "Good job down there," Shattered Rift said. "Now can you tell me what's going on?" Blacjak said. "There's a hacker up in the Irregular Tower," Shattered Rift said, taking the stairs back to the ground floor. Barriers blocked their progress on the second floor... and on much of the first floor too, Blacjak noticed. "About a dozen spambots spawned inside the Mansion before I rerouted them to spawn at the front gate. I've taken down another dozen holding the line here, but protecting the elevator means I can't deal with the hacker. I sent a group to stop him, but they could use the backup." "What about you?" Blacjak said. "I can hold the line here if all of you hurry," Shattered Rift said. "This horde can't be limitless." [Quest received! Story Quest: Intruder Primary Objective: Defeat the Script Kiddie Optional: Recover the Weapons Cache Optional: Recover the Items Cache Optional: Disable the Barrier on the 2nd Floor East Hall (Requires Hacker)] While Shattered Rift explained the situation, three more spambots came through the front door, and one of them quickly headed down the west hallway. "Go!" Shattered Rift said, handing Blacjak two Fused Spark Minis. "I can deal with these two." Blacjak receives 2 Fused Spark Minis. Traveling west... Blacjak quickly caught up to his prey. [Spambot approaches. Blacjak: Sparks 14/24 Energy 4/4]
  9. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Team Piracy As the trio prepared to go through the door into the Mafia Forum, Khem stopped moving. “Get a move on, bro,” Nebiros said, nudging her teammate forward, “I ain't waitin' around for Team Can't Keep Up to take my shiny new weapon.” Khem remained still. “I think he went inactive,” iko said. Nebiros gulped audibly, looking through the doorway at the three metallic arachnids. The fight was going to be difficult enough for the three of them, and without Khem they were sure to be outmatched. [Zen's having some health issues and needs time to recover. Given the circumstances, I decided to forego Nebiros' command to heal him and defer the start of this battle. Read on to Team Science Project, where your reinforcements will arrive.] Team Science Project / Weapons Cache Get Webcrawler crawls all over TheLastStarMaker. 7 damage. TheLaststarmaker attacks Webcrawler. 7 damage. Deleted! Spambot attacks Rexozord. 6 damage. Rexozord attacks Spambot. 5 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers gain 2 XP! Traveling West, South... “I think he went inactive,” iko said. Khem's still body bore a cocky expression, but his inaction suggested the joke would be on him once the weapons cache was claimed. “Terrible timing,” Rex muttered. “More weapons for us,” Traj said with a grin. “I just want my socks,” Star grumbled. A soft skittering behind them announced the presence of another webcrawler. [Front A: WebcrawlerABC approach. Front B: Webcrawler approaches. All five players may reorganize parties and pre-battle heal as desired. For this encounter, any number of players may take the same front. If multiple parties engage a front, enemies will have an equal chance of targeting each party (and from there have the normal chances of hitting each party member based on position). If an encounter is left unengaged, that enemy(/ies) may freely attack and have a higher rate of criticals. Once a front is cleared, players from that front may engage the other front on the following turn. The winners and survivors of this battle will claim the weapons cache. If more than three players survive, it'll be up to all of you to determine distribution. Rexozord: Sparks 11/28 Energy 5/5, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 9/20 Energy 6/6, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7 iko: Sparks 15/24 Energy 7/7, Nebiros: Sparks 10/28 Energy 5/5 Khem: Sparks 9/24 Energy 7/7 (Inactive)] The Wind Webcrawler crawls all over Blacjak. 7 damage. Blacjak attacks Webcrawler. 8 damage. Auto-Battle! Webcrawler attacks Blacjak. 3 damage. Blacjak attacks Webcrawler. 11 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers gain 3 XP! A whirl of silver and gold at the top of the stairs caught Blacjak's attention as Shattered Rift cut down another Spambot. His breath was ragged, and his clothes were ripped and oily. “A bruiser, good,” Shattered Rift said, relieved. “If you can keep the next one off of me, I can provide some healing for both of us.” He turned to the wall on the right of the elevator and revealed a hidden panel. Blacjak barely had time to take note of the secret cache before the sound of the front doors opening alerted him to his new foe. [Spambot approaches. Blacjak: Sparks 14/24 Energy 4/4]
  10. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Still awaiting commands from: Khem and Rex. Update is scheduled for tonight. Three separate enemies as part of one group or party of enemies. (This kind of thing will matter once characters have Abilities that target groups.) The letter notation is used to distinguish them.
  11. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    I'm going to again ask that each of you keep track of your party's status line to ensure that things aren't getting missed. While a portion of the battle system is automated, much of it (including adding or deducting Sparks) is not. For example, I only just realized that I missed this post of Star's and that I've mistakenly had her in the back of her party's lineup for the past three updates. As this has caused her to take two attacks that Traj would have eaten, I'm going to leave Spark counts as they are and quietly move Star back to her position in second. This is also a reason that it's helpful to have all of your commands together at the start or end of your post, so I don't have to skim through role plays while gathering commands. Meanwhile, re: Auto-Battle... Auto-Battle is a game feature where, in a simplified battle state, I continue the battle through to completion. Usually this means if there's only one enemy remaining (or if you're significantly stronger than an existing enemy group), I'll run additional round(s) with normal attacks. Auto-Battle isn't a guaranteed event, as I will defer from it if my schedule disallows (particularly as player count and battle complexity grow), if a player is in critical Sparks (in danger of dying), or for other potential reasons.
  12. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    [Thank you Rex for catching the errors.] Team Piracy iko moves to the front of the party while Nebiros withdraws to the back. [Following Bed's command for iko to swap spots with Nebiros seems like the best interpretation of the party's collective commands.] Nebiros used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 9 Sparks. Webcrawler crawls all over Khem. 6 damage. iko throws a Snowball at Spambot. 9 damage. Nebiros attacks Spambot. 4 damage. Spambot attacks iko. 9 damage. Khem attacks Spambot. 4 damage. Deleted! Auto-Battle! Webcrawler crawls all over Khem. 4 damage. Khem attacks Webcrawler. 7 damage. iko attacks Webcrawler. 6 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers gain 2 XP! Traveling West, South... The Mafia Forum was spartan compared to most of the Mansion's rooms, being furnished with a single large table. The weapons cache--several objects lying on the table--were waiting to be claimed. However, three arachnids were scurrying along the floor between the party and their objective. [WebcrawlerABC approach. iko: Sparks 15/24 Energy 7/7, Khem: Sparks 9/24 Energy 7/7, Nebiros: Sparks 10/28 Energy 5/5] Team Science Project Rexozord used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 9 Sparks. Rexozord used a Fused Spark Mini on TheLastStarMaker. Recovered 6 Sparks. thelaststarmaker attacks Webcrawler. 9 damage. Webcrawler runs all around. Speed boosted. Trajectory throws a Snowball at Spambot. 10 damage. Spambot attacks Rexozord. 5 damage. Rexozord attacks Spambot. 4 damage. [Spambot, Webcrawler remain. Rexozord: Sparks 17/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 16/20 Energy 6/6] The Wind [Blacjak Username: Blacjak Level 1 Bruiser Member ID #007 Title: Bruiser Trait: Acrobat Max Sparks: 24, Energy: 4, Charges: 0 Strength: 6, Stamina: 6 Talent: 4, Nerve: 4 Speed: 4 XP: 0, Sparks: 0 Equipment: None Inventory: Empty] The several bots lining the front path between Blacjak and the Mansion's front door was not the sight he had expected to see upon logging in. The shambling bots were no match for his superior acrobatics--or so he believed, and he was yet to be proven wrong--but an eight-legged foe scurrying along the door did bar his path. [Webcrawler approaches. Blacjak: Sparks 24/24 Energy 4/4]
  13. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    I want to clear up a few things that may have been confusing. Your team's section starts with the bolded... Team Helper ... or whatever your awesome team name is, and it ends with the Status Line... [Sparkbot: Sparks 16/16 Energy 0/0 Charges 0/0] The remaining enemies will be included in the status line before your party stats, allowing you to quickly assess your situation: [SpambotAB remain. Sparkbot: Sparks 16/16 Energy 0/0 Charges 0/0] I've also been mentioning directions. Due to the 72 hour update schedule, I want to avoid downtime when possible. So if you know you're about to wrap up your battle, you can also include travel directions. Auto-Battle is granted at my discretion, usually when another round of combat will safely wrap up the battle. In a case like the current one where Nebiros' Spark count may be at risk of death by non-crit, I may only run a single round. Death penalties will be light during this Quest, but they will become more severe later (costing money Sparks and possibly Experience). If there are any other questions or clarification needed, feel free to post and ask.
  14. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Team Piracy Webcrawler attacks Khem. 5 damage. Khem attacks Spambot. 4 damage. Nebiros attacks Webcrawler. 5 damage. Spambot attacks Nebiros. 6 damage. iko attacks Webcrawler. 5 damage. Deleted! Auto-Battle! Khem attacks Spambot. Miss! Spambot attacks Nebiros. Critical! 14 damage. iko attacks Spambot. 6 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers gain 2 XP! Shattered Rift's voice came in over PM: "Remember, the weapons cache won't have enough equipment for all six of you." Traveling north... Just outside the Mafia Forum, the tables in the Mafia Lounge had been flipped over by Spambots evidently causing disruption. [Encounter A: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command? Encounter B: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command? As Bed did not submit a target, his target from last round was repeated. In the future, a group's update will be delayed if all commands are not in. To allow for teammates to change your commands, I recommend a player submit a target as well as a conditional that one (or more) teammates can override. Nebiros: Sparks 1/28 Energy 5/5, Khem: Sparks 19/24 Energy 7/7, iko: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7 ] Team Science Project Webcrawler attacks TheLastStarMaker. 4 damage. Rexozord attacks Spambot. 5 damage. TheLastStarMaker throws a Snowball at Spambot. 8 damage. Spambot attacks Rexozord. 5 damage. Trajectory attacks Spambot. 5 damage. Deleted! Auto-Battle! Webcrawler attacks TheLastStarMaker. 5 damage. Rexozord attacks Webcrawler. 7 damage. Deleted! Victory! All battlers gain 3 XP! Shattered Rift's voice came in over PM: "Remember, the weapons cache won't have enough equipment for all six of you." Traveling north... Just outside the Mafia Forum, the tables in the Mafia Lounge had been flipped over by Spambots evidently causing disruption. [Encounter A: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command? Encounter B: Spambot, Webcrawler approach. Command? Rexozord: Sparks 13/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 10/20 Energy 6/6]
  15. Sparkbomb: Mansionverse Saga

    Team Piracy iko moves behind Khem in the party order. Nebiros used a Fused Spark Mini on iko. Recovered 8 Sparks. Webcrawler runs all around. Speed boosted. Nebiros attacks Spambot. 5 damage. iko attacks Webcrawler. 6 damage. Khem attacks Spambot. 6 damage. Spambot attacks Nebiros. 7 damage. [Spambot, Webcrawler remain. Nebiros: Sparks 21/28 Energy 5/5, Khem: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, iko: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7 Note: Bed, in the future please bold all commands, including changing the party order. This party is eligible to include auto-battle commands that will be executed if one of their enemies is defeated next round. A travel command may also be posted. Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the West and North. (You came from the East.) The path west leads towards the primary objective. The path to the north leads towards the Mafia Forum and the weapons cache.] Team Science Project TheLastStarMaker used a Fused Spark Mini. Recovered 6 Sparks. WebcrawlerA runs all around. Speed boosted. WebcrawlerB crawls all over Rexozord. 5 damage. TheLastStarMaker attacks WebcrawlerB. 8 damage. Rexozord attacks WebcrawlerA. 5 damage. Spambot attacks Rexozord. 5 damage. Trajectory throws a Snowball at WebcrawlerA. 11 damage. Deleted! [ Spambot, WebcrawlerB remain. Rexozord: Sparks 18/28 Energy 5/5, Trajectory: Sparks 24/24 Energy 7/7, TheLastStarMaker: Sparks 19/20 Energy 6/6 Upon completion of the battle, paths lie open to the West and North. (You came from the East.) The path west leads towards the primary objective. The path to the north leads towards the Mafia Forum and the weapons cache.] [Next update will hopefully be Wednesday. I'm in the process of trying to streamline the tools I'm using to run battles, and that may delay until Thursday. I'd appreciate it if players keep track of their inventories and of changes in Sparks/etc. A lot of things are being run by hand right now.]